PDA

View Full Version : Sixsixone Fullface DH MTB Helmet NEW

M3ti Compact
05-06-2007, 02:26 PM
I got this new and I used this for one day (3 runs) only.

It was my first time and I ruined the bike, but managed not to hit the helmet. The helmet is essentially in as new condition- only worn once. XL size.

Got it new for $120, asking half that, $60.

I'm told Sixsixone are amoung the top of the line when it comes to DH MTB helmets, which is why I got one.

98Dinan3
05-07-2007, 12:30 AM
It was my first time and I ruined the bike, but managed not to hit the helmet. The helmet is essentially in as new condition- only worn once. XL size.

What the hell happened????? You OK?

thinair
05-07-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm interested, do you know the name of the model and the production year (should be on the Snell or Ansi certification sticker)? Sixsixone makes a few full face helmets.

M3ti Compact
05-07-2007, 03:08 AM
I'm not sure of the name, but the stickers on the inside says the model is a DH304, manufactured 06/2003 and meets US CPSC safety standards.

edit: Through some internet searching, I think it's a Full Bravo, but not 100% sure.

M3ti Compact
05-07-2007, 03:15 AM

What the hell happened????? You OK?

did a jump, didn't go fast enough, but fast enough to take some good air...landed on the flat part with both wheels at the same time, blew both front and rear suspension, warped the rims, and bent the seatpost back.

it also has to do with my cheap $500 sport chek bike with XC shocks with a total of 2 inches of suspension travel, whereas everyone else there had $5000 superbikes

BMW BMXer
05-07-2007, 05:44 PM
wow thats a really good price.

Too bad I already have a fully. Bump for you though.

FuryriderX
05-07-2007, 06:48 PM
did a jump, didn't go fast enough, but fast enough to take some good air...landed on the flat part with both wheels at the same time, blew both front and rear suspension, warped the rims, and bent the seatpost back.

it also has to do with my cheap $500 sport chek bike with XC shocks with a total of 2 inches of suspension travel, whereas everyone else there had $5000 superbikes

dang man. hope your alright! but now you know why good bikes cost the money. where did this happen? i dh/freeride at blue mountain (collingwood) quite often, and every once in a while i'll see someone with a sport chek or crappy tire bike hitting up the trails. i always feared for their lives, now i know why.

but back on topic, i have this exact same helmet in red. its very very nice. its not a motorcycle/car helmet (not ansi or snell certified) but it kicks ass for biking.

bmwm5lover
05-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Too bad my bro bought one not too long ago, otherwise I'd be at your door.

thinair
05-07-2007, 10:20 PM
What are the chances of you coming out to the Woodbridge meet this Friday? I'm really interested, but I need to fit it before I confirm/buy it.

M3ti Compact
05-09-2007, 10:42 AM
sure, where is this meet and what time will you be there?

thinair
05-09-2007, 11:08 AM
At La Paloma in Woodbridge (NW corner of Hwy 7 and Weston). I'll be there at about 9:30-10pm. If that doesn't work, I can probably meet up with you somewhere on Sunday evening.

thinair
05-12-2007, 02:09 AM
sold! :)