PDA

View Full Version : anyone have time this weekend to help me.

bmdoubleya
06-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Rob if you see this you should come out anyway to get those parts..

I need the half shafts off my parts car this weekend.. They failed my car at safety cause I need a CV. So I figure my best bet is just pull the ones off my parts car..

I'll BBQ for anyone that can give me a hand..

Thanks guys..

Or if someone could tell me how..

jeffrie
06-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Pretty easy to do, but you need a female torx socket which isn't so common for the bolts holding the CV axles on, car needs to be up in the air enough to turn the wheel + 1 guy to turn the wheel, Air ratchet with an extention also is great to speed up the process.
I have the female socket set if you'd like to borrow it. I may be able to even give you a hand Friday night too if you'd like after work (4pmish).

oldskool3
06-20-2007, 08:39 PM
I could also give you a hand but probably not till early next week sometime. Like Jeff said they are pretty staright forward and easy to pop off. You should buy new seals if you haven't already and they come with a new locking ring if you get them from the dealer.

Which car are these for ??

bmdoubleya
06-21-2007, 12:32 AM
Pretty easy to do, but you need a female torx socket which isn't so common for the bolts holding the CV axles on, car needs to be up in the air enough to turn the wheel + 1 guy to turn the wheel, Air ratchet with an extention also is great to speed up the process.
I have the female socket set if you'd like to borrow it. I may be able to even give you a hand Friday night too if you'd like after work (4pmish).

pm me your number .. but I'm stuck working till 6pm on friday.. I might just by rebuilds if I can't get them off..

Raff said I might need a puller for the hub.?

ecuconnection
06-21-2007, 01:14 AM
free rental at CT for the puller! thats all I can help with hehe

jeffrie
06-21-2007, 08:27 AM
Raff said I might need a puller for the hub.?

I have been able to leave the nut on in their final threads and hit it with a 10 lbs sledge to pop it without problems, just use the same nut with each car and side. Finding a breaker bar long enough to break the nut should be the hardest part, I'v often had problems with this, tire spins, car moves forward ect. I needed a bar 7ft long and an asortment of clamps through the rim onto the breaks for the front WB nut on my old e30 (alone).

bmdbley'sBro
06-21-2007, 08:38 PM
I think my bro said today; that he found new (not rebuilt) for $100 per side. :confused:

sure he'll chime in...

bmdoubleya
06-22-2007, 12:30 AM
Yep.. We will see how long they last but brand new, no cores $100 bucks each...

jeffrie
06-22-2007, 12:33 AM
Well if you bought rebuilds & if you have temporay plates and willing to go to B-ham I can reserve a spot just for you Dave for Sat (afternoon) and or Sunday between jobs I have planned for myself and smashed323.
I'll help install, but my air ratchet blew up so bring one if you accept my offer, if no air ratchet no matter but price goes up to a 12 pac of beer and I become the guy maning the tire instead of the ratchet (unless theirs a problem).

ecuconnection
07-08-2007, 11:03 PM
anybody have a sandblaster?

Nascar318is
07-09-2007, 11:42 AM
40-50$ at CT for a sandblaster

ecuconnection
07-09-2007, 11:56 AM
realy?? I looked and I didnt see one I guess I will ask this time thanks!

ecuconnection
07-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Sweet so I bought a sandblaster at CT for 33$ bucks not bad! went to use it with a 2 gallon unit haha and well I got about 30 seconds of air so just wondering if anybody has a compressor they wouldn’t mind renting out too me for a day or 2 and I tried home depot but they only have 2 gallon just doing my rims ... I have a 1000$ multimedia projector for collateral..Cheers

Nascar318is
07-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Sweet so I bought a sandblaster at CT for 33$ bucks not bad! went to use it with a 2 gallon unit haha and well I got about 30 seconds of air so just wondering if anybody has a compressor they wouldn’t mind renting out too me for a day or 2 and I tried home depot but they only have 2 gallon just doing my rims ... I have a 1000$ multimedia projector for collateral..Cheers

I love lamp..

Best bet is talk to Jeffrie, or Sylvain and you'd probably have to go to there place for the size of there tanks..

ecuconnection
07-11-2007, 11:17 PM
oh well shake N BAKE~!! :P