PDA

View Full Version : This just in, Forks Of the Credit is OPEN!!!

Hound
03-04-2007, 11:53 PM
I just got home from doing 4 runs threw the forks tonight. The road is pretty much unchanged except for the corkscrews which are repaved but still quite steep. Anyone down for a forks cruise this weekend or friday after the meet?

Boots R
03-05-2007, 12:18 AM
It's been open for a while. i was up there a few months ago. :confused:

JMW
03-05-2007, 12:19 AM
why wouldf it close??
its a road

dbworld4k
03-05-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm game for a weekend cruise/run. Let's get this rollin'

Boots R
03-05-2007, 12:23 AM
why would it close??
its a road
lol it was closed for maintenance in the spring/summer.

There were detours around the area that was closed.

Hound
03-05-2007, 12:37 AM
Who else is down? Also since I am planning the cruise/meet to performance world for saturday, how does either friday evening or sunday during the day sound? Friday could be meet at KK in sauga at around 6-7pm do a nice cruise have some fun then hit up Paloma for the meet there. Sunday we could meet at KK in sauga at around 11am, cruise and then hit up turtle jacks for some eats on the way back.

1. Hound
2. dbworld4k

This will be a Toronto Bimmers Event but you are all welcome to attend. And by all means please do.

STALKER
03-05-2007, 01:21 AM
tempting. Might join you guys just for the run. How do you get to the Forks from KK?

jbasden
03-05-2007, 01:27 AM
hey wat up im new to max.. do we gotta be invited to these meetings.. also i dont have an impresive bmw i got a 94 318i

dbworld4k
03-05-2007, 02:20 AM
I'm good for Sunday morning - Fridays might not be so good as most people have plans. Besides, apart from the Church goers, what else are you going to do on a Sunday morning?

Hound
03-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Ok here is the plan meet at 11am sharp at KK in sauga, we will wait untill 11:45 at the latest if those who are on the list below are not there. My cell is 647-234-5261 please call me if you are going to be there late but are still comming. Once 11:45am hits, we will leave KK and head for the forks. We will make a stop off at this Sunoco:

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i70/hound11/meetspot.gif

If that image is too small the location is on HWY 10 (Hurontario) between Bovaird and Queen Street. I believe it is on the LEFT HAND SIDE.

And wait for 15 minutes if at that time no one has called then we will roll out for the forks. Once there will will do as many runs as people want, if at anytime you want to meetup with us there please give the cell number above a call and let me know you are comming. At that time I will let you know where we are and im guessing we can meet you at the small town at the forks (the one at the 3 way stop). After our runs we will head back down HWY 10 and hit up Turtle Jack's for wings etc. and then head our seperate ways. This cruise is open to anyone, the more the marrier. Please add yourself to the list ONLY if you ARE going to make it (even if you will meet us at either of the waypoints) If you are unsure or are a 50/50 please make a post saying so but please don't put yourself on the list as I will go by it for the most part.

that said please copy and paste this list adding yourself:

1. Hound
2. dbworld4k

Meegis
03-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Is that a screen cap from windows 98? WTF?

Axxe
03-05-2007, 11:40 AM
There is a much more interesting drive up to the Forks. Everyone have fuel BEFORE you arrive.

Hound
03-05-2007, 12:32 PM
ok if you want to show us tomek, hit me up on MSN, that way I can change the post to relect that. Thanks *th-up*

Hound
03-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Is that a screen cap from windows 98? WTF?

No that is a cap from my PC at work it's running Win 2000 Pro on a workstation that is connected to a large network based in the states.

STALKER
03-05-2007, 03:21 PM
So how do you get to the Forks? Can't make out that map.

Ant118
03-05-2007, 03:41 PM
well weather depending i might come out.

propr'one
03-05-2007, 03:41 PM
if tomek comes, i'll come.

STALKER
03-05-2007, 06:56 PM
I might be going late in the afternoon with a few of my friends, so if you see a Blue BMW, a white S2000, and a Lexus IS250 cruising together, flash your HBs at us.

Seven
03-05-2007, 07:14 PM
So how do you get to the Forks? Can't make out that map.

Just go up Hwy 10, it's on the left once you get into Caledon, on the way up a hill (very descriptive eh?!) ... pretty sure it's marked with signage. ... I won't be there, but have fun, nice road.

I say we organize a cruise to Deal's Gap NC sometime :) ... 17 hour drive, but worth every second. *rockout*

Axxe
03-05-2007, 07:59 PM

Awwww, dank you. Hopefully if I finish work up at a sane time, I can come out.

Axxe
03-05-2007, 08:05 PM

Awwww, dank you. Hopefully if I finish work up at a sane time, I can come out.

Hound
03-06-2007, 12:24 AM
isn't that cute Ivan E-Loves you :P :D

Stalker, will do man. We will proly see eachother :D

tomek let me know what this route of your's is if you would be so kind :) *wiggle*

Dr. Flyview
03-06-2007, 03:43 PM
What are the forks?? Someone sell me a damn motor.

