PDA

View Full Version : FS-2000 Yamaha BWS50 scooter

felixthecat6
06-04-2007, 04:08 PM
2000 Yamaha BWS50 scooter with 8800kms for sale in the Cambridge area
Asking 1500$ certified
I bought this to get to school cheaply but ended up getting a brand spanking new Riva 125 from my family for my birthday:) so this one is going
Was just certified so the list of new parts is:
Michelin tires front and rear
Brake pads
Mirrors
And was resprayed in flat black with some decals added.
This bike has a very peppy 50cc 2-stroke engine and gets around 75mpg(costs 5$ to fill it up).Great for just running to the store or zipping around town.You could also use it as an enduro due to the good suspension and large tires.
The only issues with the bike are scratches here and there and a 3" crack in the front plastic(not bad),and the electric start only works when it wants..not a big issue because it starts first kick.
If you want something super cheap to get around on ,this is it!
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/FELIX-THE-CAT/PHOT0011.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/FELIX-THE-CAT/PHOT0012.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/FELIX-THE-CAT/PHOT0017.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/FELIX-THE-CAT/PHOT0014.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/FELIX-THE-CAT/PHOT0015.jpg

sirex
06-04-2007, 04:20 PM
oh man that is pimping

Boots R
06-04-2007, 04:27 PM
oh man that is pimping
lol if you're in highschool.

felixthecat6
06-04-2007, 05:25 PM
lol if you're in highschool.or you like the fact that fill ups only need to be done once every two weeks and only cost 5$,you could pay your insurance on it with pocket change,and theres no such thing as a traffic jams when your on one of these...And parking is free anywhere downtown T.O
just to name a few more..;)
This kind of ride isn't for insecure ppl who care to much what others think...its cheap,fun transportation

oldskool3
06-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Do u mind me asking how much insurance ran you and your age (relevant for insurance.)

Boots R
06-04-2007, 09:34 PM
or you like the fact that fill ups only need to be done once every two weeks and only cost 5$,you could pay your insurance on it with pocket change,and theres no such thing as a traffic jams when your on one of these...And parking is free anywhere downtown T.O
just to name a few more..;)
This kind of ride isn't for insecure ppl who care to much what others think...its cheap,fun transportation
Oh, no doubt. Not knocking your sale either.

*th-up*

felixthecat6
06-05-2007, 02:39 AM
Do u mind me asking how much insurance ran you and your age (relevant for insurance.)
Never had this one on the road,but my 2007 Riva 125 costs me 97$ a year and im 28 and have 2 other vehicles insured with them
so it should be a bit less than that on an older 50cc bike I'd imagine
It's going to be based on a lot of factors(driving record,coverage,other vehicles through same company and tons more)
But it'll be stupid cheap either way

328iInt.o
06-05-2007, 04:57 PM
do you actully drive one of these in the middle of the lane? like you would a car? or do you drive this on the side of the road like people on bicycles?

M3ti Compact
06-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Reminds me of my old pimpmobile
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=206672

Also let me remind everyone of this scooter's tuning potential. The BWS is essentially the "Honda Civic" for aftermarket scooter tuning- it's the one that started the scooter tuning craze and has massive amounts of aftermarket support.

My scooters MODS
Giannelli Sport Cee exhaust
Malossi Multivar
Malossi Clutch springs
Malossi Kevlar drive belt
DR Upgear
DR 70cc Hemi cylinder (12hp@8000 rpms)
Electric handwarmers
Tigershark tachometer
Max speed: unknown- buried the needle at bottom of the speedo casing.

Also now, free parking at all Toronto run parking meters and lots.
2.8L/100kms

felixthecat6
06-05-2007, 11:17 PM
That is a sweet BWS!
little wheelie machines aren't they ;)
Before i got the Riva,I was going to tune this one to the tits like yours.
i love the fact that they are actually really good off-road
Cheers

etam
06-07-2007, 06:16 PM
how bad was the damage? all scratch up? and the crack you mentioned? and the ownership is still in previous owner's name?

felixthecat6
06-07-2007, 08:28 PM
was dropped on its side twice at about 5 kph by my GF...its been sanded and repainted since and the cracks are minor and only on the front panel..

