PDA

View Full Version : Clay bar - The first markham place

summit425
07-30-2007, 05:16 AM
Got a clay bar today from the first markham place

cost me $16.99 and it is bigger than the clar bar set from CT.

They had 2 kinds (one for the bright color car // others for dark color car)

It works great with water so basically you wash your car and before you dry your car after wash.

don't put too much water otherwise it will just slip.

I don't know it is your job to find out how to use this product.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5162/dsc04149wj9.jpg

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/9907/dsc04150kd5.jpg

mirek
07-30-2007, 06:56 PM
How do you use it?

VSanj
07-30-2007, 08:13 PM
^^My guess, with chopsticks........lol

Nascar318is
07-31-2007, 03:38 PM
What says it's a clay bar lol

jameswbl
08-01-2007, 08:18 PM
which store at 1st markham place??? cash no tax?

I am interested in getting one too...I think the CT one is a rip off...

summit425
08-02-2007, 03:05 PM
it is right across Rogers Cell phone..

they charge u tax.

HoldenC
08-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Personally, I wouldn't let that touch my 330, never mind use it on a customer car.

vadim321go
08-02-2007, 09:42 PM

thats wrong my friend, never do claybar over a dry surface. get some detail spray and do it with that

basically spray an area and then claybar over it...do section by secion. should take u a good hour at least

summit425
08-03-2007, 03:22 AM

thats wrong my friend, never do claybar over a dry surface. get some detail spray and do it with that

basically spray an area and then claybar over it...do section by secion. should take u a good hour at least

tried with small amount of detail spray.

result: also just slip

I am not sure other clar bar since this is my first use.

anyway I love it.

greekthang
08-04-2007, 03:01 AM
use it when you finished washing your car with soap and sponge. Then use the clay bar and do the whole car with it with the soap on the rinse. Turns out incredible !!!

Jon@Bimmersport
08-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Big G is right, that method works good and leaves it soft as a baby's bottom..

as for the cash no tax comment, lmao..its like $2 difference..who cares.

HoldenC
08-05-2007, 05:50 AM
Detailing clay is an abrasive. Be careful or you'll damage your clear coat. Clay will only work with a lubricant and there's no such thing as too much lube.

Some detailers use soap as a lubricant. Some have success with this method. Nevertheless, soap dries. Since the proper use of detailing clay can take anywhere from 30-60 mins, I do not recommend that you use the method described above.

For future reference, water is NOT a lubricant.

Also, mods please move this thread to the Detailing Section.

summit425
08-15-2007, 08:33 AM
Also, mods please move this thread to the Detailing Section.

I left a feedback for the place where I bought my clay bar. This thread should be moved to detailing section.

mpower1226
08-19-2007, 03:58 PM
As said eariler, the proper way of using claybar is to use with lubricate. It is suppose to glide through the surface of the car. If it is not used with enough lubricant and start grabbing the surface, it will scratch the paint.

The claybar is suppose to be used inbetween soap and rinse.

Vicman17
08-22-2007, 04:42 AM
The best way to use claybar is to have a fresh bucket of soapy water (car wash soap). NOT the water left over after you wash since this will be full of all the dirt you just washed off the car. The safest method is Wash, Clay then Wash again.

On modern finishes, you are actually claying the clearcoat part only so no worries about it affecting the paint. If the claybar turns to the color of your car, then you have no clearcoat at all.

Also, remember that once you clay the finish, you devoid it of any protection so all the waxes and sealant that you previously applied will be pulled off by the clay.

tlaselva
08-22-2007, 09:27 AM
The best way to use claybar is to have a fresh bucket of soapy water (car wash soap). NOT the water left over after you wash since this will be full of all the dirt you just washed off the car. The safest method is Wash, Clay then Wash again.

On modern finishes, you are actually claying the clearcoat part only so no worries about it affecting the paint. If the claybar turns to the color of your car, then you have no clearcoat at all.

Also, remember that once you clay the finish, you devoid it of any protection so all the waxes and sealant that you previously applied will be pulled off by the clay.

Finally someone that that won't destroy his finish on his car with a clay bar.