PDA

View Full Version : Feel'er: JBR ltw 11lb flywheel for stock E36M3 clutch/pplate

static
06-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Car is a daily, so chatter has to go. Will be looking for a heavier one.
Downshifts with it are extatic, revs are insanely fast, perfect for race cars or people who don't mind chatter at idle. (btw, for those who don't know, it's not the flywheel that chatters, it's the loose gears in a tranny)

Flywheel is still in the car, but i am sure it's in perfect condition as i never abused the car. Had it on since end of last April and the car is summer only, so no more than 10,000 km of mostly highway driving on it (to and from work).

AFAIK It should fit all e36s including M and excluding the 4 potters.
It's a feeler for now so i am taking offers (by PM please)
might be selling the M3 clutch (good upgrade for 325 and 328) and pplate with it as a package deal, with same mileage on it.

Thanks
Alex

Boots R
06-18-2007, 04:45 PM
Have you tried switching to a different brand transmission oil? I know Greekthang had some chatter with his clutch/pressure plate, but he put in some other stuff, and the chatter was gone.

Medeiros
06-18-2007, 09:01 PM
whats the transmission oil that was used? I am having the same problem

archrival
06-18-2007, 09:52 PM
any idea how much ud be looking for?

static
06-19-2007, 12:03 AM
guys, please PM me with questions
collecting offers right now, not desperate to sell

i tried UUC's recipe (mix of gear oil and ATF), redline MTF and synchromax. The latter is the best for shifting (smoothest), redline was crap and stinks, UUC's mix quieted down tranny just a bit but impossible to get in gear when cold.

cheers
Alex