PDA

View Full Version : No responses in the for sale section!

felixthecat6
06-08-2007, 02:00 AM
Why you don't have this enabled baffles me..you just get ppl kicking tires and making stupid comments and hijacking ppl's threads...
serious buyers will contact the seller through PM,and tire kickers and comment whores will have to look elsewhere...this is the only forum i frequent that has responses to FS adds enabled..
care to set that right?

e36_freak
06-08-2007, 02:30 PM
alot of forums i go on allow reply's in the for sale section. i find sometimes ppl dun check their msgs

propr'one
06-10-2007, 04:45 PM
I think we should just ban people who harass everyone's FS threads. Sometimes though, people ask valid questions that other people who can consider buying an item will want to know the answer to. I think its fine the way it is, the problem here is with the lack of maturity of some people on the board, not the permissions on replies in the FS section.

Sneaky
06-12-2007, 01:05 AM
I think people who dont post prices mileage should have their threads deleted.

off topic: but i hate how alot of ppl in the For Sale Section overrate their cars....I see people with 94 325's with 280k asking for like 9000. I mean I understand its their choice but...common we've all heard of auto trader. Its just a waste of time seeing these outrageous prices especially when you really looking for a car.

PedroBMW
06-24-2007, 09:59 AM
I think we should just ban people who harass everyone's FS threads. Sometimes though, people ask valid questions that other people who can consider buying an item will want to know the answer to. I think its fine the way it is, the problem here is with the lack of maturity of some people on the board, not the permissions on replies in the FS section.

I 100% agree with propr'one. The mods should try and monitor the FS section closer and delete the BS posts. Its so frustrating trying to sell something here. But I agree its still nice to see other people's questions to get some more insight into what you are buying.

Sneaky: I think that comments like that are the exact problem. Its not your business to be judging how appropriate someones price is. Its their sale and they can choose whatever price they wish and if its to expensive than it won't sell, that's it. They don't need the peanut gallery's comments. And just FYI, I sold my 92' 325is with 200,000km for $9500 and the new owner was very happy with it. So maybe some of these prices really aren't that outrageous after all :)

Gamite
06-24-2007, 05:25 PM
We do have a policy about bashers in the FS section, if you guys use the "report post" button, we can filter these people out. There are so many threads there, sometimes we don't get to see them all.

Sneaky
06-24-2007, 06:04 PM
And just FYI, I sold my 92' 325is with 200,000km for $9500 and the new owner was very happy with it. So maybe some of these prices really aren't that outrageous after all :)

LOL.........you found a sucker. jk

And as tempting as it is to be an asshole in those for sale section....I keep my comments to myself. I mean, its better other people get suckered then me or people I know.

BigD
06-24-2007, 07:43 PM
I agree that smack talking is uncalled for and the forum has a good policy against that. Furthermore, I think our mods are good at cleanup. The problem is what many sellers think is smack, isn't. When someone says what you're selling is a piece of shit or that the seller is an asshole because he's from Scarborough, that's smack. But if someone says this is insane and the item is worth at most X, as can be found here <link>, that's called good advice. I know a seller trying to gouge uneducated people is going to be unhappy but the rest of us won't be.

If you want no negative comments about your sale, then be reasonable, or go pay AutoTrader or whatever and list it there. Here, someone trying to sell a 325i for 9 grand or tarde one for a Skyline, will get the comments they deserve (and the undeserved ones will be cleaned up). I'm all for that. We protect our own, so if someone wishes to fish for suckers, the forum owes them nothing and they are free to try to do so elsewhere.

PedroBMW
06-25-2007, 10:58 PM
I agree that smack talking is uncalled for and the forum has a good policy against that. Furthermore, I think our mods are good at cleanup. The problem is what many sellers think is smack, isn't. When someone says what you're selling is a piece of shit or that the seller is an asshole because he's from Scarborough, that's smack. But if someone says this is insane and the item is worth at most X, as can be found here <link>, that's called good advice. I know a seller trying to gouge uneducated people is going to be unhappy but the rest of us won't be.

If you want no negative comments about your sale, then be reasonable, or go pay AutoTrader or whatever and list it there. Here, someone trying to sell a 325i for 9 grand or tarde one for a Skyline, will get the comments they deserve (and the undeserved ones will be cleaned up). I'm all for that. We protect our own, so if someone wishes to fish for suckers, the forum owes them nothing and they are free to try to do so elsewhere.

many reasonable for sale threads have been ripped to shit by a bunch of losers who aren't even interested. I am not against some constructive info added to the thread, thats absolutly fine. Its great when people chime in and comment and clear up things like what vehicles a particular part will fit on, or where software can be purchased to utilize a particular mod that is for sale. However, what I usually see is more like "don't buy this you can find it cheaper here" or "I wouldn't pay that much" or "my cousin's friend's uncle's brother got one of these for $XX less than this one time". This stuff is not constructive, you are bashing someones sale. This is a FOR SALE section, not a discussion section. How would you like it if you were trying to sell your house but random guys kept intersepting all you potential buyers and shit talking it before they rang the door bell. All I have to say is if your not interested or don't have useful information stfo of someone elses thread because there are many other places on this board to discuss parts and cars etc. but FS is not it. People just need to remember sellers are not asking for your personal opinion abou there stuff, they are interested in selling it.

And Sneaky: I didn't find a sucker. My old e36 was on autotrader with all the other e36's in ontario (and yes there were same year and mileage of vehicles for thousands less). The buyer saw all those other cars, but after seeing mine he realized that it was way cleaner than any other he'd seen and was exactly what he was looking for so he was very willing to pay my asking price. I didn't have to trick anyone, he was an informed buyer. However if 10guys were standing beside the phone ranting that it was to expensive when he was calling me I doubt he would have even come to see it and realize it was exaclty what he was looking for. And this is what happens on this forum.

King Luis
09-08-2007, 02:35 AM
i'm starting to use the report post button.
having people post something that kills your sale is the worst. even when i've dropped the price on a 4 month old laptop over $1000.:mad: *uzi*