PDA

View Full Version : eurospec m3 in gta

jeremy
12-28-2002, 04:22 AM
http://www.trader.ca/Autoforum/Default.asp?Trader=1&CAT=1&adid=2461253&dContact=46174&VLot=/Autoforum&ADS=2461253%7C&SRVlot=1&SRslts=1&q1=%3D+1&c1=%40category&q3=%3D+688&c3=%40makeid&q4=%3D+38670+or+%3D+17418&c4=%40modelcode&q5=&c5=%40adcopy&q6=%3E%3D+1980+and+%3C%3D+1994&c6=%40year&q7=&c7=%40askprice&mknm=688&mdnm=M3

Jon@Bimmersport
12-28-2002, 04:29 AM
thats randy's dads...the same one we took on the niagara cruise..

jeremy
12-28-2002, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
thats randy's dads...the same one we took on the niagara cruise..

seriously ???

randy-why's your dad lettin' it go ?

EMPOWERD
12-28-2002, 05:19 AM
He traded it in for a new Porsche 996 Carrera. I think it was a wise decision.

beemerboy
12-28-2002, 05:31 AM
wow.... :huh?:
Did he get close to the 47,000 there charging fori t? lol

Spartiatis
12-28-2002, 05:38 AM
In my opinion, I think that he should have kept the M3. I dont really like porches. I dont really like the new body. The euro spec M3 is sweet. Love it!

EMPOWERD
12-28-2002, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by beemerboy
wow.... :huh?:
Did he get close to the 47,000 there charging fori t? lol

Well, I can't really say. It was a trade in so he's automatically saving on the taxes (only pays tax on the price difference). The asking price may be a little high, but the car is more exclusive than the average Euro, Autoforum is really waiting for the right person to come along... they aren't in a hurry to sell it.

EMPOWERD
12-28-2002, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Spartiatis
In my opinion, I think that he should have kept the M3. I dont really like porches. I dont really like the new body. The euro spec M3 is sweet. Love it!

I agree with you somewhat. I too am not a fan of the new 996 design (I think it looks too much like a soap bar!) BUT!... you really have to drive one to appreciate it. It is so far ahead of any BMW that i've driven (except the Z8 maybe) in every way... comfort, handling, power/weight, acceleration, braking, driveability fit/finish. I'm not bashing Bimmers, but remember.. you always get what you pay for. I was very surprised when I took it out for the day, changed my whole perspective on new Porsches.

Jon@Bimmersport
12-28-2002, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by empowerd
I agree with you somewhat. I too am not a fan of the new 996 design (I think it looks too much like a soap bar!) BUT!... you really have to drive one to appreciate it. It is so far ahead of any BMW that i've driven (except the Z8 maybe) in every way... comfort, handling, power/weight, acceleration, braking, driveability fit/finish. I'm not bashing Bimmers, but remember.. you always get what you pay for. I was very surprised when I took it out for the day, changed my whole perspective on new Porsches.

whats the HP and weight on his carerra..cuz i remember the eurospec from the cruise, and it flew! i remember once i didnt expect a hard pull, but u downshifted to 4th when racing bimmersport and it was a PURE rush..maybe cuz i never been in a car that powerful compared to those tin cans..

EMPOWERD
12-28-2002, 06:13 AM
whats the HP and weight on his carerra..cuz i remember the eurospec from the cruise, and it flew! i remember once i didnt expect a hard pull, but u downshifted to 4th when racing bimmersport and it was a PURE rush..maybe cuz i never been in a car that powerful compared to those tin cans..

The Porsche has 14 Hp more, a large motor (3.4L vs. 3.0L) and weighs 318lbs less overall. The thing that I noticed most is the acceleration difference between the cars at speeds above 180km/h.... the 996 accelerated a lot harder and doesn't let down until the 250km/h range when the bimmer starts to slow it's pace around 220km/h.

