PDA

View Full Version : Any Road Bikers out there?

Seven
07-10-2007, 01:02 AM
Just thought I'd see if there was any interest here on Max before I post on Kijiji etc.

Just in time to ride along with CSC in the tour ;) ... I have a beautiful Cervelo Soloist Team, barely used, possibly for sale. I've been trying to make time to ride it for a while now and never get around to it, so, I'm thinking of selling it.

The bike is absolutely gorgeous, 61cm frame, all Ultegra ... I'll give more deets, post pics and talk price if any interest is shown.

Thanks.

thinair
07-10-2007, 07:10 AM
post pics and a price, what do you have to lose? :)

Seven
07-10-2007, 11:40 AM
I have my bike to lose man! ... But um, I guess that's the point ... I'll try to get some pics up tonight ... it's red and white for those that know the Soloist.

lvan
07-11-2007, 09:12 AM
Post pics and ballpark

Seven
07-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Yeah, sorry, was hoping to take pics of the bike last night but didn't get around to it ... I'm very busy the next couple days, but I'll do my best to get some pics up soon. For now, here is what it basically looks like ... same frame/colours, components are different.

(that's not me in the picture :))

Specs are as follows:
Frame: Cervelo Soloist Team Aluminum, with carbon fiber fork
2 seat posts, 1 carbon fiber, one aluminum (never used)
Full ultegra drive train
cervelo brakes
Shimano R-540 low spoke count wheels with (I think) continental tires
Selle Italia seat (matches the bike)
I just have shimano spd mtb pedals on there

Ballpark: $2,000 ... original price $3,500

Seven
07-13-2007, 02:28 PM
No takers so far?

Team CSC is in the lead at the tour, both in individual and team classifications ... and you know why?? 'Cause they ride Cervelos! :D ... sweet bike man, pick it up before I decide to keep it.

(I'll have pics up by the end of the weekend ... by then I'll also be posting on Kijiji etc ... if I don't decided to not sell it altogether ;))

rendered
08-03-2007, 01:05 AM
Beautiful bike man!

I need a road bike for next year for training. but I can start early.

I spent my bicycle budget earlier this year, $6000+ on my new mountain bike.

But if you're really in a tight situation and need to part with the bike, I can give her a good home!

I have around $1000 left in my cycling budget to spend. I wish It was more, but I'm buying another car at the moment.

jameswbl
08-07-2007, 01:52 AM
holy...didnt know bicycles can get this expensive

ppl have been buying used motorcycles for that price...

rendered
08-07-2007, 03:02 AM
holy...didnt know bicycles can get this expensive

ppl have been buying used motorcycles for that price...

yes its nuts! I'd take a nice bicycle over a motorcycle anyday of my life!

at $6000 I bought everything at cost of the parts and bike! MSRP there is well over $9000+ invested.

not my first $5000+ bike though. I've been doing it for most of my entire life.

nothing greater than riding your favourite singletrack or accomplishing that intense steep road climb you never could master earlier in the season.

Seven
08-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Saw a few $15,000+ bikes at the bicycle show ... my bike is cheap by comparison :D.

rickysals
10-16-2007, 01:57 AM
Did this bike ever sell?

I've been looking for a Soloist Team... pm/email sent.

sirex
10-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Did this bike ever sell?

I've been looking for a Soloist Team... pm/email sent.

maybe he can ship u the bike then u dont send the money?

rickysals
10-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Umm... what?