PDA

View Full Version : Worst driving experience?

Bliss
02-06-2002, 01:48 AM
Mine had to be when i got t-boned with my old E36! I was making a left at the lights waiting patiantly for the light to turn amber, or red because of heavy traffic. Finally the light turned amber and cars started to slow down. While one of the cars was slowing down (this was when the light was red already) It changed it's mind and stepped on the gas while i was already in the middle of the intersection making my turn.:mad: Anyways, he just slammed right in the dead centre of my car! I came out of the car thinking it's not gonna be big, but when i saw it i thought i was gonna have a heart attack. Well to make a long story short, the guy denied running the red, we went to court and i won.:)

Dluxazn58
02-06-2002, 02:23 AM
DAMN BLISS!!! that is FAT!!

not a driving experience.. but some hoe at my school scraped my car while she was parking... GRR

its hard to see. but it still sucks...
I still dunno exactly who did it

EMPOWERD
02-06-2002, 04:27 PM
I haven't experienced any big accidents in a car yet, There was one episode about 10 years ago when I was a punk in his blacked out/tinted/big tipped '84 318i. I was racing my friend down his residential street (Royal York/Eglington area) and there was a 90 degree turn at the end of it. He was on his Yamaha RZ-350 (I know... I know) and I had 2 people in my car (my current G/F and a friend) I thought I could out brake him into the corner at 130kmh, but locked up and slid up this guys front lawn missing a huge tree by 1 foot. All the damage was 4 bent bottlecap wheels. My dad almost killed me. He fell off the bike too (a little road rash) from watching my go off-road.

The bigger incident was when I wrote off my '97 Kawasaki ZX-7R 4 years ago. I was chilling at Coffee Time (Winston & Dundas) with my car and bike friends... then I decided to show off as I left at 1:00am. I did a wheelie and flipped it backwards! The bike slid and hit the curb and went airborne (just like the Superbikes on ESPN) I slid for about 20 meters, got up and ran to my bike (full leathers) The next day I was in so much pain... couldn't get out of bed. Bruised ribs, pelvis, shoulder blade, torn rotater cuff (9 months of rehab). Now I can keep a wheelie up until 250km/h on any highway!!! Gotta learn somehow.

Here's a pic at the actual accident scene... I always carry a disposable camera with me.

Gamite
02-06-2002, 05:32 PM
Well, mine are pretty tame compared to yours, I've been in an accident, where some lady tried to U-Turn in front of me, but I wouldnt call that my worst experience..

My worst was this winter, My mom and I decided to go to london Ontario to pick up my dog sheba. On the way there it started to snow badly, we stopped of at a gas station, and I looked at my car, it was totally covered in ice.. Only the headlights and foglights were to be seen. Well eventually we get to the breeders house, the roads werent that bad at that time. But when we left a few hours later, all the roads were completely covered in icy snow. I didnt have my winter tires or anything, and my crappy tires just didnt cut it. I had to drive slipping and sliding on the highway for about 2 hours just to get home. And the worst part was I was falling asleep while driving. It was pretty scary, trucks were zooming by me.. but I got a good laugh when I saw a tricked up civic and an S2000 going about 40 with their hazzards blazing.

(It was that first friday snowfall a few months back, definately the wrong day to goto london)

330DTM
02-06-2002, 09:30 PM
1) I was driving with my family to bring my sister back to her university after Chistmas break. On our way past kingston and to Rockport, it snowed like crazy! I was a total white out. Snow was blowing harshly and everywhere and you couldn't see no more than 5-10metres! I had to drive at like 40-50km/h because it was almost impossible to see. Some cars ended up in the ditch. Truck drivers drove like 70km/h LOL.

2) It was my mistake, but I was rallying with my friend in the residential area. I was driving my volvo 850 turbo wagon LOL. I was trying to set the car into a drift before the 90 degree turn and just floor it while almost about to exit the turn. Turns out that i was going way too slow and the car just plowed up the apex of the 90 degree turn where there was a snow bank!. I had to floor it for 3 seconds just to get the car out of the inclined snow bank! worst of all, i actually felt the car almost about to tip over to it's side when i plowed diagnoally onto the snow bank! very scarry!

that's all for now folks.

Phantom
02-07-2002, 12:31 AM
Rear-ended in my Peugeot by a pickup truck August 1994.(London England)

T-boned at Brittania and Hwy 10 in my old Honda Civic by a red light runner. January 1997.

Pushed into a curb by an idiot driver who side-swiped me(pregnant wife in car) May 2000. (wifes 2000 Cavalier)......

