PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for e30 M3(1990)

sicilianace
07-23-2007, 05:38 PM
Guys, i've always admired the e30 m3.........just last week i notice this charcoal gray e30 m3 in Woodbridge(Islington& MajorMac).....actually the name of the street is Sunset Ridge....it's up for sale.......anyone interested!!!!!!!!!!
Selling privately.......looks mint...

Quack
07-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Anthony it would be hard for you to help him sell this when you don't have any info on this car, mileage, interior colour, rust & most importantly, the price.

BmW1819
07-23-2007, 06:16 PM
lol ihes just letting people no that there is a m3 lol not to many for sale that are mint i would suggest someone goes there and looks at it can't go wrong with a e30 m3 :)

Quack
07-23-2007, 07:09 PM
yeah you can go wrong, when everyone thinks their E30 M3 is worth $15,000-20,000, that's why I asked the questions that I did, why would anyone consider buying a car or even go see it without the usual info like mileage & price.

T.Dot_E30
07-23-2007, 07:16 PM
, why would anyone consider buying a car or even go see it without the usual info like mileage & price.

sometimes you get lucky and find better deals where u least expect it.

BmW1819
07-23-2007, 07:26 PM
you got it trev i don't like to be this way i jsut think it's nice to tell that there is a e30 m3 for sale and if you are intresred go have a look for yourself :) and might save some big $$

Quack
07-23-2007, 07:40 PM
sometimes you get lucky and find better deals where u least expect it.

we don't know if it's a better deal, like I said, no price or mileage, when you see a ad in autotrader & there isn't a price nor mileage & it's located in Ajax, would you drive all the way out there to take a look & then realize he's asking $10,000 more than the normal going rate & has twice as much mileage, if this info was posted people won't even bother, basically you are wasting peoples time.

Trev I know you are looking for a car, if I told you I have a 95 model & didn't tell you mileage, price, colour would you come and take a look, or would you want to know that info first?

dtthiaga
07-23-2007, 08:30 PM
But, this is a e30 M3, is not a common car as say the 325i in the trader.

It's also local. For someone looking for this fairly rare car, the information is very valuable.

Right now for E30 M3's, there are:
2.5 in Ontario - (autotrader.ca) (2 really, as one has a 99 engine),
2 in Rest of Canada
3 on Ebay.
0 in the autotrader.com (US, national)

Right now for E30 325i there are:
11 in Ontario (autotrader.ca)
21 in Rest of Canada (autotrader.ca)
23 on Ebay

If I was looking for a 69 Charger, and someone pointed out there was a mint one in Toronto for sale, I'd drive by to see if I was interested. It's a rare car.

Quack
07-23-2007, 08:39 PM
you can't compare a Charger to a E30 M3, and the reason why I asked all those questions is because that info really matters, I was looking at buying a E30 M3, there was one 2 blocks away from my work, when I found out the price I walked away, if I knew the price before I wouldn't have bother going there, even though it was 2 blocks away, the asking price was $23,000. you guys need to know more about buying used E30 M3's, I know a bunch of them, half of them don't even have S14 motors anymore, or have been smashed & repaired, so when anyone is going to buy a E30 M3 they would want all the info, here's one for example http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92837

dtthiaga
07-23-2007, 08:58 PM
You miss the complete point.

I'm not comparing Charger to E30 M3. I pointed out, that there are few e30 M3 cars that are for sale (look at the numbers), and this one being in Toronto, it may be worth the drive to someone. Useful post, for a rare car, just like the Charger..

If anything, even if it's a POS, it's worth the experience of looking at it, and seeing what not to buy. If you loved cars, and were looking for a E30 M3, you would have appreciated the information.

Don't assume you're the only person who knows how to buy an E30 M3.

If I was looking for e30 M3, I'd take the time to look at it, especially if it's local (less than 100KM). Perhaps that just me. :)

T.Dot_E30
07-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Trev I know you are looking for a car, if I told you I have a 95 model & didn't tell you mileage, price, colour would you come and take a look, or would you want to know that info first?

If you told me it was a 95 m3 i would go look at it right now.
Because 95 is the only year of the obd1 s50, shorter ratio steering rack, non-digital climate control etc.

No 95s currently on the autotrader
so if i was lookin for a 95 then yes i would go check it out.

I may not buy it, it may be over-priced, but atleast now i know.

