PDA

View Full Version : PROJECT: E30 angel eyes!

FastM3
01-02-2003, 03:50 AM
:idea:
In the next week I'm gonna go around to a few stores to try and find the pieces needed to create some angel eyes for my E30. :P

I went to that umnitza site but there is no way of ordering off it and they only have instructions, so basically I'm doing this whole thing from scratch. :(

BUT, before i go on a search for parts, does anyone know of stores that will have the various pieces??...and...does anyone know how to order off that umnitza place?? :confused: :confused:

thanks, and i'll be posting pics along the way for all others to see if they want to persue the same project for their e30...later! *wiggle*

umnitza
01-02-2003, 03:57 AM
you contact me directly for now, our new site is days away, but as you know, integration between payment services and product numbers and shipping and...well you get the picture:)

Feel free to contact me direct umnitza@pacbell.net:D

FastM3
01-02-2003, 04:00 AM
well just tell me what i need to do to order and stuff...im just looking to buy a kit for the angel eyes...

how much are they from you?
where are you guys from?
what do i get?

BMW BMXer
01-02-2003, 04:02 AM
I have had my rings made for the longest time, Im awaiting new bright leds, red didn't make the cut

and i blew all my blue ones being a dumbass

FastM3
01-02-2003, 04:25 AM
:eek: EXPLAIN EXPLAIN EXPLAIN where/how you did it??? haha:D

Indecisive
01-02-2003, 05:17 AM
if you're too lazy and have money just buy an angel eyes kit. MTS has one...but I think they're waiting til April to release it or something...I can't remember the mts website so I can't show you...sorry.

BMW BMXer
01-02-2003, 02:41 PM
magic :cool:

heres some early stages shot with my webcam, lights on since it has no flash, I really with I used a resistor those blue leds lit up good...

SpoolinS6
01-02-2003, 06:57 PM
BMW BMXer can u pm me the detail of building a kit !*th-up*

FastM3
01-02-2003, 07:41 PM
nonon just post it here dont pm him...lol

jeremy
01-02-2003, 07:45 PM
you know you cant open the american light, right ? your going to have to use those ugly stone gaurds or get the european lights (they can open)*th-up*

FastM3
01-02-2003, 07:47 PM
ya i know...as i told my dad about this project he showed me that he had some covers already, so he found them and showed me them and i went up the car and they were pretty small actually, only comes out a bit....i'll take a pic of them later

BMW BMXer
01-02-2003, 07:51 PM
Or you can mount them over the lights, it does not look as bad as ud think

It covers those metal rings.

My "kit" is just the homemade (home depot) angel eye thing off that site

Lil jonny was sposed to have a kit... :D

FastM3
01-02-2003, 08:00 PM
i just took 2 pics of the covers..obvi i got 4 of them and the pics are alright...

the first one just shows the cover

the second one is to show the adjustments that can be made...the yellow part that i put can be cut to a desired size, basically make the length smaller...and the green part i put shows the actual part where the headlamp goes...

it's not that bad of a cover

FastM3
01-02-2003, 08:01 PM

FastM3
01-02-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by BMW BMXer
My "kit" is just the homemade (home depot) angel eye thing off that sit

what do you mean off that site??

BMW BMXer
01-02-2003, 08:05 PM
http://www.geocities.com/jvxdriver/eagle_eyes.htm

FastM3
01-03-2003, 03:01 AM
doesnt work

BoBimmer
01-03-2003, 06:25 AM
What do you mean doesnt work?? Have you tried it? This guy seemed to have success with it!?

Josephine@nikis
01-03-2003, 10:28 AM
HMM - you know that Hella will release their Celis set for E30 during spring, don't you ?

I guess that a set of those will be around 500 USD shipped to you.

The Hella sets are outstanding as they come will all needed parts, even the additional wiring parts.

All you do is, remove the old housing on your car, sell them at Ebay :D open the suitcase sized package from Hella, and look at the diagram. - Its mostly drawings so you don't even need to learn German in order to mount them.

Place the set - adjust beams (its shown also) and woha, you have Angel Eyes on your E30.

I know a lot of people who is on a list, waiting for any release news - and it will happen during spring.

Just a hint - I'm sure that nearly all BMW dealers or internet based BMW parts dealers will say that you should make you own set :D

They earn bucks each time something is broken :D

Josephine

BMW BMXer
01-03-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by pasta325i
doesnt work

the link or the mod?

Indecisive
01-03-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by BMW BMXer
the link or the mod?

the link. the website went past it's monthly bandwidth alotment

FastM3
01-03-2003, 04:55 PM
so the hella kit that is coming out comes with new e30 lights, angel eyes, and the covers?

Josephine@nikis
01-03-2003, 05:13 PM
The Hella sets will include :

Complete housing both sides with the rings installed/placed the right place.

I guess that the Halogen bulbs will be upgraded to H7 as in the E36 sets.

Additional wiring parts.

Installation guide

Drawing/diagram

And a German certificate for approval for EU use :)

All nicely packed in a suitcase sized package.

