PDA

View Full Version : adjustable rear lower control arm??

M52_Alpina
02-02-2002, 01:55 AM
The inner side of my rear tires are worning out pretty quickly.. i am now thinking of getting adjustable rear lower control arm. So i can dial out the negative camber at the back..

However, it is very expensive, 299US a pair :( do you guys think i should just get the less expensive rear camber kit (219US) from turnermotorsport instead? anyone have experience with any of these kits??

braindamage
02-02-2002, 10:15 AM
The adjustable lower arms is the only way to go if you have an E36. I have a set from Ground Control and they are very nice! It will give you more adjustment and a soild rear suspension. Factory lower rear arm are very weak compare to a soild metal bar setup.

M52_Alpina
02-02-2002, 07:48 PM
thanks for your reply :) well, where did you get your set? from the States? how much did you pay for it??

M52_Alpina
02-02-2002, 11:05 PM
by the way, my car is an E36 328is.. thanks!!

braindamage
02-03-2002, 01:32 AM
I got them directly from Ground Control. They list from $299 USD but I got a deal because of a pricing mixed up. Landed it and everything, it was close to $500 CAD. It should of cost a lot more. :)

The stock ones is like $130 CAD EACH!!! Unlike the others, (AA, Rogue, and BMP) it is NOT a do it yourself job. You have to remove the rear hub bushing with an special tool. Motoroinx have a set of their own prototype arms. Ask Dave about it.

M54TU Schnitzer
02-03-2002, 05:50 AM
Hey M52TU Alpina

Check this out.
http://www.rogueengineering.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RE&Category_Code=S

it's the adjustable rear control arm from Rogue Engineering.
The price is $259- US. But I think you should be able to talk to them and see if they can do anything to the price.

If you want to buy RE's control arm. I want to buy their flywheel, too. (soon...)
want to buy together and see if we can get a better deal?

take care,
M54TU Schnitzer

M52_Alpina
02-03-2002, 03:28 PM
M54_Schnitzer,

may be we can buy the lower control arm and the flywheel together and see if we can get the price down.. sounds good??

M52_Alpina