1250$ takes it,need the room
This sucker is certified and ready for the road

djeurofest1
06-07-2007, 10:38 PM
whenever you see a guy on this thing... i don't care how cheap it is.... it looks really gay!

felixthecat6
06-08-2007, 12:47 AM
whenever you see a guy on this thing... i don't care how cheap it is.... it looks really gay!Gay as you might see it.We'll have our house paid off in October of 2009,and both me and my GF riding scooters(she has a 2006 Honda Rucus) for 8 months of the year, is a good contributing factor to that..
I'll check back with you in 2009 while you're still living in your mom's basement or renting a shitty apartment,and tune you in on why those "gay guys that ride scooters" would ride them...then maybe you'll get it
$220k 5 year mortgages aren't for flashy ppl
Cheers

vegabass
06-08-2007, 01:00 AM
man i want this soo bad, but i am short a few hundren:( . It be sweet for me to use to school.

felixthecat6
06-08-2007, 01:03 AM
man i want this soo bad, but i am short a few hundren:( . It be sweet for me to use to school.
Perfect for students bro..cheap insurance and you could give someone a ride home for 5 bux and fill your tank for 2 weeks on that :D

vegabass
06-08-2007, 01:09 AM
man i would love this, but i just have 800 right now which i saved from last year, so its my spending cash. I gotta save up for school, and if i have anything left over i can put it towards this if its still there. Unless you are feeling kind in ur heart to give me a summer toy which i can really enjoy now.

felixthecat6
06-08-2007, 11:05 AM
sorry man...if i didn't need to be crunching pennies so hard, I'd do it..but i just cant cut it that short on this bike at this time

djeurofest1
06-09-2007, 11:45 AM
ya... i rather enjoy of life... also you donno me and i donno what your talking about... living in my moms basement.
pics of my car are up on max somewhere... and i prob spent 1/3 of the value of your house on it alone... and i don't rock a scooter like yourself to afford it
i also have a mk3 jetta diesel... its a cheap car... you can get it around 3 grand and 40 bucks lasts me 1000 kms... and i don't look gay driving it... and its a car... i can take it everywhere!
mind you i'm only 21 and how old are you?

felixthecat6
06-10-2007, 11:24 AM
ya... i rather enjoy of life... also you donno me and i donno what your talking about... living in my moms basement.
pics of my car are up on max somewhere... and i prob spent 1/3 of the value of your house on it alone... and i don't rock a scooter like yourself to afford it
i also have a mk3 jetta diesel... its a cheap car... you can get it around 3 grand and 40 bucks lasts me 1000 kms... and i don't look gay driving it... and its a car... i can take it everywhere!
mind you i'm only 21 and how old are you?What does that mean? ive spent 1/2 of the value of my house on weed and booze when i was in my teens..
Riding on 2 wheels is a lot more fun than doing it on 4..this thing is cheap and fun,and that's it...if you're under the impression that owning one would suddenly plummet you into a world of taking it in the ass and handing out blowjobs to other men,then you have some security issues to work on.

vegabass
06-10-2007, 01:10 PM
is the scooter in the GTA?

gtiperf
06-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Hi is it still available? Im looking for a pit bike and all we have for budget left is 900.00 and i can offer you some A1 repairs on your vehicles if they need work.I am licensed technician.Cheers let me know maybe a trade?:idea:

felixthecat6
06-10-2007, 08:11 PM
The scooter is in Cambridge,but i don't have a problem delivering it to T.O for 20$..

Trades eh..hmm...the only trades i'd be into is for guns or a quality mini-mill.
But if you're just looking for a pit bike,those 110cc dirt bikes available at Daymak and Allwheels are perfect for that and are about 799$ brand new.They are chineese,but for the amount of use a pit bike will see,they should last http://www.daymak.com/bikes-toronto/main.html?mainint.html&2

gtiperf
06-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Whats the best you can do?Pm me
Cheers.

felixthecat6
06-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Well I've sat here and pondered it for awhile...
And I'd just be dumb to let it go for anything less than 1200$..
So that's the bottom line on this bike and pretty damn reasonable considering it's certified

felixthecat6
06-25-2007, 07:40 PM
BUMP 1100$ certified

vegabass
06-25-2007, 08:06 PM
did you get my PM?