PDA

View Full Version : who have Angel Eyes for their E36 in T.O. ?

braindamage
02-02-2002, 10:30 AM
Anyone in T.O. have them on their E36? Just wondering...

Bliss
02-02-2002, 01:07 PM
I still haven't seen any, although cyc ordered his for his E46.

djcontra
02-02-2002, 01:17 PM
nope havent seen it yet
but i'm sure we'll see it soon since it seems pretty popular all around now. I just can't afford the $1000 for them =/

i would be the first with them on my car if i could find some inexpensive ellipsoids

i'm to the point where i might just hacksaw my us spec lights, fit them on, and then epoxy the covers back on lol

braindamage
02-02-2002, 01:44 PM
Djcontra. If you can find a way to install them in US spec. lights, you ca make a killing. I really like them but not for $1000. Also, what will angel eyes be without an HID upgrade...another $1000. Too much, just wat too much for headlights.

cyc
02-02-2002, 03:15 PM
I still haven't seen any, although cyc ordered his for his E46.

I'm still waiting patiently for the release of the DDE (Daylight Demon Eyes) and the clip on version. *sleep*

The only problem I've now is the Angel Eyes would look better without DRL. Is there any way to disable DRL? (It's illegal to do so in Canada, right?)

330DTM
02-02-2002, 04:43 PM
For the E36's it's recommended that you have the European ellipsods before you put on the angel eyes. But definitely wait for the DDE versions of it to come out first. Clip on and no filing required, I think!

AzN_E46
02-02-2002, 05:42 PM
cyc,

maybe you can disconnect your regular DRLs and use the angel eyes as your DRLs*th-up*

Edit: and who gives a damn about legality, i think the angel eyes would do good enuf as DRLs. It might actually be legal with only the angel eyes.

cyc
02-02-2002, 11:37 PM
maybe you can disconnect your regular DRLs and use the angel eyes as your DRLs

That's what i'm thinking too. I've to look into how to disable the DRL first...

330DTM
02-03-2002, 12:14 AM
I think that's the purpose of Jim's DDE kits.

the DDE's are suppose to be brighter than the originaly released DE kit. Therefore it could be used as DRL's. I believe they use fibre optics over the led's and thus suppose to be brighter?!?

cyc
02-03-2002, 01:30 AM
the DDE's are suppose to be brighter than the originaly released DE kit. Therefore it could be used as DRL's. I believe they use fibre optics over the led's and thus suppose to be brighter?!?

Exactly! One could hardly notice the existence of DE (LED) during daytime and when lite with xenons. Jim P uses fibre optics in the upcoming DDE to replace the LED used in DE since fibre optics r significantly brighter than LED. In fact, the real angel eyes on the 5 series r also fibre optics. *th-up*

I believe the DDE phototype is done and Jim's going to trigger the production soon. Can't wait :D

Marita
02-03-2002, 01:32 AM
the DDE's will be brighter than the stock 5er...:D

cyc
02-03-2002, 04:02 AM
the DDE's will be brighter than the stock 5er...

Cool! So Marita u gonna upgrade ur future ride to DDE as well? :P

djcontra
02-03-2002, 10:14 AM
I disabled my day time running lights
i hated having my clear corners lit up all the time
they just light up when i want to make a turn and that's it.

illegal but i dont care, there's lots of illegal stuff on and in my car and i've never been hassled about it.

i have yet to have a cop pull me over for blue turn signals, hid's that look like i'm running 400watt bulbs, and 120watt bulbs in my foglights =)

not to mention my obnoxious exhaust system lol

i think toronto cops, or maybe scarborough cops have just given up. There are just too many ricers with illegal equipment on their cars they just dont stop anyone anymore

as for angel eyes that are visible during the day, that shouldn't be too hard to do.

Marita
02-03-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by cyc

Cool! So Marita u gonna upgrade ur future ride to DDE as well? :P

lol...im the spokesmodel...so there will be pics of me displaying them...maybe even installing them...

cyc
02-03-2002, 08:38 PM
I disabled my day time running lights
i hated having my clear corners lit up all the time
they just light up when i want to make a turn and that's it.

djcontra, did u just pull off the DRL wires or u got another way to disable them? Please educate me on this :)

lol...im the spokesmodel...so there will be pics of me displaying them...maybe even installing them...

Cool Marita :cool: so u'll be the DDG (Daylight Demon Girl) eh :D
Post the pics once u've got 'em *th-up*

djcontra
02-03-2002, 09:31 PM
i modified my bulbs so the day light running filaments dont come on.

M52_Alpina
02-05-2002, 12:22 AM
djcontra:

you dont have to modify your bulb to disable DRL.. just replace your DRL headlight relay with the US headlight relay, and it cost less than 20 dollars @ dealer.. as for E46s, you have two choices, i think you can do a US headlight relay swap (just like E36)OR get the dealer to disable your DRL, only the dealer can reprogram your headlight relay.. but i don't think the dealer would disable it for you because it is illegal.. :)

mkgino
09-04-2002, 11:42 PM
I have angel eyes check them out:

mkgino
09-04-2002, 11:44 PM

KIRASIR
09-05-2002, 12:29 AM
*no-no*

I can't believe you brought this VERY old thread back. :)

mkgino
09-05-2002, 12:31 AM
I was bored........*th-up*