PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust is to loud!

BMW_M52_M20
12-21-2002, 04:30 PM
Well I really like the exhaust, but there is a fair amount of drone and it is very bassy. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I want to quiet it down?
Any suggestions?
Jay

WASABI
12-21-2002, 04:56 PM
Glad you like it jay! *th-up*

But give it a few weeks to settle in. The tone will change after a couple weeks. Bimmerpwr (Florin) thought the same thing (a bit on the loud side), he was gonna add extra resonators, but after a few weeks, he loved it.

If you think it's still too loud after a few weeks, add a resonator, should be less than $100 installed, but it may get too quiet.

post some pics, I want to see! :cool:

Gamite
12-21-2002, 05:45 PM
Brullen eh? Right now, since its cold, it sounds perfect to me. But in the summer, in the heat, it can get a lil annoying, thinking of putting some dynamat in.

BMW_M52_M20
12-21-2002, 06:08 PM
I will post some pics later today. I just kept my stock chrome tips (they made it more flush with the rear valence).

Yeah I think I am jumping the gun a bit, I just got worried because between 1000-3000rpm, it is very bassy. My dad drove it and thought it was very loud (but then again the old man doesn't like anything loud, well except for the intake, he loves that).

See I don't know if the resenators are inside my exhaust, because on the 328/M3 the resenator is on the pipe coming down from the cat, there wasn't one on mine.

Anyway, I will give it a chance to break in, and if it stays like this I will just add a resenator. I still really like the sound when I floor it, sounds really nice, it is just the drone from 1000-3000rpm and when I dump it into a gear at low rpm.
Jay

mkgino
12-28-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Jays_Arctic323is
I will post some pics later today. I just kept my stock chrome tips (they made it more flush with the rear valence).

Yeah I think I am jumping the gun a bit, I just got worried because between 1000-3000rpm, it is very bassy. My dad drove it and thought it was very loud (but then again the old man doesn't like anything loud, well except for the intake, he loves that).

See I don't know if the resenators are inside my exhaust, because on the 328/M3 the resenator is on the pipe coming down from the cat, there wasn't one on mine.

Anyway, I will give it a chance to break in, and if it stays like this I will just add a resenator. I still really like the sound when I floor it, sounds really nice, it is just the drone from 1000-3000rpm and when I dump it into a gear at low rpm.
Jay

Hey is your exhaust resonating with anything?? I want to buy some Dynamat but maybe if we bought it together we could strike a better deal? Group buy on dynamat!

Mickroz
12-28-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Jays_Arctic323is

Jay

hey,what is the partnr of ur K&N CAI?? i've looked for 1 at K&N site but the only thing i came up with was a air filter.