PDA

View Full Version : New Street Legal Blue Halogens!

djcontra
02-04-2002, 10:45 AM
Maybe i've been locked in a closet somewhere for many days and weeks on end but i just heard an ad on the radio for these new bulbs by Osram Sylvania.

They're a new line called "Cool Blue" and they're supposedly street legal, and dont comprimise your light output at all! Finally a known manufacturer designed a bulb that is supposed to live up to OEM standards.

Here's the link:

Osram Sylvania "Cool Blue" Halogens (http://www.sylvania.com/auto/cool/)

djcontra
02-04-2002, 10:56 AM
yeah there are alot of lights you can buy with a blueish tinge to them but that tint actually comprimises light output and makes visibility poor. I'm actually surprised that a large company like sylvania came out with these and made them work without those downsides to them.

They also made another type of bulb which looks even better now that i read up on it:

Sylvania Silver Star bulbs (http://www.sylvania.com/auto/silverstar.htm)

i'm just not sure how street legal they are =)

Gamite
02-04-2002, 05:15 PM
Super white's dont ever really come out the way I like them, I've been looking for those "cool blue" ones forever, does anyone know where to buy them? I'm going to do the 9005 conversion on them when I get em.

SickFinga
02-04-2002, 10:40 PM
I just got em from Canadian Tire Steeles and Yonge
one 9005 for 11.96 (sold out)
two 9006 for 23.93 (in stock)
Didn;t try them yet.

Bliss
02-04-2002, 10:43 PM
I also had the eurolights on my E36 and they didn 't reduce lighting at all, and were really good looking imo. It did have a blue tinge, but not so much that is decreased visability.

braindamage
02-04-2002, 10:56 PM
I have these on my car. Go them after both low beam eurolites burned out within three days of each other (lasted just four weeks):mad:

The blue halogens is not as bringht as the eurolites but they are fine for me.

Bliss
02-04-2002, 11:01 PM
hmm, i had the eurolights on my car for about 2 years and now i switched them over to my foglights on my E46 and they are still good. :P

djcontra
02-04-2002, 11:20 PM
are we talking EUROLITES? or EUROLIGHTS?
cause i absolutely shudder at the sight of anything made by toucan products like eurolites. I've heard good things about eurolights though.

Bliss
02-04-2002, 11:26 PM
its the EUROLITES, sorry. Yeah they were really good to me i guess.:)

Gamite
02-04-2002, 11:53 PM
I just got some 9005 Cool Blues today.. I'll test them tomorrow.

thinair
02-08-2002, 01:47 AM
Kinda of topic, i bought the sealed beam variety of the Cool Blues (H6054) for my truck, really white, no blue or yellow at all, stock brightness.
I'm going to return them for an H4 conversion to allow me to use real lights.

BTW, don't buy 50W halogen reverse lights at Canadain Tire, I did and they're less bright then the 27W regular 1156 bulbs. And they're $10 each.....

Gamite
02-08-2002, 01:48 AM
I tried the cool blue for my car, very bright, but not bluish at all, in fact you can see yellow in them.. I'm dissapointed.. I guess I'l have to use them for super highbeams now.

Bliss
02-08-2002, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Gamite
I tried the cool blue for my car, very bright, but not bluish at all, in fact you can see yellow in them.. I'm dissapointed.. I guess I'l have to use them for super highbeams now.

Hey Gamite! I noticed your lights while you were driving on the highway today. Very nice! From far they look like you got the HID's. They look really good.

SickFinga
02-08-2002, 09:01 AM
Bliss< I had them on my car too, nothing special, it's still yellow, but it's a bit less yellowish than my previous bulbs

Bliss
02-08-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by SickFingas
Bliss< I had them on my car too, nothing special, it's still yellow, but it's a bit less yellowish than my previous bulbs
maybe if you're close up to them, but from far i thought they looked good.

djbeemer
02-08-2002, 02:12 PM
i have Phillips BlueVision H1 in my lights they are VERY VERY VERY
super bright white i have em for both low and high beam..
made a hell of a difference from my stock headlights
they are also streetlegal in the states and here in germany

Gamite
02-09-2002, 04:29 AM
I'm not using those cool blue bulbs, I took them out cuz I didnt like how they looked

I use high beam 9005 eurolite bulbs, cut out the guide and stuck em in my low beam sockets.