Boots R
03-06-2007, 03:47 PM
The forks are right before Devil's Pulpit, on the opposite side of HWY 10.

Here's a map of where Forks of the Credit road is.
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/5363/forksay5.jpg
Might I suggest all of you stop off at Flapjacks. They are literally 2 minutes before the entrance of the Forks, by an abandoned gas station. They serve amazing breakfast, and huge pancakes.

Also, everyone who is planning on going, I have had friends who have rolled cars, and even died in the forks from being over-confident. One even lost his head. Be careful. Don't **** around, unless you know what you're doing.

dbworld4k
03-06-2007, 11:38 PM
^ Yup, it's a deathtrap if you don't know what you're doing. Which is why I'd suggest you drive through there normally the first time to see the roads and blind corners/elevation changes. Even still, I'd be wary of driving aggressivley through there with other drivers right on my tail. As they say, it's not always you that has to mess up..... others could put you in danger just as easily.

Dr. Flyview
03-06-2007, 11:39 PM
Hmm come to think of it I think I've been there! I was there early autumn for a barbeque at the provincial park, and I think we went down that road but at one point we had to take a detour cause it was closed off...

Hound
03-07-2007, 09:19 PM
^^ yep sounds like it. The people who are interested in the performance world meet seem to want to do it sunday as there would be a better turn out then, sunday by the looks of the forcast looks like it will be nice out, but saturday says it's going to rain. It's up to you and me really dbworld, as we are the only two who are really down. Might I suggest that we do this either sunday evening, or move it till next weekend when things are a little bit better, as the weather is just starting to warm up now. Let me know guys.

Regardless if we go to performance world sunday Im gonna go there after as it is sorta on the way home from me. So if anyone wants to do a meet and cruise there at around 4pm let me know. By then too any rain or melted snow should be outta there. If the performance world meet goes ahead with saturday then disregard this post and

MEET THERE AS PLANNED SUNDAY MORNING.

THANKS

paul christians
03-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Do the "FORKS" when is nicer but that is me on this one....cheers...

Hound
03-07-2007, 09:24 PM
looked at the forcast, brampton will be +8 degrees on sunday and sunny sounds good to me :D saturday is +6 and "some showers"

paul christians
03-07-2007, 09:38 PM
this weekend is massed up now....WOW....

Hound
03-08-2007, 09:14 AM
well see the thing is, we only have 3 people including me who want to go, well 2 people cause tomek is not sure.

Boots R
03-08-2007, 10:03 AM
looked at the forcast, brampton will be +8 degrees on sunday and sunny sounds good to me :D saturday is +6 and "some showers"
Sweet. Who needs AM radio, when I have sean to tell me how it's gonna be in my area? :D

dbworld4k
03-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Hound, sound sgood to me bro. Keep me updated if the date changes.

Hound
03-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Sweet. Who needs AM radio, when I have sean to tell me how it's gonna be in my area? :D

Damn straight, who needs howard hussain anyways :D do you even GET AM or any kind of radio in the XL Sport? :P Or do you have to hold a clothes hanger out your window (if it opens) while you drive along, that clothes hanger is attached by wire to the deck isn't it :P

Hound
03-08-2007, 12:38 PM
OK LETS DO THIS SUNDAY EVENING, meet at KK in sauga at around 5pm cruise to the forks. After being there we can hit up Turtle Jacks for some eats if people would like to. Hopefully those who are comming to performance world will come as well.

Boots R
03-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Damn straight, who needs howard hussain anyways :D do you even GET AM or any kind of radio in the XL Sport? :P Or do you have to hold a clothes hanger out your window (if it opens) while you drive along, that clothes hanger is attached by wire to the deck isn't it :P
Umm, where to start. The van only gets AM/FM, the CD player part doesn't work, the windows don't go down, the coathanger is being used to hold the exhaust on, it's an all around POS. And yet I love it. It will make me appreciate my car more when I get it on the road :D

Hound
03-08-2007, 06:36 PM
^ true that. WTF it actually HAS a CD player????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paul christians
03-08-2007, 07:47 PM
OK LETS DO THIS SUNDAY EVENING, meet at KK in sauga at around 5pm cruise to the forks. After being there we can hit up Turtle Jacks for some eats if people would like to. Hopefully those who are comming to performance world will come as well.
so we all to P/W for 4 or 5 hours then to the "FORKS" not much a car show to me...WOW....I am going SATURDAY so see the and talk to reps and shit sorry everyone......

Hound
03-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Ok sorry guys I have tried to work this out but this just is not working. I am gonna relax here at home this weekend, I will proly go to the forks either saturday or sunday but as for organising this it's just too much of a pain. Have fun

paul christians
03-08-2007, 08:02 PM
^^what is up SEAN??I am saying is that SATURDAY is a longer day for P/W that is all man....oh **** man.........you can do this on SUNDAY everyone just relax man...it is like so what if I am with you guys,no one what go on SATURDAY,so there two groups that go then....WOW..now you know what meant by when I said WOW in that post...........see you all later too....in not a pain in ass at all....do P/W one day,the the FORKS the other day ...