PDA

View Full Version : I found a E30 M3 (238hp) for 13000CAD

bmw335
01-06-2003, 01:04 AM
http://www.lespac.com/cgi-bin/pac.cgi?c=26&d=0&lid=2615&nut=79v39inl3s6p4r2lj76pm&pac_a=o%7cr&pac_r=bmw&t=1&v=4&x=-26388%7c11&y=16332%7c15&p=2

ROB89M3
01-06-2003, 01:09 AM
Hmmmmm ? :confused:

That's an awefully low price for a 2.5 M3 with nice wheels lower splitter etc etc. I think there is something not right ,but who really knows unless they go see the car.

Excellent buy nonetheless,go get it now.

Mudguts
01-07-2003, 01:02 AM
Buyer beware... get it checked over by a BMW dealer to make sure it hasn't been wrecked!!!

Maybe they are asking USD - even still, 2.5's usually command $ 15K plus if they are in good shape...

Good luck,
MG

ROB89M3
01-07-2003, 01:06 AM
OH, It's a Quebec car ! Stay away !
Quebec cars are literally chopped up and welded back together !!
Some Quebec cars' suspensions are destroyed as well cuz of the really bad roads they have,bent suspensions etc etc. Plus they have no laws to govern rolled back mileage.....

I work fro a dealer so I hear alot of horror stories.

Lil'Smoothie
01-07-2003, 01:17 AM
At least check it out man, thats a grgeat deal and it looks dope.

Rob not all cars from Quebec have the mileage rolled back and have been in accidents thats just a myth. I know in the past alot of cars from Quebec have had shaddy historys but when ppl plan on selling these cars they usually brbing them down here to sell.

It's not too hard to find if the car has been wrecked or if the frame is bent, just make a thorough inspection maybe with a liscenced mechanic. For 13 g's you cant go wrong if the car is in good shape.

Also remember that E30 M3's go for alot cheaper everywhere but in Ontario I've noticed. In the states, out west in Canada, in the UK everywhere but here!
I was gonna fly down to Winnipeg last summer (dad works for air canada and gets cheap flights) to check one out but the basturds sold it before I got a chance......it had tons done to it, looked very solid, the had allt he history and low k's for like 9 grand OBO

ROB89M3
01-07-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Lil'Smoothie
At least check it out man, thats a grgeat deal and it looks dope.

Rob not all cars from Quebec have the mileage rolled back and have been in accidents thats just a myth. I know in the past alot of cars from Quebec have had shaddy historys but when ppl plan on selling these cars they usually brbing them down here to sell.

It's not too hard to find if the car has been wrecked or if the frame is bent, just make a thorough inspection maybe with a liscenced mechanic. For 13 g's you cant go wrong if the car is in good shape.

Also remember that E30 M3's go for alot cheaper everywhere but in Ontario I've noticed. In the states, out west in Canada, in the UK everywhere but here!
I was gonna fly down to Winnipeg last summer (dad works for air canada and gets cheap flights) to check one out but the basturds sold it before I got a chance......it had tons done to it, looked very solid, the had allt he history and low k's for like 9 grand OBO

Kevin,they sell them cheaper everywhere else in Canada because it's harder to sell in a small city such as winnipeg.If you go to a big city like Vancouver or Montreal,they are much more expensive.
I would never buy a car from Quebec,that's just me....

best e30 m3' are from the southern U.S. Like California,texas,Arizona,Florida etc etc

Lil'Smoothie
01-07-2003, 01:35 AM
Yah Rob I understand what you mean, my dad used to own a garage/dealership sp I know all about it.....

In scotland like almost all cars have had the speedo's tampered with, its like normal to roll em back there and normal to assume ur buying a car with way more K's than it reads. What I don't understand is why some of the companies are still reluctant to impose cars with electronic speedos (alot harder, near impossible to roll back without causing damage to the computer and its also detectable).

Anyways back to this topic, let us know how the car checks out *th-up*

phaust
01-07-2003, 07:13 PM
bmw335 : hi dude, im from quebec too, i saw the m3 for sale on lespac.com too. a friend of mine will check it out this week.

he's one of the best in quebec to know all about bmw.. he will tell me if it's a good one or not. where you live in quebec?

