PDA

View Full Version : Ticket while racing?

PBalla
01-06-2003, 03:32 AM
I hear of all these races you guys pull and get up to mid 100s. Aren't you guys afraid of getting a ticket? or are you all so god awful rich that a $200 ticket is pocket change?

Cops are only thing stopping me from racing, anyone who challenges me, gets me.

Of course you could be going so fast that they wouldn't even attempt to hunt u down.

AMG_POWER
01-06-2003, 04:22 PM
no damn shiat cops are one thing stopping us all from racing! but still you have to know where to race and how to avoid cops and tickets!freaking cops*mumble*

also points are also somthing that you dont't wanna get, myself i've got 4 ptns 2ptns should expire this year or already did....have to check!*mumble*

M50E30
01-06-2003, 06:40 PM
Just don't get caught! :D

PBalla
01-06-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by M50E30
Just don't get caught! :D
check your pm damnit!

:cool:

mkgino
01-07-2003, 01:09 AM
I am terribly affraid of getting a ticket for racing. Remember that if your caught racing on the street its not a speeding ticket you get, its actually a dangerous driving ticket or something, and you could potentially lose your licence......*no-no*

Slowered318
01-08-2003, 06:01 AM
yeah the initial ticket might be low but points and insurance are gonna catch up to you.

A frirnd of mine got pintched street racing.. cost him about $2500 because he evaded the police, had illeagal mods to the car (it got impounded). he doesn't drive a fast car anymore let alone a car at all for 6 months.

pretty heavy stuff!

straight_6
01-08-2003, 03:16 PM
Everythings legal till your caught, that my saying.

Or just don't do it so you don't have to worry about getting caught.

niko_gt
01-08-2003, 03:28 PM
i understand the potential dangers of street racing on city streets with kids crossing and crazy old ppl runnin in the middle of the streets. but i dont think cops should hassle ppl for the industrial areas
just my 2 cents

M-ATTACK
01-08-2003, 03:41 PM
truthfully, i believe i lost all my points last weekend
im takin it to court

Bob Loblaw
01-08-2003, 04:31 PM
What happened, M-ATTACK?

FastM3
01-10-2003, 01:07 PM
im with mkgino this one...im scared of getting a racing ticket too, reallly scared...but i still do it...i must say that i do have a good sense with cops and such, and i only race downtown where there is no cars along the side and no people walking around...im not stupid when i race and i always check for people and cars around me first...

burnhard22
01-12-2003, 07:01 PM
Safety 1st!!
It's got to be at a controlled locale (well, somewhat controlled)
No kids, no poles, no cops, no problem.
Be smart in what YOU choose to do.*smoke* *angel* :D

Fast_Gal
01-13-2003, 04:52 AM
You guys are all wusses!!!! Your scared of a racing ticket!! HA that's nothing. The only time i ever got scared was when I was in a bike chase with about 4 cruisers that set up a road block. Now that scared the crap out of me, oh and also the part where a cop attempted to stick his stick in my back wheel to make the bike flip over and wipe out. Plus i wasn't wearing a helmet.......
Ahh the good old days!

KennyTheGreat
01-13-2003, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by Fast_Gal
You guys are all wusses!!!! Your scared of a racing ticket!! HA that's nothing. The only time i ever got scared was when I was in a bike chase with about 4 cruisers that set up a road block. Now that scared the crap out of me, oh and also the part where a cop attempted to stick his stick in my back wheel to make the bike flip over and wipe out. Plus i wasn't wearing a helmet.......
Ahh the good old days!

:eek: :eek: *smoke* *wave* *wiggle* *drink* *angel*

damn
no helmet and 4 cruisers, i'd never have the balls to do that yet. :O

wait wait, how did u get away eventually? :O

thinair
01-15-2003, 04:47 AM
I say there is a time and a place for everything, the hard part is being smart about it. Your wanna go a 200km/h run, go nuts, just don't do it at 3:30pm in front of an elementry school.

mkgino
01-15-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Fast_Gal
Ahh the good old days!

Haha, I dont believe you. Unless you got away, and with 4 crusiers chasing you I hardely believe you did. So what happened after you got caught?