Wife got rear-ended(I can see you all chuckling. Dirty minded guys) on Montevideo by some stupid woman. Dec 2001......*devil*

mogie
02-07-2002, 10:29 AM
Hmmm, I seem to be afllicted by accident itis. Not my doing though, but damn insurance companies don't care though.

Here is my history of fun filled accidents.

1- 1984 in my friends Dodge Shadow, long nite party, next day all day skiing, warm car, soft music, friend falling alseep, damn tree appeared out of nowhere, we hit the tree at about 80KPH?? totalled the car, flipped on to our side slid down the hill - skiis and roof rack intact - me locked into the pasger seatbelt which would not release, hanging in mid air.
Moral here never allow a friend to drive while you sleep.

2- 1991 in my 1986 MR2, heading eastbound on Wellsley just about to cross Yonge St. when BAM! 360 degree spin in the middle of freaking Yonge St. OWCH!!!
:mad: You'd never guess what I hit a brand spanking new 5 series, with some ladies coming from a baseball game, her car $3G damage my car total right off. Know what the lame women said?? "I thought it was green" *no-no* Since then I have had a new respect for BMW's

3 - 1996 in my 1991 MR2 Turbo heavily modified = friend wanted to try it out, amazed by the sheer power and speed he ran the car right into an intersection $9G later back on the road. Moral NEVER EVER LET ANYONE DRIVE YOUR RIDE

4 - 1998 in my 1992 325is semi modified, remember the 60 car pile up on the Allan Rd overpass, heehee I was one of them.
I was coming to a slow down on the Allan overpass when I saw a bunch of blinking lights ahead, I merely tapped the brakes- bad move about 300 feet of slidding and weaving about- I slid pass an Alfa Romeo, which was in the guard rail, a 4 Runner into the guard rail, and a bunch of other eager participants into the guard rail scene, I managed to get the car spun into reverse by now, saw the ever approaching rail, since I was going backwards I managed to get into gear and jam on te accel, almost made it scot free - BAM!!! $4G later out of my own pocket and into a new car, car felt funny after that accident.

But the carnage was amazing that nite, so many cars spun out or nearly lost it. The lady in the Alfa, got enough to attempt to leave when a Acura slid and slammed into her and jammed her onto the opposite guard rail, this time her car was finished. As we were helping her out the guy in the Acura was standing near the left guard rail, was surveying the damage when a 1960's pimp mobile came sliding towards him at full force glanced off the rail just missing this guy who jumped up on the guard rail overlooking the underpass, he somehow manged to throw his keys over but not himself. As the pimp mobile continued along it slammed into the Acura, which then slammed into the Alfa, again jamming the lady inside. Who was now in total hysterics. As the pimp mobile came to a stop I could see inside 2 young punks with total fear in their eyes, the driver gunned it out of there like that car was stolen or something. What a nite.

:rolleyes:

crusher
02-06-2004, 03:47 AM
ok

87-88 something
dad was driving our old renault 13 and got t-boned. Not a dent in the renault jeep's front was busted. I think it was 3-5km hit

94-95 I was hanging at the back of the passenger jeepney the driver lost control and went head on to a divider. One of the most scariest day of my life.

97-96 I was riding as a passenger with my buddy, thats the day he got his G2, finally got his civic and what do you know after a few blocks from my house in front of Mary Ward CSS a drunk driver t-boned the car. The car were riding got dragged 10 meters.

On my e46 323, scraped my drivers side rear quarter panel while parking at those downtown parking lot. Hit a flying light bulb at 120km/h at the DVP, some f*ckers decided to throw it off a bridge. Pacific mall fender bender with a curve, front rim = scraped.

On my e36 M3, only one some girl from cali was passing by 401 and she suddenly decided to change lanes at 120km/h while the traffic at the front was stopped. Eventually she decided to go back to my lane and hit the car at the back, 1-3km/h hit got some paint chips from her plate frame, she eventually paid cash and got my CAI & Exhaust heheh.

ROBM3
02-06-2004, 04:25 AM
About 7 years ago, I was racing a corvette with my old 1987 e30 325 On Lakeshore ave + Cherry street with 4 people in the car.., when I spun out (over railway tracks) doing 100kms on a 30km/hour turn..... :eek:

I actually beat the vette :D , but almost killed my self and my buddies.... Luckily I dodnt hit anything, but a patrol car saw what happened (plumes of smoke) and stopped me.He gave me a $350 ticket, and 6 points... I went to court and the cop didnt show.

That was the 1st and last time I raced !
Here's a pic of the old car..