ROB89M3 : damn your totally wrong. it's just a myth. i live here and bought like 4 cars for me. never got wrong. maybe you have a face that people will pass you junk! hehe *wiggle*

anyway. you talk about chopped car.. these are on the border line of US and canada. i mean. LACOLLE, BEAUCE, place like that. they buy a VGA car from states, rebuild it in canada, and sale them. you will have the same asshole in ontario too.

yes our road are very bad. but who care about the suspension if you can have the car for 3k less. you just buy some new bushing, coils and for the speedo rollback.. montreal is the worst place for that. i bought my bmw there, and the speedo was tempered. damn montrealers.

ROB89M3
01-07-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by phaust

ROB89M3 : damn your totally wrong. it's just a myth. i live here and bought like 4 cars for me. never got wrong. maybe you have a face that people will pass you junk! hehe *wiggle*

Duh..you live in Quebec,of course you wont hear it....
I hear all kinds of stories coming from Quebec...
Don't try and defend,because it's true....

*no-no*

Bob Loblaw
01-07-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
Duh..you live in Quebec,of course you wont hear it....
I hear all kinds of stories coming from Quebec...
Don't try and defend,because it's true....

*no-no*

You're funny! So if I understand what you're saying, if someone lives in Québec, it automatically means that they have no idea what's going on in their own province. Hmmm! Weird logic.

I've lived in Québec all my life, all my cars except the Bimmer are from Québec and I have no qualms buying here again. But then again, I probably don't know what I'm talking about since I'm in Québec.... :)

ROB89M3
01-07-2003, 08:08 PM
I Said not all cars ,but some that come from Quebec are mangled,rolled back...etc etc...Get it? Got it? GOOD.:P

ALOT HAVE SUSPENSION DAMAGE AS WELL...BECAUSE OF BAD ROADS.

Bob Loblaw
01-07-2003, 08:21 PM
I Said not all cars ,but some that come from Quebec are mangled,rolled back...etc etc...Get it? Got it? GOOD.:P

ALOT HAVE SUSPENSION DAMAGE AS WELL...BECAUSE OF BAD ROADS.

Actually, what you said is "Quebec cars are literally chopped up and welded back together !!" I don't see the word "some" in there. All I see is a sweeping generalisation. But I got it. I GOT IT. :P

The Sly
01-07-2003, 08:38 PM
Montreal is the city in CANDA to buy "Boxes"

I had a so so friend in Montreal and he told me so many stories...

I could of got a very beatiful vehicule...but I could not live with the idea of having a Stolen vehicule with other vin's...

Some people I know "no friends"...in the Ottawa region do this as a living....making boxes and then they sell them....

Bob Loblaw
01-07-2003, 08:42 PM
Boxes??? What do you mean?

notjoe
01-07-2003, 08:57 PM
Umm, i got to that URL and see

"Description : BMW 318i 1992, 166 000 km, 4 portes, manuelle, toit ouvrant et vitres électriques, pneus à clous neufs, couleur midnight blue, excellente condition, 8900$ "

Bob Loblaw
01-07-2003, 09:02 PM
Studded tires??

By the way, Rob, I just wanted to tell you that I was just playing with you... :) I know what you mean.

The Sly
01-07-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by The Sly
Montreal is the city in CANDA to buy "Boxes"

I had a so so friend in Montreal and he told me so many stories...

I could of got a very beatiful vehicule...but I could not live with the idea of having a Stolen vehicule with other vin's...

Some people I know "no friends"...in the Ottawa region do this as a living....making boxes and then they sell them....

A "box" is car made out of other cars and serial numbers
They call it a "Boite" in french....

sebastrance
01-08-2003, 03:52 AM
Hi guys, just a question, how do you know if the speed has been rolled down ? I don't know if mine shows the real K's

Thanks

sebastrance
01-08-2003, 03:55 AM
Hi guys, How do you know if the speedo has been rolled down, I don't know if mine shows the real K's ...

Thanks

Harry
01-08-2003, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by sebastrance
Hi guys, How do you know if the speedo has been rolled down, I don't know if mine shows the real K's ...

Thanks

u generally dont, thats why they do it.

u can run a carfax sometimes to know the truth.

sebastrance
01-08-2003, 04:06 AM
MMM, ok, thank you.

