PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger question?

Souvrain
03-19-2007, 08:51 PM
I have a 320i 1995

and planing on S/C project for this sumer .. just to see how much power i can get from a 2L straight six ..maybee nothig well i will see lol

So my question is : What turbine should be use on a small 6 like that ?

if anyone got good source im looking for new or rebuild or use .. looking in to 8 - 9 or maybe 10psi if possible !

and also a braket to hold the s/c in place ? and anything thats can related to this built ?!! anyway all help is welcome !!

thanks !

Furious
03-19-2007, 09:47 PM
i would probably direct a question like this to a company who deals and fabricates S/C's as its rare to see 320's S/C'ed im not sure of certain data.

JMW
03-19-2007, 11:07 PM
ive never seen it either

SickFinga
03-19-2007, 11:15 PM
Looking at average kits for 325 and M3, you get around 60% gain on 7psi systems. So somewhere around 310hp at the flywheel.

Id go with a same kit that they sell for 2.5 - 3.2 Everything would bolt up to your engine, but you will need to get custom software. Since USA never got 2.0l no one really has a kit for your engine.

You can run up 8 psi with not intercooler, anything after that you'll need some kind of cooling. With an RMS aftercooler setup you can run upto 12psi.

Souvrain
03-19-2007, 11:37 PM
thanks guys
really dont want a kit seriously .... DIY shit lol
just looking for the best turbine i can put (s/c) and maybe someone who can make me a braket ..??
deff looking for runing a intercooler i want to push it see i can it take .. s/c
anyway as soon as it blow i put a 3.0 :D could be long do !! BMW :D

Souvrain
03-19-2007, 11:40 PM
http://www.koperformance.com/BMW/turbo_superchargers/ESS/ess_e46_320_supercharger/ess_bmw_e46_320_2.0_supercharger.htm

they made one for the 320i e46 !! but its 7000$ **** that ...

Souvrain
03-20-2007, 12:02 AM
ived just check on ASA web site and waiting for the price tag of just the unit it self ! anyone got a idea ? im waiting for the awnser but its been a while ,,they are slow

Red_Liner740
03-20-2007, 12:40 AM
Turbine??

sorry

a turbine is a part of a jet engine/turbocharger that uses hot gases to spool a compressor up with...Superchargers dont have this...

for a 2L from centrifugal s/c u're looking at Vortech V1 or SQ, Paxton Novi 1000, smaller turbines...from eaton style, u're probably looking for a used supercharger from the GM 3.8L SC engine that went into GTP's

believe me, do your research....turbocharging is a whole lot easier and gains are higher

Souvrain
03-20-2007, 01:54 AM
yeah but dont want to mess with turbo .. so s/c is perfect for me .. DIY project ... ASA as a s/c unit for small six so im looking for this anyway just looking around as i say

next motor will be turbo ...price wise for now i think is the s/c turbo are expensive at the end of the line
no?

SickFinga
03-20-2007, 08:59 AM
believe me, do your research....turbocharging is a whole lot easier and gains are higher

SC'ing is much easier, but yes turbo has better gains.

Souvrain
03-20-2007, 12:40 PM
yup and easier to blow head, head gasket lol ...

singhters
03-23-2007, 10:23 AM
yup and easier to blow head, head gasket lol ...

I think I talked to you before on msn about your car as i said dude dont waste your money on sc'ing a 320 not when you have 200,000 + miles on it, its simply aint worth it money down the poo pan, save it and put it towards an m3 or 325,328, sure I have a 320 with chip, zorst, induction kit, BBTB and UUC pulleys to come and its not too bad at all pulls strong in all gears.

