PDA

View Full Version : DASC dealer in Canada?

montius
05-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Does anyone know anywhere to get a Downing Atlanta supercharger in Ontario, or Canada for that matter? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Cris

Quack
05-30-2007, 11:40 PM
PM BMW_7, he might have some info

montius
05-30-2007, 11:41 PM
thanks!

thinair
05-31-2007, 01:04 PM
I don't know of any either. To be honest, it may be cheaper to swap in a 2.5L engine than get the supercharger, and you'll get more out of it. You can pickup a used 2.5L motor for like $1000 and have 190hp once installed, or +200hp with a few cheap mods.

The advantage to the supercharger is that you'll see keep all the motor weight behind the front axle, but unless you're at the track A LOT, you'll never notice the difference.

montius
05-31-2007, 04:21 PM
The car is primarily used for autox and track days, and the neutral handling was the main deciding factor in getting the 318. The 325's just push too much with the front end for my tastes. I also love the feeling of boost, its so addictive.

Cris

thinair
05-31-2007, 04:31 PM
The pushing/understeer can definately be tuned out with sways and/or camber adjustments. My car is actually the opposite, it's tail happy (which I've done on purpose for autox).

All stock e36's, 4 and 6 cyl understeer when pushed to the limit, BMW designed them that way. I have a 318is as well, so I know how they handle.

propr'one
05-31-2007, 07:21 PM
^^i have seven bmw's, so :P

jeffrie
05-31-2007, 10:45 PM
Does anyone know anywhere to get a Downing Atlanta supercharger in Ontario, or Canada for that matter? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Cris

No suppliers, their built on sight in Atlanta and they have had problems latly with some of their suppliers resently slowing production down, So you may have to wait if in a hurry if not resolved yet.

Best bet is to mail it to a friend in the U.S. and sneak it across the boarder, or take a road trip and have it mailed to a shop that'll do the install for you then drive it back home.

Ohh to add for Thinair's comparison on have owning both a 328 & a 318.
A SC'd 318 still retains their fuel milage after despite having 210 HP and 200Ftlbs and using it all, unlike a 6pot which is pretty good if you drive like grandma but unfortunatly drink the juice when you drive like most of us do on the auto-X.