Indecisive
01-08-2003, 02:48 PM
If you go to a big city like Vancouver or Montreal,they are much more expensive.

best e30 m3' are from the southern U.S. Like California,texas,Arizona,Florida etc etc

I've actually only seen one E30 M3 here in vancouver. I"ve been looking for a while and can't find any here. only in like So Cal and eastern canada

phaust
01-08-2003, 04:15 PM
ROB: i need to argue about cars in quebec. i live here. say what you want, but stories are stories.. we have a lot of stories about toronto too. it's like the stories of a girls, with peanut butter on her snatch. when they open the light. the dog was licking her.. you know.. some are urban stories.. some are true. it's everywhere like this. anyway.

for the interested. this is the cut and paste of the asshole who sale the m3 e30 in quebec.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

C'est une voiture qui coûte extremement cher d'entretien, les pièces ne sont
pas disponible dans les cours à scrap.
Je recherche plus un professionnel de la santé qui aura le moyen de payer
les pièces, les pièces sur cette voiture sont 3 fois plus cher qu'une BMW
standard.
Ceci dit regarder plutôt pour une voiture moins luxueuse.
-Jean Fraser
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

in english. the person don't want to sale to anybody expect a doctor because it's expensive to own! wow. what a loooser
i own a 200k house, a e36 325, but im unable to repair a tire on a e30 m3? he's a idiot. *wiggle*

ROB89M3
01-08-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by phaust
ROB: i need to argue about cars in quebec. i live here. say what you want, but stories are stories.. we have a lot of stories about toronto too. it's like the stories of a girls, with peanut butter on her snatch. when they open the light. the dog was licking her.. you know.. some are urban stories.. some are true. it's everywhere like this. anyway.

really? c'mon now...

How come we don't hear stories like this from other provinces in Canada,only Quebec? :confused:

Face it,there is no laws in Quebec,preventing rolling back kilometers.:confused:There is no way of keeping a history of the car....correct me if I'm wrong.

daytona
01-08-2003, 04:30 PM
that has "mint" condition cars,majority of them from Quebec and the strange thing is that almost all of them has the odometer reading around 110000km..:confused: I dont mean a few cars but aleast 20 cars has that reading give or take couple hundred km.From 1996 to 2002 the odometer has the basic milage...%95 of cars from Quebec is clean but buyer beware,if you do not do the research when buying you bloody deserve to be cheated...

daytona
01-08-2003, 04:32 PM
That BMW e30 M3 could be the deal of the year or it could be the most "cut and fry" M3 out there...

The Sly
01-08-2003, 08:30 PM
really? c'mon now...

How come we don't hear stories like this from other provinces in Canada,only Quebec? :confused:

Face it,there is no laws in Quebec,preventing rolling back kilometers.:confused:There is no way of keeping a history of the car....correct me if I'm wrong.

Actually now you have to get the proper mileage when you do a transaction for a vehiculein the province of Quebec.

THis should help a bit..

But what i could never understand is if a vehicule has been in the province of Quebec all of it's life, you do not need a safety check when it changes ownership.

So a car could of been owned by 50 different guys in the last 20 years and it would of never been checked.

But if a vehicule is purchased from a out of province, then watch out....
One burnt lightbulb and it does not pass Quebec Safety.
if the front lights are not aimed properly, same goes etc....

But again you could buy a crooked safety in Ontario for peanuts.

phaust
01-08-2003, 08:50 PM
bob: for the laws in quebec. i don't know and i don't care *smoke*

gsbadbmr
01-09-2003, 01:10 AM
Well, i don't really know where to start here. Yes, Quebec is notorious for "boxing" cars, also for welding fron ends to back ends ...... however, there are still honest people around. If your BMW mechanic knows anything at all about BMW's, he will be able to know if the car is a "good" buy or not. I live in montreal and i don't think that there are any 1987 e30's in the condition that mine is in, plain & simple. I bought my car from an old man who was the original owner of the car, who had EVERY SINGLE INVOICE for EVERY BIT work that was done ALL IN ORDER OF DATE. From every oil change to every single little light bulb, i know exactly what's been done to my car since 1987.

Generally speaking you have to watch what you buy in Montreal. I know tons of people that make a living doing business with cars (if you know what i mean). I'm not surprised that we are the CAPITAL CAR THEFT OF CANADA.

And inspections are easily bypassed ($$$$$$).................

mikee30
01-11-2003, 04:59 PM
I've been looking for M3's and IS'es in Ontario and Quebec for quite some time, and one thing is for sure, Montreal is cheaper, but Ontario has nicer cars. Ideally, it would be cheaper to find the perfect car in Montreal since they command less over here.
In anycase, this argument will go on forever.

