PDA

View Full Version : so i got pulled over!..

Majjic
08-06-2007, 11:47 AM
yea, about 3 saturdays ago i got pulled over by a peel police officer on mavis and rathburn

I wasn't speeding or anything, i was in 4th gear at 60, i saw him following me..
he decides to turn on his lights and i pull to the side
first thing he does is ask, is this my vehicle?

i give him the usual, papers and documents. he comes back and then tells me to come out to the front of the vehicle, he then points at my european lisence plate and says "this is not supposed to be here, take it off", "if you cant take it off, i will pry it off" i knew i was asking for it in the first place with the plate there, but i had the ontario one on right underneath it?, whatever it was something i wanted to have on my car anywase at the time.
Me and my passanger then put the plate in the trunk of the car, he tells us to open the trunk again, then he takes the plate from me? in my mind i was like WTF?
hes then like " you have a sound system too" LOL what a loser, what i cant listen to music now?

he tells us to get back into the vehicle, he then says the muffler you have on your car is "improper"?? I got Charlie from bimmersport to install the MAGNAFLOW 14815 muffler i got from the groupbuy a few weeks before that, no problem.My older muffler was improper, because it had a hole in it and the insides were broken. He then says the muffler is too loud, "do you hear any of the cars passing by, making noise?" meanwhile one fartcan honda does pass by lol
The muffler on my car isnt too loud anywase, especially from my car *thmbsdwn* Its because when you follow my car in the night, the muffler is really shiny, so thats the first thing you notice, he didnt tell me to rev the engine or anything like that, he didnt give me a paper to test out the muffler to see how loud it is..??

so i was starting to realise what a asshole this prick was *uzi* , he tells me to roll up my windows, he points out the tint, "see this tint right here, its too dark" something like " you cant see other moving vehicles beside you while on the highway, its a safety issue" i said the tint was here before i even bought the car, which is true. plus its not dark you can see easy through them.

he then leaves and comes back with 2 tickets
1. Improper Muffler
2. Confuse Identity of plate
both 110.00 each no points, i sent both to court to get a trial date..

im asking for your advice anyone what should i do?

thanks for the help!

Kal
08-06-2007, 12:40 PM
what advice do you need? Both are minor tickets that will not affect your insurance rates. Your taking it to trial so if the cop doesn't show up you'll be fine. You'll probably have a first attendance meeting with the prosecutor and he/she will give you an option to plead guilty and reduce the fine..

Either way, you can't have a european license plate ... many members here have got tickets for that .. and far as your muffler goes .. i doubt the courts will let you have that one easily ... remember the police think that souped up cars are more of a threat to society then guns are lol

windsorbmw
08-06-2007, 01:06 PM
BS! Him giving you tickets for the above is stupid and a waste of our tax money. He should be going after drug dealers and other gang related shit in Toronto.

He was totally being an idiot!
Maybe he was picked on in school lol

ZHP_Bimmer05
08-06-2007, 02:16 PM
if there is no points, then dont bother fighting it, cause ur gonna end up paying more for the lawyer, i think its like 250-300$ Just as long as it doesnt go on ur insurance

ZHP_Bimmer05
08-06-2007, 02:18 PM
O ye and that cop was an asswole

kidneykill
08-06-2007, 08:27 PM
[QUOTE=Majjic]
QUOTE]
Hmm I get this question everytime I drive across the border (and back)! The second question is always how can I afford a BMW! WTF?

bmdbley'sBro
08-06-2007, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=Majjic]
QUOTE]
Hmm I get this question everytime I drive across the border (and back)!
The second question is always how can I afford a BMW! WTF?
to which you reply: obviously I made a better career choice then you, DUH!

to the op if youre real bored & want to get pulled over lots more you could write a complaint stating
you believed the officer pulled you over for no other reason then him profiling you:
young guy in a bmw= illegal activity?
he threatened to physicaly damage your property over a misdmeanor. which seems abit much?
and was generaly 'unproffesional' & overly stern 'angry' and swore lots too :D

Axxe
08-06-2007, 10:52 PM
When that happens, ask for his supervisor.

Bmwstylz
08-06-2007, 11:41 PM
one - you don't need a lawyer to represent yourself

two - putting a euro plate over your ontario plate is at the very least a bmw fashion crime ;) (or those people who put one above it too!) consider this a good excuse to do a light makeover to get the car up to standard

Axxe
08-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Rule of thumb: Europlate stays at home until there is a cruise/meet/whatever. Too much bait right now with all the streetracing heat, while make yourself stand out more?

Boots R
08-07-2007, 12:08 AM
No front plate = better than euro or normal plate. (cosmetically speaking.)

BimmerboyPH
08-07-2007, 12:15 AM
Wow wat a dick!! Cops are really starting to get a bad rep.