Quack
07-23-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm not missing the point, I know what you are trying to say, but if someone is looking for a rare car they wouldn't be just looking at autotrader & ebay, there are alot more E30 M3's for sale right here in Ontario than the ones you posted, but what you guys are telling me is that because the car is rare & is hard to come by & guys would go ahead & buy it without even know the mileage or price, even wealthy people check prices before they buy why wouldn't I. It doesn't matter how rare it is or even if there is only 1 in Canada, if the car is out of my budget I wouldn't even bother, that's why I'm asking about the price.

Quack
07-23-2007, 09:13 PM
If you told me it was a 95 m3 i would go look at it right now.
Because 95 is the only year of the obd1 s50, shorter ratio steering rack, non-digital climate control etc.

No 95s currently on the autotrader
so if i was lookin for a 95 then yes i would go check it out.

I may not buy it, it may be over-priced, but atleast now i know.

so you would drive all the way out there to take a look instead of picking up a phone and asking the price? so even if you knew it was way overpriced you would still drive out there?

all I wanted to know was the price & mileage & all you guys are giving me a hard time, don't you guys look at prices before you buy things? no wonder all you guys get ripped-off:D

T.Dot_E30
07-23-2007, 09:15 PM
so you would drive all the way out there to take a look instead of picking up a phone and asking the price? so even if you knew it was way overpriced you would still drive out there?

all I wanted to know was the price & mileage & all you guys are giving me a hard time, don't you guys look at prices before you buy things? no wonder all you guys get ripped-off:D

haha just giving you a hard time man, of course we'd wanna know that stuff.

But sometimes u just gotta give it a shot.

TEUTONICFOOL
07-23-2007, 11:44 PM
gentlemen, lets get back to the e30 m3 please!!!

Jon@Bimmersport
07-23-2007, 11:51 PM
any info on this car?

dtthiaga
07-24-2007, 06:06 AM
I'm not missing the point, ..... & guys would go ahead & buy it without even know the mileage or price, even wealthy people check prices before they buy why wouldn't I. It doesn't matter how rare it is or even if there is only 1 in Canada, if the car is out of my budget I wouldn't even bother, that's why I'm asking about the price.

You are missing the point. Regardless of what you say, these cars are rare, and will continue to become even more rare.

Given that, if you were in the market for this car, then a local car spotted is definitely worth a visit.

Your arguments are only valid for normal daily driver cars; not for collector cars.

No one said they would BUY IT without the details such as Mileage, Price, Rust, # of Owners, Accident History, #'s matching etc.

I'll say it again, good or bad, if you were in the market of such a car, it's worth a visit; especially when it's local. It's not like your buying a 98 e36 which are plentiful in the market. The E30 M3 is a collector's car now, and a true enthusiast of this type of vehicle will go take a look, good or bad..

... back to the M3.

More information on this M3 would be awesome. Someone go take a look. :)

tominizer
07-24-2007, 09:23 AM
You guys want me to go........... it's two minutes from my house. I have an '88 E30 M3 and some experience with these cars. I'll see if I can jet past there in the next few days and get some pictures and info.......... assuming there's interest.

BTW, I highly doubt it will be a score. Not many old ladies own these cars and don't know what they are................ most E30 M3 owners that are dumping them watch too much TV and think they are worth gold. And given the area it's in, going to speculate it's a younger to middle age guy as that area is primarily younger families. Now if it was on the side of the road infront of an old farm house............. owned by some old lady.............

Lastly, although they are becoming rare as more and more get wrecked through racing or just expiring, they are just NOT fetching big money (yet) unless mint mint and low mileage.

punnzzells
07-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Tom...

true true.. it also depends on the mods that have been done... If you have a clean , clean car... with a fresh 2,5L motor, euro this, SRD's...etc, you are still looking at getting around the $18K + mark in USD... we've all seen it on the board.

the problem is that you have people who are not educated in the E30 M3... shiot... I've owned one for almost 3 years now and I am still learning everyday!

Quack... I agree, price, mileage, etc would have been nice... but if that E30 M3 was being sold b/c, let's say... the guy is fighting with his wife and she sells it out from hmi for $500.00... wouldn't you be glad you took the drive? I am not saying that it's a likely story, although, my neighbour in NC, picked up a 1998 740il for $5500.00 in 1995 b/c that's what the guys's wife needed for divorce.. shiot happens..!

point is .. on any car.. any part... if the demand is there.. the early bird gets the worm...

and don't let Tom go.. he'll buy it before anyone has a chance! :D

mike

punnzzells
07-24-2007, 10:33 AM
oooops... those years got reversed.... got excited thinking about that deal...

a 1995 740 in 1998...

tominizer
07-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Heh, heh, heh........... not likely Mike.......... unless it's for $500 !! I just picked up a spare motor.......... have a bathroom reno going, replacing the front steps and garage doors at the house............. so no money for another car.

sicilianace
07-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Clarence, honestly....i don't know the guy........work in the area (across the street) is the huge park i cut....practically see the car everyday....really, if i had the money, i would buy it...(why would i post on max. As far as i know, i seen it upclose and personal, the sign on the car says m3 (1990)car is mint visually, i think i saw 151,000 kms, my guess asking around $17-19 grand Black interior...

