PDA

View Full Version : First post- '04 325i prem/sport pkg

Neb
07-24-2007, 10:57 AM
hello everybody,

this is my first post, will be picking up a CPO '04 325i prem/sport this weekend. The car was on the highway alot, with tons of stone chips on the hood. I got the dealer to repaint the hood, but both headlights have alot of pitting and haze to them. Does anyone know if the headlight lens could be detailed or polished? and if I was to replace them could I just order the lens themselves instead of the whole headlight assembly?

Thanks,

StikiGreenZ
07-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Not sure... Welcome to MAX!

Karim@Corner73
07-29-2007, 05:53 PM
hello everybody,

this is my first post, will be picking up a CPO '04 325i prem/sport this weekend. The car was on the highway alot, with tons of stone chips on the hood. I got the dealer to repaint the hood, but both headlights have alot of pitting and haze to them. Does anyone know if the headlight lens could be detailed or polished? and if I was to replace them could I just order the lens themselves instead of the whole headlight assembly?

Thanks,

Hello,

Welcome to the board.

The headlight lenses can be polished with one of those headlight polishing kits sold at Canadian Tire.

If you want to replace them, you can just change the lens. You'll also need new gaskets. It will run you close to $100 per side.

While you're at it, you might want to install angel eyes or upgrade to projector and/or xenon lights.

Lots of possibilities *th-up*

Karim.

330ci05
07-29-2007, 08:08 PM
don't they come wiht xenon lights?

Neb
07-30-2007, 08:14 AM
The car already has xenon. :) I think I'll give polishing a try first. Been reading online, anyone try using 800 grit sandpaper, 1000grit, 2000 grit, then plastic polish? I might give it a try to see if I can get some of the small indentations out.

Dealer quoted 179 / side for the lens.... ouch..

Karim@Corner73
07-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Dealer quoted 179 / side for the lens.... ouch..

I should be able to get it for cheaper. I got a quote for someone last week. $82 per lens but that was for a sedan.