PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof Leaking

puma325
07-16-2007, 02:12 AM
Hi, recently my E30 has taken to leaking from around the mechnical sunroof handle and from behind the diagnostic light board near the rear view mirror. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what they did to remedy it.

Is it more likely to be just the drains being clogged, if so what is the best way to get rid of the block? Or is it more likely to be the sunroof seal? And if so where is the best place to get a new one from, i live in Perth, Australia but if there is somewhere cheap on the internet it would be great

Thanks in advance

BmW1819
07-16-2007, 08:24 PM
blow the drains with air :) if u have a air compresser get a new seal and adjust the roof :)

Nascar318is
07-16-2007, 09:18 PM
Don't you E30 guys have to take out your windows to take the headliner out? If the sunroof is designed like the E36, drop the headliner, undo the clamps for all 4 drain hoses and blow out the lines with a compresser like you said^^^ put the hoses back and the clamps.. open the roof and pour some water in there on the sides and see if the problem is solved. If it is put the headliner back on and you are done.