PDA

View Full Version : Chalk up another one for the good guys: RMP

lmnop88
05-05-2007, 03:40 PM
First experience with RMP today and it's as good as everyone says. I love that place. Mark and Rocco are super easy going guys. They go beyond expectations. *th-up*

Just had standard maintenance stuff done
- Inspection 1
- oil
- tranny oil

oh.. and my first mod!
- CDV removal (it's not a night and day difference as some people say, but it's definitely a lot easier to modulate now.)

Probably get some sort of short shifter installed by them as well soon *rockout*

Thanks guys!

RMPMOTORS
05-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Thank you for the comments. I knew you would like the way the car drives with the CDV removed! :D

Rocco *th-up*

kerisabe
05-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Rocco forgot to call u this morning! Slept in. Ill call u Monday morning! Great job as usual guys!

notjoe
05-10-2007, 12:03 PM
I remember when rocco did my CDV Delete. It was a great mod *th-up* *th-up* *th-up* *th-up* *th-up* *th-up*

lmnop88
05-10-2007, 05:06 PM
I remember when rocco did my CDV Delete. It was a great mod *th-up* *th-up* *th-up* *th-up* *th-up* *th-up*

It sure is! I'm already itching to do some other "minor" stuff. I used to be all "stock is just fine with me..." And now... this can't be good :P haha.

I'm itching to pull the trigger on a the UUC EVO3 SSK. *angel*

330ci05
05-13-2007, 06:02 PM
It sure is! I'm already itching to do some other "minor" stuff. I used to be all "stock is just fine with me..." And now... this can't be good :P haha.

I'm itching to pull the trigger on a the UUC EVO3 SSK. *angel*

man you should get that, it's SICK, but make sure you get the DSSR with the SSK..... i just got my DSSR i'm just waiting for few more parts to get here then i'll be back at RMP *th-up*

lmnop88
05-14-2007, 11:35 AM
man you should get that, it's SICK, but make sure you get the DSSR with the SSK..... i just got my DSSR i'm just waiting for few more parts to get here then i'll be back at RMP *th-up*

ohh... damn you!! You're not helping by this *uzi*

hahah.

Yea, I'd get the DSSR for sure (even though I'm not really sure what it does but everyone says it's better with).

Not that I need to or anything, I'm looking to sell my xbox360 soon anyways, so I'll prob get it then. Damn, but I have so many other things I want to buy *sad*

Did you find the EVO3 to be really stiff in the beginning?

EDIT: I just went and read up on the DSSR on the UUC site. All makes sense to me now :P

330ci05
05-16-2007, 08:16 AM
ohh... damn you!! You're not helping by this *uzi*

hahah.

Yea, I'd get the DSSR for sure (even though I'm not really sure what it does but everyone says it's better with).

Not that I need to or anything, I'm looking to sell my xbox360 soon anyways, so I'll prob get it then. Damn, but I have so many other things I want to buy *sad*

Did you find the EVO3 to be really stiff in the beginning?

EDIT: I just went and read up on the DSSR on the UUC site. All makes sense to me now :P

yeah, like it, do u have a 5 or 6spd, the only thing is when i put it into 6th it's kida wierd and not straight down like every gear, it has a curv, i think the ppl that did the instal at first did it wrong(i wish i new RMP then!!) so when i put in the dssr will take a look at that, other then that i love it, it's nice and short *love*

btw, take a look at e46fanatics, UUC has some specials there, they had one if u buy a ssk you get a shift nob for FREE.....

lmnop88
05-16-2007, 07:38 PM
yeah, like it, do u have a 5 or 6spd, the only thing is when i put it into 6th it's kida wierd and not straight down like every gear, it has a curv, i think the ppl that did the instal at first did it wrong(i wish i new RMP then!!) so when i put in the dssr will take a look at that, other then that i love it, it's nice and short *love*

btw, take a look at e46fanatics, UUC has some specials there, they had one if u buy a ssk you get a shift nob for FREE.....

Good to hear that things got worked out for you. I just have a 5spd *sad*

Thanks for the info *th-up*

I'm debating whether I should order from the US or Canada. Always fear the shipping man and his brokerage fees. Hold me :(

330ci05
05-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Good to hear that things got worked out for you. I just have a 5spd *sad*

Thanks for the info *th-up*

I'm debating whether I should order from the US or Canada. Always fear the shipping man and his brokerage fees. Hold me :(

order from US and ship it to US address and drive over ...... the dssr is so small, just put it in ur jacket or something and claim just the ssk and u'll pay gst and pst on it and ur on ur way back *wave*

lmnop88
05-17-2007, 11:43 AM
order from US and ship it to US address and drive over ...... the dssr is so small, just put it in ur jacket or something and claim just the ssk and u'll pay gst and pst on it and ur on ur way back *wave*

I see I see. Good to know. I can see it at the border crossing now, "Sir, what do you have in your pants?"

"er...." *angel*

haha.

Hey man - I keep forgetting to ask you. So, did the SSK lower your shifter height? I've seen images where it lowers it quite dramatically. I don't know if I'd like that.

lmnop88
07-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Gonna revive one of my old threads.

Some of you guys are probably going to think I'm nuts, but here's what happened.

Went and got my windows tinted by a shop that's been mentioned on this forum before. Coincidentally, my sunroof shade got busted. Not sure if it was just one of those things that just happened or if the tint shop was responsible, but now I had a busted shade.

Supposedly, it's fixable under warranty. Call around dealerships. Pain in the ass to book appointments, arrange a car or ride to work.... then it's not even guaranteed that my car will get fixed that day. What a pain, since I know it's a quick job, but I just don't have the tools for it.

Couldn't stand having the thing busted, so I went and bought the parts. Went to RMP. They did the job in 30 minutes. DONE! SO WORTH the extra few bucks. Can't stand dealing with stealerships.

RMP gave me a great price and amazing service, as ALWAYS .... ANNNDD... now I'm rocking some stickers on my car! haha. I never thought I'd see the day that I'd have stickers on my car!!

Thanks to RMP and the boys!!

Rocco - I hope you're feeling better and things work out with your 5er.

notjoe
07-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Gonna revive one of my old threads.

Some of you guys are probably going to think I'm nuts, but here's what happened.

Went and got my windows tinted by a shop that's been mentioned on this forum before. Coincidentally, my sunroof shade got busted. Not sure if it was just one of those things that just happened or if the tint shop was responsible, but now I had a busted shade.

Supposedly, it's fixable under warranty. Call around dealerships. Pain in the ass to book appointments, arrange a car or ride to work.... then it's not even guaranteed that my car will get fixed that day. What a pain, since I know it's a quick job, but I just don't have the tools for it.

Couldn't stand having the thing busted, so I went and bought the parts. Went to RMP. They did the job in 30 minutes. DONE! SO WORTH the extra few bucks. Can't stand dealing with stealerships.

RMP gave me a great price and amazing service, as ALWAYS .... ANNNDD... now I'm rocking some stickers on my car! haha. I never thought I'd see the day that I'd have stickers on my car!!

Thanks to RMP and the boys!!

Rocco - I hope you're feeling better and things work out with your 5er.

Ah, that was you i saw there! Your car is looking sweet, i wanted to fondle it but i didnt think you'd like my prints all over it :)

lmnop88
07-17-2007, 11:23 PM
Ah, that was you i saw there! Your car is looking sweet, i wanted to fondle it but i didnt think you'd like my prints all over it :)

haha... ohh... so, that's YOU with the crazy project e36 + LS1 engine?! (I'm sure I got those details wrong :( )

Nah... it's just a regular 325 with the usual sport + prem. Nothing special :P