Quack
02-06-2004, 04:28 AM
2000 or 2001 was cruising on the 427 north going above the speed limit (not by much) in the left lane, some guy in an Ford Explorer just coming onto the hwy signals left and cuts 3 lanes across the hwy right in front of me, he was going maybe 70, I slammed on the brakes but the car wasn't slowing down fast enough, I knew my car would smash into his, so trying to avoid a accident I go onto the shoulder, my car was still going faster than his still, the shoulder being loose gravel takes my car into a spin, the car spun right into a minivan, t-boned the minivan and spun 2 to 3 times again all the way to the far right lane, the minivan was a write off, the Ford Explorer that caused the accident got away with no damage and he took off leaving me & the minvan there to rot.

crazyvadim
02-06-2004, 04:46 AM
Dam,some of you guys been into some serious shit but luckily i wasnt except for 1 incident when i was going down a 1 way narrow street and there was a double parked car up ahead,well i decided to pass it at high speeds and i got up to like 60-70 mph and the guy opened his drivers door just as i was passing it and i ended up taking off his door.

HIM
02-06-2004, 05:19 AM
Well, I haven't been in one yet (knock on wood), but my sister was in one a little while ago. She was going straight on don mills and steeles when the person accord the street decided to make a left. It was green so my sister had the right of way to go straight, but the guy t-boned her. He is getting sued by our insurance company, I think getting charged as well, and he is basically screwed for a long long time, but he deserves it. Her's a pic. My sister's car got hit so hard that her car spun 30 feet and when she realized what happened her whole car was on the grass, it went over the curb and was next to the esso station past the sidewalk.

HIM
02-06-2004, 05:20 AM
#2 different angle. all taken by the mechanic we usually go to for problems

P.S. as you can tell, the neon that hit her was lime green

Furious
02-06-2004, 05:25 AM
the worst was when i did a 360 into a ditch about 2 years ago. i wasnt scared but i was when the tow-truck nearly plowed right into me after i warned him how much ice was on the road.

anyways besides any intentional crashing (me and friends had field cars and such) i have been pretty lucky

WhadUpp
02-06-2004, 05:31 AM
I got hit in the same spot and as I can see those two protection bars held up pretty good on the integra just like it did with mine. As you can clearly see the sheetmetal wrapped around the 2 bars.

If it was in a civic it might have been worse as I don't think they have thos protection bars in the doors like the Integras do.

SickFinga
02-06-2004, 08:56 AM
ok, this was posted 2 years ago.
WTF!

mkgino
02-06-2004, 09:18 AM
lol, crusher always brings back old threads

Originally posted by SickFinga
ok, this was posted 2 years ago.
WTF!

your engrish has gotten better :P

SickFinga
02-06-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by mkgino

your engrish has gotten better :P

http://www.gfyboard.com/images/smilies/NEW/321.gif

HIM
02-06-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by WhadUpp
I got hit in the same spot and as I can see those two protection bars held up pretty good on the integra just like it did with mine. As you can clearly see the sheetmetal wrapped around the 2 bars.

If it was in a civic it might have been worse as I don't think they have thos protection bars in the doors like the Integras do.

Yea, they definetly helped, all she had was a cut forhead from the broken window but other than that just some pains from getting hit so hard and suddenly. Paramedics said if she was in a cheaper car then she could be in worse condition

audiophilia
02-06-2004, 12:53 PM
401 heading east.

near Cornwall exit.

December, heading for a funeral!!!

Nissan Sentra, my wife driving, both children in back.

85 kms per hour and driving very carefully. crap road. pitch black.

Lost control. Nothing in front or behind, thank God!

3 360s, backwards into ditch, rolled onto roof.

TOTALLY UNFOOKIN' COOL. Never do that...everybody okay, once we oriented ourselves, openrd the doors, etc. 10Gs damage. Tow truck saw us go in. Quick recovery...

crusher
02-06-2004, 02:18 PM
OMG wtf i was thinking. LOL i think 've mistaken the newtread and browsed the General Section i think. EkkKkk

bart320i
02-06-2004, 05:22 PM
I was making a left hand turn and didn't see the cruiser going straight so I almost nailed a cop head on, man he was pissed

BMW BMXer
02-06-2004, 08:03 PM
First stick car, first rear wheel drive car.

