PDA

View Full Version : newby here

AWD_Guy
07-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Hey Guys, thought I'd join this forum as I've been lurking for a while.

I own a 88 325ix, some other cars to, this ix is my winter car. I love it!

I haven't done much to it. It needed a lot of work when I bought it, including a gastank, starter, control arm bushings, handbrake, etc. Not bad when you have the tools and know how to DIY, but man was that gas tank $$$ *thmbsdwn*

The car drives really nice, and mostly everythign works...AC needs some love, and the front switches for the rear windows will only work to roll the windows down, I have to reach in the back to put them back up...heh, at least they can go up and down one way or another! lol

couple of questions:
-Does anybody sell a logstyle header for a trubo application for these cars? slowly looking into it...
-The car has been sitting since the end of winter, and I went to drive it the other day to get it moving but the brakes are making the wheel shake when you touch that brake pedal...so im guessing my rotors/pads are toast...which is a shame because the ex owner just did the brakes two years ago, Im guessing he used some less than stellar parts for it to rust up so quickly. How hard is it to do the brake son these cars? Anything special I need to know. If theyre anything like my 95 accord...ugh...I wont touch em.

andicanada
07-26-2007, 02:28 PM
hey i got a exhaust turbomanifold for you pm me
Bye Andre

BMW325BMW
07-26-2007, 11:51 PM
if you have a decent set of tools and a little DIY know how, you should be able to knock off the brakes in about 2 to 3 hours... i did front and back rotors and pads and the hardest part about the whole job was getting rid of the dirt from under my finger nails when I was all done.

supernaught
07-27-2007, 07:57 AM
for your windows, take the switches apart and clean the contacts with a file