PDA

View Full Version : Anybody up for a dyno day? (Ottawa)

chromius
07-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Just putting this out there, because I've been wanting to do a baseline dyno of the 540. I figure we could make a day of it, and if we had enough people interested maybe we could get a discount.:)

What do you guys think?

jeffrie
07-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Think a very good idea, to add should also make a day for Mark D to come up to Ottawa and chip our cars for us.

bmdoubleya
07-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Think a very good idea, to add should also make a day for Mark D to come up to Ottawa and chip our cars for us.

raf does the mark D chips..

ecuconnection
07-12-2007, 09:54 PM
do they make them for the e36 318i Ecu? ... I saw them on ebay they give a gain of like 25hp or something ... hmmm?

Jamil20
07-12-2007, 11:23 PM
25 hp? If you really believe that then I've got a bridge to sell to you.

jeffrie
07-12-2007, 11:23 PM
raf does the mark D chips..

I know he can get the "Chips" off of Mark D (OBDI) but can he re-program OBDII's flash memory that is non-removable?

everlast
07-13-2007, 03:33 AM
I'd be up for a dyno day to get the 'before' snapshot in case I ever get around to doing what one would consider the results "after".

Tapp auto, or who?

chromius
07-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Yeah, I figure Tapp. I think they're the only chassis dyno in town anyway.

And for sure, having Mark D come up would be really cool, but I'm sure we would need a fair number of people before he would commit. I also don't think Raph does OBD II tuning as Jeff said, which some of us would need.

bmdbley'sBro
07-15-2007, 11:58 AM
if i have a bmw when this occurs :D i'd be down

ecuconnection
07-15-2007, 12:08 PM
still dont have that back yet gzzzzzz shity bust!

Lee in Ottawa
07-16-2007, 05:56 PM
adam needing a baseline dyno number would mean that you plan to mod the e39. What are your plans for it?

edit: posted by Jesse

Lee in Ottawa
07-16-2007, 11:10 PM
head and block are once again back together. Give me a date on this dyno plan so that i plan the unveiling appropriately

ecuconnection
07-16-2007, 11:57 PM
Bout time!! we might actulay get too see this thing go!! woooooooooo! good luck! Lee

jeffrie
07-17-2007, 07:18 AM
if i have a bmw when this occurs :D i'd be down

In the same boat currently, would need at least a week still before I can even think about taking it out on the road again, Take some pics, let's see which one is in the most peices *rockout* .

chromius
07-17-2007, 09:05 AM
adam needing a baseline dyno number would mean that you plan to mod the e39. What are your plans for it?

edit: posted by Jesse

Haha...I've got some ideas in my head of what I might eventually like to do, but it won't be for a long while:) . I just want to do a baseline to see what I'm working with, see how strong the engine is. One of my biggest regrets with the e30 is that I didn't do a before/after.

head and block are once again back together. Give me a date on this dyno plan so that i plan the unveiling appropriately
YES! You have to unveil it before that! This Friday be there!*par-t*

I'm thinking mid to late August to do this, how does that sound for everyone? I checked their web site, and it's $75 for 3 pulls.

bmdbley'sBro
07-17-2007, 03:49 PM
In the same boat currently, would need at least a week still before I can even think about taking it out on the road again, Take some pics, let's see which one is in the most peices *rockout* .

oh *sad* what happened to yours??

Lee you owe my bro & I a ride when its 'operational' :D

jeffrie
07-17-2007, 05:25 PM
oh *sad* what happened to yours??

Lee you owe my bro & I a ride when its 'operational' :D

Throwout bearing blew all it's ball barings out, then used the output shaft as a bearing wrecking it.

So since all apart for that and never liked the e36 tranny's gearing from day one (tried it with 3 different diff ratios 2:93, 3:45, 3:91) decided to go with a E30 tranny instead. Then the list got larger.... Then I wanted a single mass fly wheel, upgraded to a stronger clutch, new slave cylinder and while all is apart decided to due some overdue mainanence like change the guibo, centre support bearing, injector seals and well, now also have to change out the starter to go with my new flywheel, linkage ect...

Hopefully will be back together by the end of this weekend and see what #'s come out on that Dyno.

bmdbley'sBro
07-18-2007, 12:36 AM
decided to go with a E30 tranny instead. Then I wanted a single mass fly wheel,

holy crap man thats alot of stuff *love*

i remember doing some reading/ research on bfc about single mass..way lighter!!

so whats involved with a e30 tranny going in (pita)??

jeffrie
07-18-2007, 07:20 AM
Single mass is only 5 lbs lighter 21lbs as opposed to the 26lbd duel mass, but with the single you have the option to shave it down to 18lbs, I didn't bother. Tranny went in like the stock one slightly easier actualy, only the 4 main bolts lighn up so less haseling to deal with while under tha car finding the new weird angles with an asortment of swivels and extensions, biggest PITA was the starter, had to remove the charger just to get to the wires, thinking linkage may be another PITA but only tried with e36 linkage but afraid to bend the aluminium rod to make it work, next I'll try with e30 linkage before I attempt to bend or should I say snap that alum rod.

Nascar318is
07-18-2007, 08:40 AM
Damn that sucks Jeff.. you working on her tonight?

jeffrie
07-18-2007, 10:19 AM
yep, free free to stop buy if your bored.

bmdbley'sBro
07-18-2007, 07:22 PM
Single mass is only 5 lbs lighter 21lbs as opposed to the 26lbd duel mass, but with the single you have the option to shave it down to 18lbs, I didn't bother.

Tranny went in like the stock one slightly easier actualy, .

stock for stock yeah, but they don't make 'light weight' dual mass wheels :D
but im sure you'll notice it rev'n a smidge quicker being 5lbs lighter