Making a left turn onto thomas street from some side street. Accidently popped the clutch a little. Ended up flaling all over the place since I didn't know how rear wheel drive reacts. Luckily all I did was hop a curb and bend a bottle cap. All things considereing I got lucky since I was in the other lane for a little bit.

bmw325ix
02-06-2004, 08:31 PM
got rear-ended at a stop sign by a cherokee----wasnt too bad but was about 1800 bucks of damage on my iX

SeRb
02-06-2004, 09:36 PM
stupid bitch driving a bus rear ended my car at a red light while i was at a dead stop

pushed me forward 3-4 meters almost onto hwy 10 where cars were passing by,

4k dmg

tiestoE36
02-07-2004, 08:23 PM
i got cut off and lost control, not my fault.

HIM
02-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by tiestoE36
i got cut off and lost control, not my fault.

Damn, did it roll??

Lil'Smoothie
02-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Worst driving experience?

Never been in an accident so im gonna have to say everytime I drive my sisters automatic Neon

BladeRunner
02-07-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Dluxazn58
DAMN BLISS!!! that is FAT!!

not a driving experience.. but some hoe at my school scraped my car while she was parking... GRR

its hard to see. but it still sucks...
I still dunno exactly who did it

I bet it was an Jeep, SUV, or truck, then agian could have been just one of those big, long cars. I've seen this many of times when parking at transit to ride the metro to school. One guy parked a Buick, which is like the size of the Lincolns from the '90s you all know the ones that Senior citizens drive. Anyway, trying to force his way out of the space he dented his and someone else's plasitc bumper.

PEOPLE WHEN THE SIGN reads "SMALL CARS ONLY" THAT IS IS NOT THE RECOMMEND/REQUESTED SIZE BUT THE MANDITORY SIZE -- THE MANDITORY SIZE PEOPLE. Thank You.

Next time give him/her this.
http://members.tripod.com/nathanwaite/mickey_parking_ticket_redone.jpg

tiestoE36
02-07-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by HIM
Damn, did it roll??

yep, but like in slow motion

Jon@Bimmersport
02-08-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Lil'Smoothie
Never been in an accident so im gonna have to say everytime I drive my sisters automatic Neon

lol thats a good one!

BladeRunner
02-08-2004, 12:27 AM
yeah i've heard those Neons are terrible but automatic has to make it a nightmare unless it's turboed. However, one that is worse is the Geo Metro I think. That car is a 4 banger - 1, now that is a nightmare. One day my dad drove one for some reason. He later decided to get a Geo Metro for my sister. My dad is a wierd one only he gets the good things everyone else....

biotek
02-08-2004, 12:57 AM
Hey neons are pretty fast :D

-jay

BMWF1
02-08-2004, 01:20 AM
Speaking of Geo's ^^^^ i got rear ended by one, maybe about ZERO Dollars worth of damage, but the guy decided to run, so I got his plate number went home, busted up the bumper, and lets just say the new body kit and paint job looks GOOD!!

BladeRunner
02-08-2004, 03:01 AM
how the hell you go run in a Geo? you can't go very fast, sure he can squeeze in and out of traffic fast but once you get an opening he's going down. good way to get him though, in the pocket if that's what you meant.

WhadUpp
02-08-2004, 03:11 AM
Geo Metro. LOL, My wife about 9 years ago when I first started dating her said she was gonna rent me a Jeep Cherokee for my birthday and when she went to pick it up the Cherokee was gone and all was left was this lonely white Geo Metro with 3 cylinders.

She felt really bad when she showed up with the Geo for me but it was too late to go to another rental place so the Geo became my birthday ride. Everyone I knew laughed at me when they saw me driving it. It was too funny:D I told my girl it was ok, Ididn't mind driving it LOL. On the highway it felt like the engine was going to fall off. I did alot of neutral drops with it and I think the tranny was about to go when we returned it.*shiner*

BladeRunner
02-08-2004, 04:57 AM
i've never understud why people abuse and damage rental cars.

beamerboycsl
02-08-2004, 05:20 AM
because u dont have to worry about the bill and can beat the bag out of it and not have to worry so u can do stuff u wouldnt do with ur car.

WhadUpp
02-08-2004, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by BladeRunner
i've never understud why people abuse and damage rental cars.

Man, that was over 9 years ago. Geo Metro took the abuse like a champ;)

Phazer
02-08-2004, 09:27 AM
Coming from skydiving all pumped up after my first jump, I got into a corner WAY TOO FAST ( around 190kmh/ - my own stupidity, I have learned my lesson), in the corner my back tyres hit a slippery spot, my rear end came out, went of the road onto gravel and the car flipped and then rolled 5 times after that. I climbed out of the car and walk 4 km's back to the skydiving club to get help. This happened in my first e36 323i that I owned. After that I got another e36 323i, and since then went to loads of driving schools and courses, and do track work etc.