It's "plug and play" - Hella even considered to include the guide for adjusting the beams, once the set is installed.

I think that price will land somewhere in the range of USD 500 shipped, and I think that its a decent price WHEN you take everything in consideration.

Better beams
The Celis technology rings (angel eyes)
Ready for installation, and very easy to install.
You don't have to change anything on your Bimmer.
Approved and tested solution.

But remember, that these set isn't out there yet, they haven't been officially released. Some dealers are taking pre-orders on the sets, and others are simply building up email lists of interested.

Josephine

FastM3
01-03-2003, 06:03 PM
well it does sound good...i went on the hella site but couldnt find any info on it...do you have a link or pictures of anything Josephine??

Josephine@nikis
01-03-2003, 06:19 PM
This is the only E30 Hella Celis Angel eye picture that I have.

Kinda nice isn't it?*th-up*

FastM3
01-03-2003, 06:41 PM
wow they look great!!

but the actual lights look werid..not the same as the regular e30's obviously but...hmm i dunno :confused:

Josephine@nikis
01-03-2003, 06:53 PM
True,

Hella has made this picture for all E30 owners that in addition to the Angels eyes wants the Xenon aswell.

But despite the photo, will the set be original fitted with H7 halogen bulbs, and if you want to upgrade to Xenon, can you do this, without interfering the Angel eyes.

And having said that, is it of cause posible to install this set on E30's that already have xenon, if there haven't been done to many changes.

Josephine

FastM3
01-03-2003, 08:07 PM
but what i mean is that i dont like the actual lights...the left one has that big circle in it and the right light as the big shiny glare to it...

im not a fan of the lights, but those angel eyes around them are absolutly amazing!!!

mkgino
01-03-2003, 08:51 PM
i just took 2 pics of the covers..obvi i got 4 of them and the pics are alright...

the first one just shows the cover

the second one is to show the adjustments that can be made...the yellow part that i put can be cut to a desired size, basically make the length smaller...and the green part i put shows the actual part where the headlamp goes...

it's not that bad of a cover

Where did you get these covers from?

swisherchico
01-04-2003, 12:23 AM
josephine can you give us a link to the information regarding these lights.

Ive been looking for the E36 tail lights that you posted in my thread, and I can't seem to find them anywhere?

Josephine@nikis
01-04-2003, 07:45 AM
swisherchico,

At this time isn't there much info on the E30 Hella Celis angel eyes, but it will come during the month or so.

I'll try dig out some more info on the tail lights, as they are out "overhere".

I'm not allowed to post any commercial posts, which is why I cannot provide you with a direct link to a seller - but feel free to email me for further info.

Josephine

jeremy
01-04-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Josephine@nikis
swisherchico,

At this time isn't there much info on the E30 Hella Celis angel eyes, but it will come during the month or so.

I'll try dig out some more info on the tail lights, as they are out "overhere".

I'm not allowed to post any commercial posts, which is why I cannot provide you with a direct link to a seller - but feel free to email me for further info.

Josephine

when these lights become available PLEASE BE SURE TO LETS US KNOW !!! i assume we will be able to buy them from your website ?

thanks
jeremy*th-up*

Josephine@nikis
01-04-2003, 04:58 PM
Jeremy,

Thx :)

They will be released during either late march or early april 2003.

And if you don't know what else to do, why don't you bookmark a website of interest :P

Josephine

FastM3
01-04-2003, 05:38 PM
hey Josephine, pm me that site you have...

Josephine@nikis
01-05-2003, 08:59 AM
Ok guys,

while we wait for Hella to release the set, have you seen their newest available side indicator:

Hella description :

These striking lamps have a clear glass design and are shaped like an arrow running in the direction of motion. The Hella lamps are intended for replacing the standard lamps. The sockets and wiring can be taken over from the original lamps. It is only necessary to replace the lamp housing and the yellow bulb supplied. In no time at all, your vehicle can have its new design.

Do you like it or do you hate ? :cool:

Josephine

umnitza
01-05-2003, 03:22 PM
sorry, my response has been a little slow of late.

Those "Celis" eyes are now being released to the E36 community with some very mixed reviews. Some are ok with the Audi/VW look, others think they look like "beady" eyes.

The Demon Eyes are particularly good because there is not a huge outlay of money involved and it's minimal effort to get them on there - in relation to doing some of the other technical work that you would on an E30.

For $140 + Shipping - you get 8 8000mcd LEDs, 4 Gen IV rings, and a whole bunch of other parts to help you complete the install.

For $125 + Shipping, you can get the Gen III rings instead.

Contacting me via email is the easiest, quickest way to to it.

umnitza@pacbell.net

Josephine@nikis
01-05-2003, 04:58 PM
True, there are many ways to get Angel eyes.

I think that cheapest is follow the guide in this link :

http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/driverwanted/angel%20eyes.htm

and one of the more expensive is wait for Hella to release their set for E30's.

They released their E39 facelift some 9 months ago, then the set for E36 some weeks ago, and during spring will the sets for E30, E34 and E32 be released as well.

