PDA

View Full Version : Racing and getting a W every time

PBalla
01-05-2003, 05:04 AM
I haven't raced my car much, its fully stock and I hope to change that soon.

THere are two cars I want to race near me...

1 = Eagle Talon (96?) No mods. I don't think he has a turbo.

2 = Inegra (93) no power mods just stereo.

my car, full stock, is in the left bar my ride:...

THink I could take these? My chances are slim. My car could die any minute I've been running on one battery since it was bought.

Also. To win races, don't you all just start in one and gun it to redline, shift, redline then shift all the way to top speed?

or is there some strategy to this? someone said that a rolling start is bettre for your car? and something about shifting low and high on take off (rpm-wise?) how does that work?

Thanks in advance!

Spartiatis
01-05-2003, 05:14 AM
You will rip them both.

Jon@Bimmersport
01-05-2003, 06:38 AM
that talon will kill u off the line if its AWD..is yours an E? you might be able to pull on him but he will have the high end..what model is the teg?

moerom
01-05-2003, 06:51 AM
In RWD cars, rolling starts are always a tad slower than holeshots because when you are still and then gun it, there is alot of weight transfer to the rear driven wheels which equals traction.

If you notice in magazines, 0-60 mph times are faster than 5-60 mph times with the same car.

Just dont miss a gear and you should take them both.

E30 Stu
01-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by moerom
In RWD cars, rolling starts are always a tad slower than holeshots because when you are still and then gun it, there is alot of weight transfer to the rear driven wheels which equals traction.

If you notice in magazines, 0-60 mph times are faster than 5-60 mph times with the same car.

Just dont miss a gear and you should take them both.

0-60 times are faster than 5-60 because they don't launch them, they just roll at 5mph (1000rpm or so) and stick it. I thought they did this to show how well the car would pull down low :confused:

Pharshballaa- Is your car an automatic, when you say "start in one and gun it.." it sounds out to be an auto. You might be able to take them, give it a shot, but be careful.

Lil'Smoothie
01-05-2003, 02:01 PM
If you have 'i' and a 5spd you'll take em both. Spartiatis jacked an newer (96?) AWD turbo talon off the line and I've jacked soo many integras with just muffler/intake its not funny

RaFBM325e
01-05-2003, 02:42 PM
haha that integra will be a joke if it all stock.

talon depending on what kind is different.

BMW BMXer
01-05-2003, 05:13 PM
if its an e have fun

Ive bounced of the fuel cut off racing ppl so many times

PBalla
01-05-2003, 06:43 PM
No, look at my ride, simple 325.

THe guy with integra has like a huge freaking sub in back too.

Yes, manual. With my car, apparently your not supposed to drive in 1, its only supposed to get you going (I redline at 4500RPM btw). ALways be driving in 2. I don't know if thats true for newer cars or not, anyone know?

What does I/E indicate again?

Integra = auto
Talon = manual

of course there are two customized M3s near me and a racing Dodge Viper I could take a shot at :D

BMW BMXer
01-05-2003, 09:54 PM
u have the same motor as me the 2.7l 6 cyl eta 4500rpm redline

man im all about 1st gear lol

///M3Boy28
01-06-2003, 12:36 AM
is the eagle talon the tsi model, cause those are quick. U might have problems with him cause my freind has one and he rapes alot of cars. Also, the integra u can kill, but if you guys are doing it from a stop, make sure you don't drop the clutch to high of rpms, cause then u will spin to much and mess up your start. Also switch just a bit before redline, not on the redline. Now, if u don't feel like ruining your clutch then doin a rolling start. I usually do mine in 2nd gear at like 20 for a rolling start cause 2nd is my powerful gear in my 97 m3 for some reason, well my first is too but i like second. ANyways, if u shift quick you should do fine. *th-up*