PDA

View Full Version : once again disappointed...

330DTM
02-07-2002, 12:28 AM
Alright, so I arrive at Town & Country BMW tonight after some 3 weeks since I left the car there. Anyhow, after doing all the paper work, I get into the car and turn it on. All of a sudden I noticed that the high beam DRL's did not turn on. Then i though, wOO HOO they made my car like the U.S. setup. After that, i turned on the low beams and guess what? No low beams on. No highbeams on when i turned them on too. No fog lights on either. Only the front parking lights. Geez, i was ticked off here.
I left my car at TC BMW for 3 weeks, they fix the jammed ignition problem, and replaced the pads and rotors, and replaced a bent rear shock and took it for a test drive also to do an overall check. And the technician/mechanic's didn't even bother to check out the headlamps? SHEESH.

I ended up driving the curtiousy car back home and they said they're going to call me tomorrow. I hope I don't have to wait ANOTHER WEEK again! ARGHHH. Poor service :mad: :mad:

Gamite
02-07-2002, 12:31 AM
I guess its kinda late now, but I heard TC had the worst service, but the best sales..

330DTM
02-07-2002, 12:37 AM
I think i dealt with a young man named Mark. I think he's the service department manager?

But tonight, a young man named Daniel helped us out, but said that the headlamps could not be fixed up b/c Mark is in charge of the work on our car (or something like that).

Hmm, that week when i took the car in, i saw a young teenager like my age working there part-time.

Grr, I can't believe that they've forgotten to do an overall check. I remember many years ago when we had our E28 535i, they left a screw driver on the engine bay LOL... i popped the hood open one day and found a flat-head screw driving just sitting there. hehe it's mine now!

Gamite
02-07-2002, 01:38 AM
Lol, free bmw tools.

Phantom
02-07-2002, 10:51 AM
Service at BMW dealerships has been an issue for as long as I remember. These people treat you like a King/Queen when you show an interest in purchasing a vehicle. However once the papers are signed, we're pretty much on our own. I wrote a long letter to BMW Mississauga about 2 years ago complaining about their slipshod customer service. It was brushed aside.
I had gone in a week earlier to enquire about the availability of a centre console for my car. The blonde overmadeup receptionist was on the phone when I walked in. There was no one at the parts counter so I waited patiently at blondies desk for her to complete her phone call.

5 minutes later, I was still standing there and blondie hadn't even acknowledged I existed. So I decided to use the old 'excuse me' approach to which she replies "Yes? What do you want?" I explained my mission(after recovering from shock) to which she replied. "Parts are on break" and promptly returned to her phone call which from her language use, was personal. I walked around to the service dept., but they were of no help. The lone sales person I ran into told me "parts is not my department".

I was already late for a meeting so I had to leave. Being the stubborn person I am, I returned about 2 weeks later and casually announced I wanted to buy a 7 series for my wifes birthday. In true to form bum licking style, consistent with low lifes, I was practically swarmed by 2 very salesy types complete with wal-mart suits as well as blondie who was too dumb to recognize me. This was enough for a long letter to their customer service dept. which of course was ignored.

I've been told however that the dealership has been revamped in the last year and a half. Ha ! Right !!

mogie
02-07-2002, 06:33 PM
Being in the service industry my self this is the common thing that I hear about BMW service - unless you know someone typically ya get screwed. Mind you dealerships deals with hundreds of people monthly -so someone is bound to be pissed. But definately you should have been at least called about your car and the delay, remember whatever ya request is what they'll look at. But if it is a general vehicle inspection then shame shame on them. Too bad Beach Auto is no longer authourised to do work, they were supposdly the best.