Jon@Bimmersport
12-28-2002, 06:35 AM
The Porsche has 14 Hp more, a large motor (3.4L vs. 3.0L) and weighs 318lbs less overall. The thing that I noticed most is the acceleration difference between the cars at speeds above 180km/h.... the 996 accelerated a lot harder and doesn't let down until the 250km/h range when the bimmer starts to slow it's pace around 220km/h.

i dunno man, i remember you took it way passed 220km! but with the power, AND weight advantage..i can see how the porsche is better...its 2s right, not 4s? next spring it'd be kool if you could take me for a lil run in it!

mkgino
12-28-2002, 07:15 AM
How is the condition of the Euro M3 u used to own now?? I mean did u beat on it Randy? Basically, would you buy it knowing how its been driven?

EMPOWERD
12-28-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by mkgino
How is the condition of the Euro M3 u used to own now?? I mean did u beat on it Randy? Basically, would you buy it knowing how its been driven?

Beat on it? LOL. What's wrong with you guys? I'm getting the impression you never rev your cars over 4000rpm. You should drive Hyundai's.

MKGino, let me get this straight. I know the complete history of that EuroSpec (from day1) and it has never been tracked (not even autocrossed) because of the nature of the owners (all older gentlemen driven). The ONE day my dad actually lets me take the car out for a drive (he's very protective over his cars) I "beat on it" because i've hit speeds over 200km/h?

Honestly... have you ever gone over 140kmh? Why do you even drive a Bimmer? Do you know what these cars are designed to do? You should go to Germany and see how they are "beat on" everyday on the autobahn to and from work. Opening up the car for ONE DAY is probably good to clean out the carbon. I was hardly beating on it. I do know this: The car had Mobil 1 go through it every 3000km (religiously) and ever loose bolt or replaced item was done with original BMW parts at the dealership.

GR8 Ride
12-28-2002, 03:39 PM
Beat on it? LOL. What's wrong with you guys? I'm getting the impression you never rev your cars over 4000rpm. You should drive Hyundai's.

MKGino, let me get this straight. I know the complete history of that EuroSpec (from day1) and it has never been tracked (not even autocrossed) because of the nature of the owners (all older gentlemen driven). The ONE day my dad actually lets me take the car out for a drive (he's very protective over his cars) I "beat on it" because i've hit speeds over 200km/h?

Hmm...I'm gonna have to call BS on this one. "(not even autocrossed)"??? Hmm... I do recall being at an autocross in which your dad showed up, and if I remember correctly, you took his car around the track for a spin. I'll bet we can dig through the archives here, as I believe there are some pictures of that event on Max as well....

Regardless, I agree. Tracking and autocrossing these cars is hardly "hard on them". If anything, driving these cars on Toronto city streets is harder on them than driving them on the highway or the track.

Especially the Euro 3.0L motor, which doesn't make much power below 3500 RPM. If you short shift that car, all you're gonna do is clog the bugger up. The engine was designed (piston coolers etc) to run at high RPM, and likes life above 4000 RPM best.

Pat

bimmersport
12-28-2002, 04:19 PM
... I know the complete history of that EuroSpec (from day1) and it has never been tracked (not even autocrossed) because of the nature of the owners (all older gentlemen driven).

That's for sure...I remember when Chuck had this car for sale, the previous owner was an older gentleman (who didn't even want to sell the car, to begin with), and was very protective of his car. It's very rare to still find these cars in the good shape that this one is in...*th-up*

Randy, I'm still upset that your dad got rid of this car (being #1 and in the shape that it's in). He should have kept it and got the Porsche too!:)

bimmersport
12-28-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by GR8 Ride
Tracking and autocrossing these cars is hardly "hard on them". Especially the Euro 3.0L motor, which doesn't make much power below 3500 RPM. If you short shift that car, all you're gonna do is clog the bugger up. The engine was designed (piston coolers etc) to run at high RPM, and likes life above 4000 RPM best.