Today, i got the phone no#416-875-6611.

sicilianace
07-24-2007, 05:56 PM
Again, i'm doin this(post on max) ......because I thought someone would be interested in picking up a rare e30 m3. Whether or not i supplied u with enough info is no concern to me because honestly, if your in the market, u would go and look at as many cars (m3) as possible.......

Robb
07-24-2007, 09:49 PM
The way I look at this (from an EX E30 M3 owner) is the best E30 M3 to buy,
is the most expensive low mileage original E30 M3 you can find !

These cars are money pits if you run into problems !

tominizer
07-25-2007, 08:13 AM
I drove by around 6:30 pm last nite and didn't see that car anywhere.

13blackknight
07-25-2007, 04:40 PM
I drove by around 6:30 pm last nite and didn't see that car anywhere.

the owner is looking for $20K , will see the car on friday

sicilianace
07-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Tom, trust me, that car is around, i was in and around the area during the day today, i saw it again, and not broke them, but is there's another pearl white e30 m3 in that area(black fellow) with dealer plates.....but not for sale....

tominizer
08-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Any updates on this............ I still cannot find the car.

$20K is good money. The thing better be in good shape.

punnzzells
08-13-2007, 10:17 AM
I am very surprised that there are a lot of E30 M3's around in the GTA... I onlhy knew of about 5 or 6 that I've seen in person or seen on the boards.... $20K is a lot o money.... as Tom said... it better be mint and low mileage.... I wonder if it is that Hartge one from Whitbhy/Oshawa area?

sicilianace
08-13-2007, 10:29 PM
Guess what, i drove by the guy's place today(again work in the area)......cant believe my eyes....the guy's has bought the pearl white M3 that i saw in the neighborhood.....and i don't think the charcoal gray M3 is for sale......because it had no plates but the white did............

tominizer
08-14-2007, 08:26 AM
I'm thinking we should have an E30 M3 Toronto meet in the next few weeks. Anyone up for that ?!?!?!?!? There's enuf of us I think in the GTA.

punnzzells
08-14-2007, 11:12 AM
hmmmm... why would the guy be selling an E30 M3, then buy another one, especially that pearl white piece of work.... ??

makes you wonder.....

sicilianace
08-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Update......Okay guys, this is it ,today we noticed.............he's selling BOTH e30 m3's they were in the driveway with for sale signs, its a white 1991 e30 m3 .....and the gray charcoal 1990 e30 m3,no idea on the price..... could'nt believe my eyes..........

Again, north Woodbridge on Islington/MajorMac area.....the street is Sunset Ridge...here's across from the park............

tominizer
08-16-2007, 08:23 AM
I randomly drove by and saw the charcoal car. No 4 sale sign though. Pretty rare to find some dude selling two out of his driveway.

13blackknight
08-31-2007, 04:05 PM
I randomly drove by and saw the charcoal car. No 4 sale sign though. Pretty rare to find some dude selling two out of his driveway.

the owner is looking for $20,000 for the gray M3

Shane Bawa
08-31-2007, 06:09 PM
These ones are listed in the autotrader right now. I went and saw both of them, the white one was in the trader a few weeks back.. :puke:

The Grey one is better, but still not worth what he is asking for. Someone needs to give these M3 owners a reality check..

White one is a US car, crap CRAP repaint, not matching the original colour. 230K MILES. Not for me. I think he want $14.5 for it.

My search continues...

joeys323ci
09-01-2007, 03:47 PM
http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details.asp?mknm=688&Region=-1&subcategory=&CAT=1&ADID=6361481&ADS=6361481%7C

tominizer
09-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Baaaah, ha, haaaaaaaaaaa.....................

Ok, mine is now for sale too. I want $45K............. no, no.......... $50K .............. USD

Quack
09-01-2007, 11:53 PM
see, this is why I was asking for the price, I wouldn't even bother to go see it if I known that price.