Majjic
08-07-2007, 10:47 PM
what advice do you need? Both are minor tickets that will not affect your insurance rates. Your taking it to trial so if the cop doesn't show up you'll be fine. You'll probably have a first attendance meeting with the prosecutor and he/she will give you an option to plead guilty and reduce the fine..

Either way, you can't have a european license plate ... many members here have got tickets for that .. and far as your muffler goes .. i doubt the courts will let you have that one easily ... remember the police think that souped up cars are more of a threat to society then guns are lol

thats what i was thinking, just going then plead guilty to a lesser fine

there were no points on the tickets
hopefully it wont effect my insurance..

StikiGreenZ
08-08-2007, 09:02 AM
No front plate = better than euro or normal plate. (cosmetically speaking.)

Definetly... Been rolling around over a month plateless :D

STALKER
08-08-2007, 12:59 PM
I would make an official complaint against the cop.
Some of them are just pricks as you experienced, and this is not acceptable.

jaystyles
08-09-2007, 09:05 AM
Definetly... Been rolling around over a month plateless :D

Sorry fellas... this isnt the US. You need two plates in Ontario and both must be attached to the front and rear of the car visibly (not in windshield).

I have a bunch of tickets to prove this.

Boots R
08-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Sorry fellas... this isnt the US. You need two plates in Ontario and both must be attached to the front and rear of the car visibly (not in windshield).

I have a bunch of tickets to prove this.
I've been warned a couple times about not having a plate.

But tickets are worth the aesthetically pleasing front bumper. :)

StikiGreenZ
08-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Sorry fellas... this isnt the US. You need two plates in Ontario

No one said its legal... As for the US comment, there are provinces in CANADA that don't have mandatory front plates (Quebec for instance).

*wave*

Boots R
08-09-2007, 10:09 AM
No one said its legal... As for the US comment, there are provinces in CANADA that don't have mandatory front plates (Quebec for instance).

*wave*
Canadian Provinces not requiring front licence plate:
Alberta
Newfoundland and Labrador
the Northwest Territories
Nova Scotia
Nunavut
Prince Edward Island
Quebec
Saskatchewan
the Yukon

US States not requiring front licence plate:
Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts (So long as your plate was issued before 1998)
Michigan
Mississippi
New Mexico
North Carolina
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
Tennessee
West Virginia

Bartacus
08-09-2007, 10:52 AM
I would make an official complaint against the cop.
Some of them are just pricks as you experienced, and this is not acceptable.
This is a good idea. Cops have to learn that they can't get away with this crap just because they feel like they're cracking down on street racers. I don't find this acceptable at all.

Bart

Nascar318is
08-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Count yourself lucky for your tint. I've seen cops making people tear the tint off the windows right on the spot. It could have gotten worse. Your exhaust is all about the DB's, if you pass a certain DB level then it's noise pollution(disturbing the peace). Alot of mufflar's sold out there come with the writing on the box "for off road use only" If the cop just looked at it and said, it's improper without doing tests, then do what you are doing and fight it. The plate for the front, well I don't think there's any ways around it. Was the Euro-Plate covering your Ontario plate at all? If it was like in your sig, then yeah you might have a problem with that one.

Bart for sure! I'm just waiting for a Ottawa cop to pull me over and harass me about no front plate and my tint being too dark :) Sorry Mr. Officer I'm from Quebexico :)

Mr.535
08-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Yeah If he didn't take a decibal reading then the ticket is based on opinion and there is no evidence. I have court tomorrow for the same shit and thats what I'm saying. As for the plate thats really gay, it's not hurting anyone and it's not blocking your old one. What a dickhead!

Bartacus
08-09-2007, 12:19 PM
What I don't get is how cops can harass you for an exhaust that isn't even that loud, and ever Harley riding redneck in the world can rumble right on by without getting touched. Christ, those bikes shake your testicles like a ****ing martini with the noise + vibration, yet I've NEVER seen one get pulled over.

Bart

Boots R
08-09-2007, 12:34 PM
I don't think you guys get it.

Db reading is useless. It's subjective to whatever the cop deems "excessive noise". You can rev your engine too high on a STOCK car and get a noise ticket.

Just like window tint. The law is vague, and reads as follows:
Section 73, subsection 3:
Colour coating obscuring interior

(3) No person shall drive on a highway a motor vehicle on which the surface of the windshield or of any window to the direct left or right of the driver's seat has been coated with any coloured spray or other coloured or reflective material that substantially obscures the interior of the motor vehicle when viewed from outside the motor vehicle. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 73 (3).

That was also written on the ticket I received a few weeks ago, but in a simpler wording: "coloured coating obstructiong view of interior". Their argument is that they have been trained to detect what is too loud from a car, and what is too dark for window tint.

mikeski
08-12-2007, 11:30 PM
I would just say my tint is stock???