PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Need flared fenders

Slowered318
02-04-2002, 12:59 AM
I put a small dent my front fender!! :( I hate it when people park too close to me *devil* *devil* *devil* *devil*

I was thinking it's better to upgrade then repair so I was wondering if the E30 M3 fenders will fit a regular E30? If not does anyone know how I can flare the fenders more to fit a larger tire? I've seen this on E36 race bimmers.

Any ideas or pictures would help me out alot!

Thanks guys

Ryan

Slowered318
02-04-2002, 01:03 AM
M3pilot I don't want yours but maybe you could help me because were looking for the same thing. Also I think Motronix sells fiberglass M3 fenders if you wanted anything like that.

Slowered318
02-04-2002, 01:50 PM
Well the rest of the fender is in great shape so i would rather not replace it unless it's an upgrade. So maybe i just need a good metal smith to fix it up?

It's not easy keeping a 10 year old looking as good as new!

EMPOWERD
02-04-2002, 02:23 PM
Motronix sells the M3 fenders (fiberglass) for about $250/corner. You can go that way, or something cheaper is the 325ix fender flares that glue on to the originals (you also need the "ix" rocker skirt with that). The last option is to go to GOOD bodyshop and have them pull out your stock steel fenders and reweld the seams to have an overall 1.75" wider track. I've seen this done on an M5 and an E36 M3 and it looks awsome... most people don't even notice unless you tell them... both done by the same guy.... his name is Ron and can be reached here (leave message).... (416) 803-1284

MOTRONIX
02-04-2002, 03:02 PM
250.00 us funds randy or 420.00 cdn each fender.
the m3 fenders work ryan, but you have to match the back and then it gets expensive.
better to have thge repair done, its cheaper.

dave

EMPOWERD
02-04-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
Do you have any pictures of the cars(M5,E36 M3) with the modified 1.75" fenders? I wanna see what it looks like...

thanx

Rob,

Do you know "The Collection"? It's a place that sells cars on Finch between Keele and Dufferin on the North Side (same plaza as J.K. Honda Parts)... Anyways, for the longest time they had/have? a '97 Techno Violet Supercharged E36 M3 with Bone White interior and it had 18"BBS LM wheels on it with the flared fenders I was talking about... I do infact have pics of that car I took at Mosport somewhere in a photo album... gotta look for it and scan them. I'll try.

djcontra
02-04-2002, 03:49 PM
my father flared his fenders on his 1978 corvette by getting fenders from another dead corvette and had a body shop cut his off by a few inches, and fiberglass in the new fenders overtop of the old ones and blend it in. It's hard to explain, but it's kind of what empowered is explaining. I didn't know they could do it with metal though.

My father's corvette looked like some sick ass IMSA race car. THe tireson the car were w--i---d--e which i always thought was neat when i was a kid. Too bad he sold the car before i turned 16, otherwise i would have had some fun in it =)

we always called in the batmobile =)

EMPOWERD
02-04-2002, 10:47 PM
Rob,

That's exactly the car! Where'd you get that pic? Off the auto trader? Oh well, if they still have it... I suggest for anyone to just pass buy and look at it. That car is what I would do to an E36 if I owned one. Even the stereo system is perfect! (Kennedy HiFi). Too bad you can't really notice the rear fenders from that angle.

Slowered318
02-06-2002, 02:27 AM
Well thanks for the ideas *th-up* I'm just gonna leave it till spring when I might paint the whole car. The M3 fenders would look great but I would get a hard time from real M3 owners *no-no*

Randy what width are your wheels? I think a 7.5" would be more then enough traction for my :puke: 4 banger but i've always wanted to know how you get grip with that crazy motor in there!

Dave (motronix) *wave* didn't think you were on here.. want to buy a performance chip for a 318is??? it doesn't work well in my car. Make me an offer

Ryan

MOTRONIX
02-08-2002, 06:47 AM
hey ryan, yes im on here, just became a memeber..
ever thought of an m50 swap in your car???;)

dave

MOTRONIX
02-08-2002, 06:54 AM
that m3 was owned by a customer of mine, and then he moved back to hong kong.. that car was ****en fast.. i had modified the supercharger for more boost, and maintained the car for track days. the interior work was done by kennedy hifi, and talk about guages, this car had 'em all. *smoke*
i had tuned the motor and charger system and ran it on the dyno and picked up 333 rear wheel hp. :D REAR WHEEL.. close to 385hp+ engine hp. replaced the rear differential and alot of suspension work..
anyways, talking about the fenders, yes they were all modified to fit his 19" (when he had them on) BBC RC's
all 4 were flared out more to accept the wheels. nice job, but he didnt tell me where he got it done..

thanks

dave
*smoke*