PDA

View Full Version : M50 intake review

jameswbl
04-28-2007, 03:02 PM
M coupe S52 engine...

got the M50 Manifold installed last week...no trouble whatsoever...smooth install with the M50intake kit...even though its on a pricey side...but still cheaper than other kits...it saves me lots of time hunting for diff pipes, connectors and other tiny little things...and very very very detail installation instruction...I did modify some steps though...

but i broke a pintle cover on one of my injectors...:mad: so i had to order it from the States, as no one sells them in Canada...it came without hassle...and was a perfect replacement (except with diff colour and construction material but with same bore...called the injector place to confirm...they are one of the better ones in US so i trust their word)...and i had to remove the broken piece from the head...good thing it was just sitting there on top of a valve stem and i got it with a pair of tweezer...LOL :D

last week...the ECU is still trying to figure out the right fuel map and was a bit rough for ~3 min after start up...this week its perfectly settled in...

no real loss of toque below 3500k was noticed by my butt dyno...but tons more fun over 3500 where the engine would struggle to breath before...now its so smooth and powerful...havent noticed any degradation with fuel economy yet...but will keep an eye on it...and it looks perfect stock...it even makes a better growling noise with my stock exhaust...

total ~300 for kit and ~100 for used manifold...adds up to <500 for this upgrade...highly recommend for all S52 and M52 engines...*rockout*

now I ahve used S52 intake manifold for sale...and a M50 throttle body...

SpudBoy
04-28-2007, 06:42 PM
*smoke* Nice upgrade. Does the Butt-Dyno agree?

jameswbl
04-29-2007, 10:22 PM
butt dyno agrees...sweet above 3500 rpm...

SpudBoy
04-30-2007, 08:56 PM
butt dyno agrees...sweet above 3500 rpm...

nice*smoke*

Butt dyno tells no lies in the M coupe
:cool:

Oakvillez3
05-08-2007, 02:21 PM
does your car run on software or is custom tuned?