Anyone know of a 325IS for sale!!!!
Can't find a nice one damn.

e30@sympatico.ca
*wiggle*

mikee30
01-15-2003, 12:06 AM
Yes the car is sold. The "Guy" is a moron....I spoke to him...and I don't know what to say...but he is really a fu**in loser.

The BMW is lucky to have left him. The car deserves better

Bob Loblaw
01-15-2003, 12:11 AM
What happened, Mike?

The Sly
01-15-2003, 12:17 AM
Hey Mike what about the E30 convertible in Montreal with the nice front Mtech spoiler...
It looks pretty good....Have you seen it ?

mikee30
01-15-2003, 12:38 AM
I've seen a red, fully loaded 325Cab, with Mtech, but it's automatic, and the owner is asking 16000$CDN??

Pretty pricey if you ask me!

mikee30
01-15-2003, 12:43 AM
I emailed the guy with a few questions about car's history, and asked if I could come see it. Knowing from others that he was a tight ass, I mentioned that I wasn't going to test drive his car, and was more concerned to see the condition ect... I told him I wasn't there to waste time and I was serious.

I get an email back from him, telling me that I am "cave" or stupid in english for even asking about the car history, and that the car is sold. He continues to insult me, but whatever....

In any case, the guys is dumb. He told some others that only doctors can afford the car?? Someone should inform him that most successful business men make more than doctors....and by todays standards, many many many people can afford a 14000$ car!

Whatever....this is a no point post.

The search for a 325is continues....

The Sly
01-15-2003, 12:50 AM
Mike check this:

http://www.occasion.ca/ao/result/affich.asp?sid=79HGHSL4349741&rubno=4000&pa=2&pr=1

mikee30
01-15-2003, 12:53 AM
Yeah I've seen that one too. It's been for sale for awhile. But it's automatic!

Sly -did you ever see the convertible converted to M3 (M3 engine and flares etc...) The guy was asking 10000$ about 2 months ago. That was a mistake not buying....

Bob Loblaw
01-15-2003, 10:56 AM
Mike, you probably know these, but I'll post 'em anyways, just in case...

Canada Trader (http://www.canadatrader.com/trader/default.asp)

AutoTrader (Ontario) (http://www.trader.ca/search/searchmenu.asp?categoryid=1&CAT=1)

AutoTrader (Hebdo-Québec) (http://hebdo.net/)

Les Petites Annonces Classées (http://www.lespac.com/cgi-bin/pac.cgi?lid=2615&nut=irq32iul3s6p4r2lj76pu&t=1&x=-26388%7c11&y=16332%7c15&c=26&v=3)

Les Hebdos Transcontinental (Québec) (http://www.leshebdos.com/) Click on "Annonces classées" or look at the different publications and click on "Annonces classées". Not as search-friendly, but you may find something in there.

Classées Extra (http://www.classeesextra.ca/)

Annonces Classées à Montréal (http://www.acam.qc.ca/cgi-bin/chaud/annonces.cgi?session_key=&display_subcategories=on&category=V%E9hicules)

Cyberpresse (http://cyberpresse.alliance-web.net/)

And, as The Sly suggested,

Occasion.ca (http://www.occasion.ca/)

Amuse-toi! :)

The Sly
01-15-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by mikee30

Sly -did you ever see the convertible converted to M3 (M3 engine and flares etc...) The guy was asking 10000$ about 2 months ago. That was a mistake not buying....

yes I have seen it ....It was nice ....All mods alone probably cost an arm and a leg.

mikee30
01-16-2003, 01:17 AM
Do you know if it sold?

I have an idea....why don't you take all the extra's you put in you BM, and put it in the project car and sell my your black IS?
Good idea no?

:D *wiggle*

The Sly
01-16-2003, 07:31 PM
Oh man what an idea...I come i could never think of it....

I will have to think about it ...for a Loooooong Time....

danbean123
01-19-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by mikee30

When I was shopping for my car this summer, I went to see a E30 convertible with a M3 engine and bodykit (yes it was widebody), the car was on hebdo.net and he didnt say any price, he wanted me to do him an offer. Did you guys saw that one ?
I have to say that it was a really nice car !
I was just wondering if someone else went to see it !

BTW: rob this car had ontario plates and it was in montreal

mikee30
01-19-2003, 11:30 PM
Does anyone have the seller's info?
How did the car look in person? Did it need a lot of work?

Mike
**Still looking for IS