PDA

View Full Version : Randy Sparre's Suspension Set-up?

bimrpwr
12-20-2002, 08:11 PM
I read on his Featured car article on DTMpower.net that he has OBX racing Coilovers and I think Bilstein shocks. I called OBX racing and they said that the only coilovers they sell are for BMW's 92-98 E36. So I was wondering if anyone knew if maybe he bought these and made them fit his car????? or is there a conversion kit for this because OBX definately doesn't have a part # for E30's any year or model.

If anyone knows if you can get coilover sleeves and springs for cheap let me know. The part for the E36's were only $200 shipped.

If anyone has Randy's Email I would appreciate if you could post it. Or Randy if you read this I would appreciate if you could tell me where you got the coilovers.

Thanks
Madison

beemerboy
12-20-2002, 08:22 PM
send him a PM...

ROB89M3
12-20-2002, 09:21 PM
THEY ARE ONLY FOR E36. Those that he has are just the sleeves and not a true coilover.There was some modifications done on his suspension in order to get them on...I'm not exactly sure on how to install teh E36 OBX coilovers on teh E30.That you have to ask Randy.
If you want a true coilover setup,then get the H&R coilovers or the KW coilovers.
Grond control has an application as well,and the good thing about this is that you can choose your spring rates. They use 2.25/2.50 eibach springs.These can be used with Koni Shocks or Bilstein sport shocks.

EMPOWERD
12-21-2002, 12:25 AM
I used to have the Ground Control set up but didn't like them much... I found the OBX to be much better ride for street driving (when most of us do 90% of the time). 2 years ago the OBX catalog/pamphlet said they made them for E30 & E36, so I ordered a set. When the box came it said E36 on the side of it, so after a phone call they told me it was the same part -- Oh well. The E36 set fit on just as easily.... the front sleeves slide over your strut and sit on your factory perch (I torched off my perch and welded the coil sleeves to my strut) and the rear sit on the E30 trailing arm just as they would on an E36 trailing arm.

BMW BMXer
12-21-2002, 02:18 AM
so e36 coilovers work on e30s? interesting

price range?

ROB89M3
12-21-2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by BMW BMXer
so e36 coilovers work on e30s? interesting

price range?

They're not really coilovers,but just sleeves....
You'd have to modify the front spring perch as well to let it sit properly.