craz azn
08-09-2007, 12:21 AM
That is sick.

What rpm you shift at? You must have short gears to grab 4th at ~120kms

Gleb
08-09-2007, 12:31 AM
That is sick.

What rpm you shift at? You must have short gears to grab 4th at ~120kms

Drive-train wise everything is stock. I short shifted at one or two places just because I run out of revs in third in the middle of some corners. Other than that I take it to the red line.
I hit the rev limiter a couple of times in previous sessions, so I started short shifting... didn't want to tow my baby home with a busted rocker arm.

86coupe30
08-09-2007, 08:16 AM
good call.. wheres the nsx? i didnt see one haha

FuryriderX
08-09-2007, 08:31 AM
last 1/4 of the vid, you can see it a little ways ahead. nice driving man! how much did the whole weekend end up costing you? not including gas/etc

86coupe30
08-09-2007, 08:32 AM
looks like alotta fun when you gota fast car haha

Gleb
08-09-2007, 10:21 AM
last 1/4 of the vid, you can see it a little ways ahead. nice driving man! how much did the whole weekend end up costing you? not including gas/etc

you don't wanna know. but for a weekend like that count on $1500.

btw, it was the last session of the weekend, so i upshifted earlier, just to take it easy on the car.

86coupe30
08-09-2007, 10:23 AM
im not hatin your car probably would kill mine

Gleb
08-09-2007, 10:23 AM
looks like alotta fun when you gota fast car haha

you don't need a fast car to have fun at the track, ask anyone with an E30... oh, that's me *wave*

static
08-09-2007, 10:46 AM
crap man, i could of sworn this was a videogame clip. What did you use to capture the video, kph, position relative to the track, etc? At first i thought you were just messing with us.

Gleb
08-09-2007, 11:38 AM
crap man, i could of sworn this was a videogame clip. What did you use to capture the video, kph, position relative to the track, etc? At first i thought you were just messing with us.

I have no idea, there was an in-car video service at the track. They hook-up two bullet cameras anywhere you want and plug their equipment in the cig. lighter. Unfortunatly the sound got ****ed. I have a DVD of my session from them, it looks awesome! 100 times better than what you see in the link.

static
08-09-2007, 04:25 PM
that video in the link was bloody awesome (quality and all the fanciness), so i can only imagine what the DVD looks like.
I bet they use some kind of GPS based system to track your position on the track and kmh. I saw they even had tachometer on the ariel videos (on the same website), i guess an inductive pickup to a sparkplug wire would give this, so no interface to ecu is necessary really.

track looks like fun, i hear people go through tires very fast on it (especially the front left tire).

so did you have J-stock on it?

Gleb
08-09-2007, 07:51 PM
that video in the link was bloody awesome (quality and all the fanciness), so i can only imagine what the DVD looks like.
I bet they use some kind of GPS based system to track your position on the track and kmh. I saw they even had tachometer on the ariel videos (on the same website), i guess an inductive pickup to a sparkplug wire would give this, so no interface to ecu is necessary really.

track looks like fun, i hear people go through tires very fast on it (especially the front left tire).

so did you have J-stock on it?

DVD is unbelievable! Just no ****ing sound :(
Yes, they do use a GPS, I remember that much. You can't get RPM on OBD-I cars, but the guy said that they were working on it.

It not bad on the tires, the surface is VERY smoooooth and there is grip pretty much everywhere.

Yes, it was the first time ever, I drove the car on new suspension, I didn't even take a test drive on the street, just picked it up from Engineered Automotive on Thusday and trailered it straight to Calabogie.
Friday was somewhat of a test day, for me and the car. It took all of Friday for me to memorize the track. I will give you a full suspension report after I drive familiar Mosport.
But it felt very good. For the first couple of sessions I had to remind myself that I had a new suspension, I am used to body roll and there just wasn't any:cool:

static
08-09-2007, 09:06 PM
haha, tell me how your a$$ feels after you go to mosport on these springs and no pillow on that sparco :)

woofster
08-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Gleb, that video is awesome! I'm surprised the quality is so good. Audio would've definitely been the icing on the cake, though.

Gleb
08-09-2007, 10:01 PM
haha, tell me how your a$$ feels after you go to mosport on these springs and no pillow on that sparco :)

Actually it was fine... and stop thinking about my ass:D

tominizer
08-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Cool video. No bouncing it over those curbs !??!?!??!?

Gleb
08-10-2007, 11:58 PM
Cool video. No bouncing it over those curbs !??!?!??!?

The curbs are very smooth, you hardly feel them.

EMPOWERD
08-11-2007, 04:07 AM
Nice Gleb, I remember that! Looks like it was a smart purchase. I'm definitely doing that with the GT2.

The equipement actually plugs into the OBD-2 interface and reads all the engine vitals from it. Unfortunately, OBD-1 customers don't have those "creature comforts", but still cool to watch your line.

everlast
08-12-2007, 01:36 PM
That is an AMAZING video! They even have markers on track for section times, etc, super cool.

Edit: I see the site this is on _is_ the company offering this, cool.

330xi
08-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Hey Gleb

I was there as well in the beat up looking silver E30.

Fantastic weekend, could tell your suspensions working well.
Did you get it corner balanced - really helps.

Once your get a little more track time you will see a substancial
drop and for a number of the corners you will be shifting even earlier.

Paul S.

ps - everlast, when are you going to get out there?

everlast
08-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Well, I suffered a bit of a head injury a week ago which has pretty much put the hold on anything cool for me this summer. I did go up to Calabogie with Chromius the sunday of the Porsche weekend and strolled around; didn't see you though.

330xi
08-14-2007, 04:22 PM
I was up there the UCR weekend before the BMW weekend.

What did you do to your self?

everlast
08-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Sorry I missed you then. I hit my head at a water park, which caused some bleeding on the brain at the stem. It was pretty serious, but many CT scans later I am recovering. Still getting headaches like the wind. The worst part:

Wasn't able to drive for a week.