PDA

View Full Version : E30 Rubber Floor Mats?

Cameron
06-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know of any custom made rubber floor mats for the E30? I'm looking for a set of winter rubber floor mats that has edging around the outside (to keep liquids and dirt from sliding out of the floor mat and onto the carpet.) I'm looking for floor mats that are an exact fit, not the usual Weathertech-style mats.

I'm aware of the Bavauto custom "Hex-O mats" and I don't find them satisfactory since they don't have any edging and the hexagonal holes are awfully shallow.

I also know of BMW's rubber floor mats. They have mounting posts (which aren't already installed in the car) and don't seem to be available in black anymore (I was looking for black, but I suppose the grey would do.) I'd get these if I could actually see what they look like, and if it weren't for the mounting posts.

Does anyone know of any other products, or does anyone have pictures of the BMW mats? I've attached the Parts Catalog picture of BMW's rubber mat.

Thanks,

Cameron

Jamil
06-24-2007, 01:04 AM
I have the BavAuto mats and they're really not that bad. You're right, they have no edging, but I didn't have any problems with snow or salt getting on my carpets during the winter. They did the job. Only bad thing is they're supposed to be computer cut to exact fit of an E30 floor but they're a little smaller so there's about an inch they could have added to one side.

I didn't know about the BMW ones, how much are they???

Cameron
06-24-2007, 01:30 AM
Sorry Jamil, I haven't asked the stealership how much the mats are going for (I expect it to be a ludicrous amount.)

Cameron
06-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Anybody have any other ideas? Am I S.O.L.?

egk2
07-03-2007, 03:14 PM
bmw e30 rubber floor mats were still avail last time I checked,
price wasn't too bad either.

I used e46 black rubber mats, they fit pretty good, not exact but good enough to get the job done and they are high quality, thick and will last longer than your car.