GladdoM3
01-15-2003, 11:32 AM
The only time really give it hard in a race is late @ night on the highway ...or i gunn it in the area i live in. Whoevers been to my loft will know what i am talking about. Tonnes of industrial around me to go racing, powerslides, donuts.......whatever happy time you want to have in a car !

4life
02-11-2003, 03:31 AM
So Fast_Gal, were the cops driving beside you with their billy bats hanging out the window trying to stick it in your wheels, I think it would have been easier for them to shoot out the bike tire or you if that what they were trying to do.

I got caught last summer doing only 175 on the Gardener in the 90 zone. The cop didnt charge me with dangerous driving becasue I stayed in one lane and wasnt endangering other drivers. Instead I got charged with careless driving. By the time all was said and done, I paid $550 to X-Copper, 6 point down to 4 points and 450 for the fine!

I also have a career where I travel from customer to customer for a living, so if I was to loose my licence, even for a month I could say by by to my career and everything it has got me.

Bottom line, I love to street race but I am scared as hell about getting caught by the police!

tlaselva
02-13-2003, 02:05 AM
Get caught street racing, and you’re in a world of hurt.

In today's climate and attitude towards street racing, police are less inclined to go easy. If a cop that is having a bad day catches you, it's going to cost you thousands in fines, and insurance premium increases, not to mention loss of your license. I won't even get into the ramifications if something goes wrong. Remember, you may be cautious, but many times, you don't know the other driver. Is he intoxicated, under the influence, or just a psychopath, or just a shitty driver in a shitty car? Do you want someone like that racing you at 150 kph in his car, 3 feet away from you? *no-no*
IMO, it's not worth it. Save it for the track. That's why some of us are planning a Cayuga trip this spring. :cool:

Alezone
02-13-2003, 06:32 AM
Why street race here? all straight roads and 90degree corners... Pointless... I hate driving here...

slay2k
02-25-2003, 12:02 AM
All of you are missing the point.

Cops shouldn't be your main concern... the only reason cops are THERE on the highways is for other people's safety.

Other people's lives should your primary concern. How would you feel if, while racing a Supra, both doing 100mph, a minivan with an unaware mom & kids made a lane change into you... there's already been plenty of stories like this.

Stop being stupid and irresponsible. Highways aren't for racing... tracks are. And if you insist on doing it, use some god damn common sense and keep the speeds lower. You don't need to go up to 120mph to show the other driver your car is faster. You can easily do so from 50-80.

So, in the end, cops are there not to give you tickets or piss you off, they're there to make sure the majority of the population doesn't get killed cause of a few people in fast cars.

FastM3
02-25-2003, 08:14 PM
ya you guys are all right that metioned where and how to do it...if you wanna race do it late at night, dead places, open area to see where cops and everyone is...like i said before, i race all the time and im scared as hell to get a ticket especially since its my dad's bmw and not all mine but i still watch out where cars are...one time this past summer i raced a 2002 hyundai tiburon 180hp 13 TIMES STRAIGHT, light to light...but after each stop i studyed the area closely seen the side walks and everything, it's not that hard to see cops...

Shotta
02-27-2003, 06:25 PM
my friend got pulled over for racing in woodbridge, he had just finshed smokin a sunfire gt and after the race he went around this little corner to turn around and what does he see?? lol a popo coming at him, he was VERY lucky though cuz the cop didnt actually see the race, he was patrolling the rd, he knew that my friend was racing though, it was pretty obvious, there were like 20 cars parked on both sides of the rd

Cosmic 325i
03-02-2003, 10:51 PM
im scared as hell to race...just the other day some civic tried to race me... he pulled off pretty quick but i jus let him pass...good thing i did cuz there was a cop up the street..i would have been booked! Plus...i have nothing to prove to a little civic!!!

sonic07
03-08-2003, 05:54 PM
i know what you mean. i was on erin mills the other day and i wasn't even racing just feeling good driving fast by my self and as i got to third gear at 130 km/hr there 3 cruisers in front of the meadowvale ford dealer in the middle island .... scared the s..it out of me and thank god the tripod was actually facing the other directions... feeuhhhh ....

Polish
03-08-2003, 11:05 PM
yeah good thing ive never gone over the speed limit or race anyone cause damn, if you get caught your done, 2x over the limit and your spending the night in the slammer :D