;)

JMW
03-23-2007, 11:33 AM
^^^+1

Souvrain
03-23-2007, 01:18 PM
yeah anyway if any of you is interested in the price of these supercharger check i out lol

ASA Ingenieurbüro GmbH

TM 12 2.326,72$

TM 12-hd 2.438,59$

lol man they are not cheap .. loll

but man i dont think im gona pass on the s/c because i want to put a s/c thats i could transfert later on a 3.0L ..so its just to burn the 2.0L faster faster FASTER !! lol

but at these price i going to think twice ... vortech are alot less expensive but look more complicated to make a DIY kit with

Souvrain
03-23-2007, 01:33 PM
anywya for the price of that s/c i can built me a mad turbo setup so .. im really in the process of ...waiting for summer lol i dont have a shop so .. im work outside

Furious
03-23-2007, 02:07 PM
FI is not cheap, like in the other thread about ebay kits, it seems like its an affordable project but in the end the cost will be just as much as a kit would have cost you. believe me ive seen it time and time again people spending so much extra to get things done proper. be very careful when choosing your routes and dont forget when you go with a kit, your going with a proven setup. id personally look into swapping your motor for a 325 (preferably non-vanos) and than start venturing into FI as im sure you can pick up a 2.5 for cheap and there is more options for the 2.5 in terms of compatability and tunning.

Souvrain
03-23-2007, 02:39 PM
yup thanks ! shur a 2.5 is cool .. but at europart where i pick my stuff for my car kind of a high end scarp ! lol anyway he got a 3.0 from a 330ci 6speed for 2000$ with 40xxxkm on it ... wonder want kind of a shitty swamp is that ! cuz for around 2000$ damn ...

he do a 2.5 for around the same price ... i know the guy well so he said he almost give the motor to me .. lol but as for the 2.5 or 3.0 i dont know ... wich one is better for turbo ..and the transmision to ? do the 6 speed gona take a turbo well .. i dont know that stuff if you can clear me up ??Thanks !

jeffrie
03-23-2007, 11:19 PM
3.0L with a 6 speed for 2 G's?
Come with the engine harness and fly by wire gas pedel as well?
If so you must know this guy well....

JMW
03-24-2007, 03:38 PM
the 6 speed out of a euro m3???

no point..the 6 speed is an over drive gear to save gase on the hwy

SickFinga
03-24-2007, 04:15 PM
3.0L with a 6 speed for 2 G's?
Come with the engine harness and fly by wire gas pedel as well?
If so you must know this guy well....

fly by wire :D

It's drive by wire, it's not a plane :)

Jon@Bimmersport
03-25-2007, 10:32 AM
the 6 speed out of a euro m3???

no point..the 6 speed is an over drive gear to save gase on the hwy

True, but mix it with a 3.46LSD and yyou have a close ratio 6speed tranny...better accelleration maintining top end speed. ;) Get one neil I can find you one.

Jon@Bimmersport
03-25-2007, 10:59 AM
SC'ing is much easier, but yes turbo has better gains.

Depends on your experience. Id say turbo is easier (and better to work on), its more spaced out...instead of the RMS stage 2 setup, its a bitch to work on.

My advice is do what furious said, we have a few non vanos going for cheap...we can ship it to you no probs. They have a lower compression ratio, dual valve springs, no vanos (easier for tuning), and also the cylinder walls are slightly thicker than the vanos counter-part and also the connecting rods are as, or thicker than E36 M3 if I recall correctly.

Furious
03-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Depends on your experience. Id say turbo is easier (and better to work on), its more spaced out...instead of the RMS stage 2 setup, its a bitch to work on.

My advice is do what furious said, we have a few non vanos going for cheap...we can ship it to you no probs. They have a lower compression ratio, dual valve springs, no vanos (easier for tuning), and also the cylinder walls are slightly thicker than the vanos counter-part and also the connecting rods are as, or thicker than E36 M3 if I recall correctly.

your correct, the reason the non-vanos is the boost happy of the e36 engines were because the rods were a thicker non tapered style. and the cyl walls were thick and strong.

Souvrain
03-26-2007, 07:43 PM
cool guys !! thanks for the advice you make me think twice .. the engine that is for sale is not a euro ! its supose to be a 330ci 2002 or ..newer ..anyway i dont because its just th emotor the car it self was wreck ..!but anyway till we have nicer weather i got time to think ! but continiu let loos yur mind ! thanks again !

Souvrain
03-26-2007, 07:43 PM
cool guys !! thanks for the advice you make me think twice .. the engine that is for sale is not a euro ! its supose to be a 330ci 2002 or ..newer ..anyway i dont because its just th emotor the car it self was wreck ..!but anyway till we have nicer weather i got time to think ! but continiu let loos yur mind ! thanks again !