PDA

View Full Version : Need help on making Interior like "new"

tWeAkEr
12-27-2002, 06:45 AM
Hey, just wondering any procedures you guys recommend to redoing, cleaning and taking care of the interior of our e30s. My Dad really wants to see the car "back to the way he bought it"and he won't leave me alone with it.. I got a set of ADR stage IIs waiting on this so I just want to get it done. There is a seam rip in the rear right side seat.. the old threads pulled. It being black, you can see those "tanish" imprints in the leather.

Basically I'm wondering what treatments you guys recommend. what Can bring out the pure black color. I used Armoral and it brought back the shine, but im also looking to give it its younger look. Also the back of the front seats r scuffed up, do to my sister and I kicking the crap out of it when we were extremely young (5ish). If its better to replace the front seats, what OEM seats r the ones that have that (e36 m3 theigh pad).. you know that peace that seems to extend out underneeth your theighs?

Give me some feedback..

SpoolinS6
12-27-2002, 04:45 PM
well i dont no if this is true or not but nivea the hand cream or what ever its for penetrates the leather and maKes it soft and smooth try it out on something else old what ever and see how it turns out!

tWeAkEr
12-27-2002, 04:52 PM
lol hand lotion. k ill try it.

jeremy
12-27-2002, 04:55 PM
if its worn...than its worn...go to some interior shops and get some quotes on re-doing it...youc ould spend a lifetime trying to bring it back with all sorts of creme and junk....just my 0.02

Jon@Bimmersport
12-27-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by M_powered
well i bought this nivea hand cream, it helps a lot, especially when im talking to kennythegreat late at night on the phone *mw*

geez man, keep it to yourself!! lol jk

SpoolinS6
12-29-2002, 12:39 AM
eh JON winK winK the brave one WHAT got beef with me ill solve it no problem! :mad: !! fagget! go get ur self a vibrating broom fagget!

Dave 325i
12-29-2002, 03:15 PM
If the leather is all hard and stiff *shiner* you can try Leatherique.

http://www.leatherique.com

It's pretty expensive, but I've never heard a bad thing about it.

You can also try new leather seat covers from

http://www.leatherseats.com

Sport seats from E30s have the thigh support you're talking about.

Jase
01-02-2003, 03:07 AM
there is a company that sell kits to redo leather ..dyes and stuff. youcan sand fillcracks and other things I will see if I can find the web site