The main difference between the hella sets and others, do I believe is that they are plug and play. - The sets includes everything, from housing, to improved bulbs, additional wiring and of cause a complete guide for installation and adjusting the beams.

I haven't yet seen one ofther set from another manufacture that provide the same kind of easiness when it comes to installation, but from my point of view, would it be great if other manufactures would offer the same kind of sets.

It's sometimes boring to only be able to look at lightning systems from ZDK, In-pro, Hella and MHW don't you think ?

umnitza, I hope that your business is doing great, I'd love to see some pics of your system. *th-up*

Josephine

PS . And its true that many specially US based customers found the Hella Celis to Bright and clear, and even called them ricey :confused:

But then again - German owners love them ;)

e30m52power
01-05-2003, 11:16 PM
http://members.roadfly.com/e30rules/angel_eye_e30.html

jeremy
01-06-2003, 12:09 AM
e30m52- your website isnt working:confused:

FastM3
01-06-2003, 01:22 AM
hoooly!! tooo much info for me to handle....i dont know what to do now lolol :confused: :confused:

so umnitza, you have the rings already made and everything, we just have to hook them up to our car and add the covers on top?

bimrpwr
01-06-2003, 05:27 PM
I just made those Home Depot Angel Eyes Yesterday..... Very Easy.... Look is amazing I am more than happy with the results I will be posting pics ASAP. I need to get covers for my headlights and they will be installed.

Madison

FastM3
01-06-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by bimrpwr
I just made those Home Depot Angel Eyes Yesterday..... Very Easy.... Look is amazing I am more than happy with the results I will be posting pics ASAP. I need to get covers for my headlights and they will be installed.

Madison

did you do all that heat and bending of the wires and the cutting part yourself...i can't bother with that, i would rather buy the kit

Josephine@nikis
01-06-2003, 06:11 PM
Pasta

I just PM'ed you. :eek:

Josephine

bimrpwr
01-06-2003, 06:48 PM
Yep did all the heating and bending myself. I would say the whole kit took me 1 hour to make. And I am dead serious. I spent about 20 minutes cutting the slits to give it the striped look. While I was doing this I heated the oven to 300 degrees and put cardboard down on the rack. When I was down with cutting the slits I popped it in the over for like 6 minutes found a jar with a 5 and like 1/4 inch circumference. And bent it around it. I held it for like 2 minutes and it was hard in the shape of a circle. Then I cut the excess off with a dremel. Then I drilled out the end of the ring to install teh LED's that took about 10 minutes. And then the whole soldering of the LED and the resistors took another 20 minutes and I was all set. Looks amazing in the dark.

Madison

FastM3
01-06-2003, 07:18 PM
well what happens if you make the ring and it's the wrong size....you gotta do it all over again eh??

bimrpwr
01-06-2003, 08:24 PM
Measure the size of your headlight first then bend it and you shouldnt have a problem.

Madison

BMW BMXer
01-06-2003, 09:45 PM
its not hard to make the rings, seriously

PBalla
01-07-2003, 12:36 AM
So what comes first, HID lights or LED eyes around them? or are these two separate things that can be done before/after/anytime regardless of whether the other is installed or not?

bimrpwr
01-07-2003, 07:50 PM
Those 2 things are separate and can be done whenever you want to.

Madison

umnitza
01-07-2003, 10:21 PM
ok, I'll bite.

What do the rings look like?

FastM3
01-07-2003, 11:54 PM
umnitza, just gotta ask you a question because im still a little confused...

does your kit come with everything already built and ready to put on the e30's except the plastic covers for the lights??

umnitza
01-14-2003, 05:01 AM
umnitza, just gotta ask you a question because im still a little confused...

does your kit come with everything already built and ready to put on the e30's except the plastic covers for the lights??
yes, it's ready. it's pre-tested.
Just tell me where you want it sent after you paypal:D

FastM3
01-14-2003, 11:59 AM
but you dont give the covers right??

Junta
01-15-2003, 05:03 AM
Well, I have some pics for my friend's E30, he just got an angel eyes kit installed. here you go~

Junta
01-15-2003, 05:04 AM
another one~

BoBimmer
01-15-2003, 05:52 AM
HEY HEY! Tell your freind that angel eye kit looks tight!
What color and type of LED did he use for it? What Ohm resistors? They look kinda dim? But they still look tight also did he get real agel eye ring or make his own? Thanks for answering my millions of questions! LATER KID!!

FastM3
01-15-2003, 12:49 PM
ya man that is siccck looking!!! *th-up*

did he use a kit or made them himself??

umnitza
01-15-2003, 07:52 PM
but you dont give the covers right??
Those are www.bmpd.com

FastM3
01-15-2003, 07:59 PM
ok umnitza, one more question :D :P ....whats your guarantee ...and lol, can you give me a deal?

PBalla
01-16-2003, 06:59 PM
Yeah those are real cool, how'd he go about those, and how much it cost him?

btw...did he do anything with his fog lights? (if thats what they are, they may be signals, I ain't sure)...they look very bright though as being yellow. how'd he do 'em?

thanx