Pat

I totally agree (even though I don't track mine)...*th-up*

Jon@Bimmersport
12-28-2002, 04:35 PM
wait wait..so this means the euro 3.0L motor is designed to be revved high..which means, redlining it everyday you drive it is better for the engine than low rpm driving?

mkgino
12-28-2002, 08:46 PM

Honestly... have you ever gone over 140kmh? Why do you even drive a Bimmer? Do you know what these cars are designed to do? You should go to Germany and see how they are "beat on" everyday on the autobahn to and from work. Opening up the car for ONE DAY is probably good to clean out the carbon. I was hardly beating on it. I do know this: The car had Mobil 1 go through it every 3000km (religiously) and ever loose bolt or replaced item was done with original BMW parts at the dealership.

Sorry, I didnt mean to offend you Randy, I apologize. I was just wondering how it was driven, not if you abused it or anything. I would love to take my car over 140km/h but I havent found a good place to do it. I would like to take it somewhere away from the city and really open it up for some fun, but dont know where to go..........

EMPOWERD
12-28-2002, 08:49 PM
Pat. You can't honestly say it was autocrossed... that single fun-run I did after we all finished on Sunday was hardly called a run (all done in 2nd gear) knocking over 5 cones! My dad would kill me if he knew it was revved over 6000rpm... let alone do it while he's watching at the autoX.... he's weird that way. Now YOUR car can be classified as ASS-raped! LOL.

ROB89M3
12-28-2002, 09:54 PM
Randy,
did you tell autoforum that the transmission on your dad's M3
was replaced?

Remember how you told me that Bavarian screwed up on the tranny flush or something? :confused:

lol

I would've traded the M3 for a porsche any day of the week....

SpoolinS6
12-28-2002, 11:08 PM
i woudent have traded it any day because its #1 out of 45 its ganna be worth large man i the future! wow i wouldent have traden it straight up! i woudent!:eek:

Jon@Bimmersport
12-28-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by M_powered
i woudent have traded it any day because its #1 out of 45 its ganna be worth large man i the future! wow i wouldent have traden it as rab said any day of the week!

rob said he would...and the porsche is better for his dad, who is getting older and wants to roll in style, with the porsche...you have style, class, and more speed.

EMPOWERD
12-28-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
Randy,
did you tell autoforum that the transmission on your dad's M3
was replaced?

Remember how you told me that Bavarian screwed up on the tranny flush or something? :confused:

Rob, get your stories straight please... you of all people should know how to use the MaxBimmer SEARCH function well. It wasn't the M3 that he took to Bavarian Butchers (like i'd let him!) It was the 325is... here's the post (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=16264&highlight=terraclean#post16264)for proof.

GR8 Ride
12-30-2002, 05:30 PM
Pat. You can't honestly say it was autocrossed... that single fun-run I did after we all finished on Sunday was hardly called a run (all done in 2nd gear) knocking over 5 cones! My dad would kill me if he knew it was revved over 6000rpm... let alone do it while he's watching at the autoX.... he's weird that way. Now YOUR car can be classified as ASS-raped! LOL.

Hey, all it takes is ONCE to say it's been autocrossed.

Not like it's been hard on the car to do an autocross anyway.

And I wouldn't say my car has been driven that hard; it's what the car has been built for. I'd say the majority of street driven cars get far more abuse than a race car does; my car gets trailered over all those big potholes that everyone drives into.

Besides, I'm not the guy who rides every turtle that comes along....I try to keep all four wheels on the tarmac :madnoel:

I'm just wondering when you're going to give up on making videos, and actually come out to the track for a full weekend? *uzi*

You can't let Rob be one of the few Maxbimmer members who have actually been to Mosport recently? *angel*

Pat

ROB89M3
12-30-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by GR8 Ride

You can't let Rob be one of the few Maxbimmer members who have actually been to Mosport recently? *angel*

Pat

Hey if you think about it ,Pat's right....:D

Who else besides,M3ntal Kev,Got torque,Gr8 ride and myself have recently driven on Mosport?

