PDA

View Full Version : VF Engineering and Blastech Automotive

speedemn
04-10-2007, 11:39 PM
I was on the VF Engineering website http://www.vfengineering.com/ looking at the local retailers for their products... to get some information on at least. I noticed that there is only one out of the 3 listed in Canada that has BMW listed as cars that they work on - this being Blastech Automotive in Ottawa http://www.blastechauto.com/

However on the Blastech website it seems like they are heavily involved in VWs... which does not make me too comfortable having them potentially undertake such a large project like a supercharger install on my 540!

Does anyone know anything or has anyone heard anything about Blastech Auto in Ottawa and their experience with BMWs?

Thanks.

Derrick
04-11-2007, 11:21 AM
If you noticed on the Vf site that the cars that they deal with are Porshe VW and BMW,most of the guys that deal or install this kit would only deal with those types of automobiles<GERMAN>My advice would be to go to the shops and ask how many of these chargers they have installed,and get references.The shop i delt with has been doing chargers for years,and all they deal with are VW BMW Porshe.As for the install its pretty straight forward,and your ecu gets sent to GIAC for programing,so basicly all the do is the install,then to fine tune it they have a dyno in the rear of the shop.Evolution Inc is the name,ask for Derrick or Carlos,Bruno is their head Mech,he worked on mine,Great bunch of guys.

notjoe
04-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Have rmp motors install the kit. It might save you a long drive.

speedemn
04-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Yeah I spoke to them about it... they are not familiar with the VFE kit specifically I don't think, but I was impressed with their work and attention to detail on my first ever visit to them.

Quack
04-11-2007, 10:09 PM
RMP & Bimmersport should be able to do it, it's a bolt-on system with no fabrication involved, they both know the M62 motor very well and should have no problems as long as they have the instructions.

Axxe
04-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Bimmersport did Neil's (JMW) VF Engineering install on his '97 M3.

98Dinan3
04-12-2007, 02:15 PM
I would think that any competent shop could install. It is a kit, and all the parts + instructions should be included. I would vote for Rocco or Charlie, as I know for a fact they both have some FI experience. I'd trust either one of them with my car. Dave

countrybimm
04-16-2007, 07:11 PM
i dont know if anyone has heard of Kristenson racing developments in lambeth, but ive dealt with them a small about and they seem to know there shit..they also do euro conversions on beemers to get them over 350 horse...might be worth looking into joe and praeban are the guys names...

JMW
04-17-2007, 08:43 PM
or bimmersport.....
lol

my car has the vf kit..and it fliessss son