Jon@Bimmersport
12-30-2002, 08:10 PM
Hey if you think about it ,Pat's right....:D

Who else besides,M3ntal Kev,Got torque,Gr8 ride and myself have recently driven on Mosport?

when did u last go? i could have sworn we had a maxbimmer cruise to mosport..

ROB89M3
12-30-2002, 09:31 PM
when did u last go? i could have sworn we had a maxbimmer cruise to mosport..

He means,Raced on the track you doorknob...:rolleyes:

Jon@Bimmersport
12-30-2002, 09:44 PM
He means,Raced on the track you doorknob...:rolleyes:

was that the time u almost ran your M3 into a wall? lol assclown

ROB89M3
12-30-2002, 09:47 PM
was that the time u almost ran your M3 into a wall? lol assclown

Yup,but I hardly lost control of the car,just fishtailed a bite...

(Good racers are always at the limit....) :D

SickFinga
12-31-2002, 07:14 PM
Randy's father's M3 was well maintained that's damn sure. He even had cloth over the seats to protect them!!! But i remember Randy once fishtailed it dong a U-Turn :D
All BMW designed to drive for a long time at high speed, damn they were designed for german autobahns.
#1 Euro M3, has a value for a BMW collector, how many BMW collectors do you know?? Any #1 euro m3 doesn't have that much of the value over any other euro m3s in Canada, because those cars are just like any other Euro m3s. Randy I saw your dads Porsche and damn I would traded that #1 m3 for that Porsche anyday.

Mudguts
01-01-2003, 08:33 PM
Rob, didn't you lift in the middle of turn 2?
MG

ROB89M3
01-01-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Mudguts
Rob, didn't you lift in the middle of turn 2?
MG
Matthew,
yes I DID lift off the throttle.I was already flooring it,so
my instructor said "easy,easy",so I had to lift.... :D

It wasn't as bad as people "made it out to be"....of course. :rolleyes:

M50E30
01-01-2003, 08:44 PM
Yup,but I hardly lost control of the car,just fishtailed a bite...

(Good racers are always at the limit....) :D

I was at Mosport that day. We (straight_6, empowerd, and I) heard that you put two wheels in the dirt/grass. I don't think "good racers" should be doing that when there is a concrete wall beside them.
*no-no*

BTW-Doing one driving school dosen't make you a "good racer" Rob! It shows the instructors how bad you are and they correct you. I'm also included in that when I decide to go. At least I can admit that I have bad habbits.

ROB89M3
01-01-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by M50E30
I was at Mosport that day. We (straight_6, empowerd, and I) heard that you put two wheels in the dirt/grass. I*no-no*

Absolutly not. I did not go into the grass/curb,but just into the "marble" area of the track.

Are we still on the "Mosport 2002" topic?? Geez... :D

M50E30
01-01-2003, 08:50 PM
Absolutly not. I did not go into the grass/curb,but just into the "marble" area of the track.

Yes we are on the Mosport issue still. And thats funny...we heard about that little "off" from a good source.

GR8 Ride
01-01-2003, 11:26 PM

I'm gonna have to raise the bullshit flag on this one Rob.

You absolutely did put a couple of wheels off....remember, some of us were there :D

Two wheels off isn't a big deal overall, as EVERYBODY will do it at some point in time in their track life. Just turn 2 at Mosport isn't generally one of the places you want to do it, as it usually results in bent metal.

It's a good thing you weren't going any faster, or that may have been the result.

As to the lift thing, yes, you entered a little hot, freaked out, and lifted. Ray then told you to put your foot BACK INTO IT, otherwise you WOULD have looped the car, and WOULD have bent some metal on it. Let's not revise history here....

However, I'll still give you credit for attending (though you need to do more....); it's more than most guys ever do.

Pat