PDA

View Full Version : New bill for Ontario (Please read)

SpikedLemon
12-19-2002, 11:37 PM
Please read the info on this site (I hope the link worked)

This is a new bill for Ontario which could render any modification done to your car as a mod for "racing" (read: illegal). There is a valid conscern that this could be abused by police.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=22&i=2462&t=2462

I think I'm reading the bill right. *thmbsdwn*

mkgino
12-19-2002, 11:51 PM
Hmm, thats good, looks like they cant pull me over for having NOTHING!!!! Oh man Im such a geek......

SpoolinS6
12-19-2002, 11:54 PM
holy shit thats garbage man but if u do internals they wont no what u have do they! hah!

piotrek636
12-19-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by SpikedLemon
There is a valid conscern that this could be abused by police.

You are right, I know some people who got pulled over for speeding and ended up with more than a speeding ticket.

2L8-IWON
12-20-2002, 12:03 AM
Gee this is rediculous. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

Well The Toronto Police have allready been scaming people for a while they have this "team" called "Pacers" which is supose to be about edjucating people about the dangers of racing. Yet it is nothing more than entrapment as they have under covers in souped up cars that trap you into racing or finding out where the races are. ANd well you geuessed it yeah well your racing you are being called in then just to make it look real they arest both and impound both your ride & the "COPs" then he turns out to do it all over again.

I only know this cause I had a prick from the Pacer Division ask me for "FINANCIAL SUPPORT" *shiner* :moon: but he went on to say about how he had allready gotten sponsors like Formula Honda, Wheels Direct, Flow 93.5, Pizza Pizza, Mosport and some other stupid performance shops.

But yeah I just said I would think about it and I will call him.. So yeah this would just make the Peel Regional Cops all hot and horny even more so along with Toronto Cops... Ahh well that is why I love my BM I traded my Rice Cooker in on a Real Car. Mind you I am still stuck with $6000/year insurance from all the tickets and the $10-12,000 in Lawyer Fees I paid... Huhhhh Depressing. Makes you wonder how they actually sleep at night??? Like how many of the bastards actually souped up their 57 Chevy or their Stang. Like it matters though, ah well nuf venting...

Lets hope it does not get passed. But thankfully "All Throttle NO Bottle" For me!!!

And I allready get pulled over for my lisc plate, gee this is really going to help!!! Thank goodness my car is all stock... Well sort ah. Just about, its really unnoticable unless you pull my engine apart... ahhh sh!t..... Hmmm we are going to see a SNAP-ON truck now with police lights,, "slow down --- pull over" *mw* *mw* :eek:

bimmerchop
12-20-2002, 12:09 AM
damn, that sux

niko_gt
12-20-2002, 02:52 AM
hahaha does anyone have any spare empty NOS tanks?
i'd love to throw a few in the trunk of my car and drive around.. maybe connect a hose to them to make it look like their connected. then when the cop tries to mess with me i'll be like "gotcha"

maybe not such a good idea.. but does anyone still have any? lol

Polish
12-20-2002, 09:49 AM
bill or no bill, im still doing everything to my bimmer my money can handle :madnoel:

Indecisive
12-20-2002, 07:00 PM
hahaha damns. sorry to hear that guys/gurls.

here in vancouver they started enforcing laws like that. they were pulling people over for having their exhausts too loud...it's ridiculous...but it was to cut down on street racing..cuz something like 5 pplz died in like a week because of street racing early in the summer. but now they've died down on it. I dont' think they enforce ir anymore..and if they do it's not much. so give it a few months b4 they stop enforcing.

thinair
12-20-2002, 09:28 PM
so what, we'll just have to do more subtle mods.....or outrun the cops......*no-no*
for those e36 320/3/5/8 owners, and m3 engine swap isn't noticable at all (by popping the hood) if you keep the regular 'BMW' valve cover instead of the 'BMW M Power' one. Keep your mods to noiseless internals mods (some ltw flywheels and cams add noise though).

Furious
12-20-2002, 09:54 PM
basically take it easy out there guys,, they are out to get us.. but if you driving cool. then no ones gonna bother you.. but on the other hand ,, some jerk off cop might pull you over for no damn reason, and then your screwed

M3_Styles
12-20-2002, 11:27 PM
absolute bullshit
these fuken dickheads have nothing better to do!!!

piotrek636
12-20-2002, 11:36 PM
I talked to my friend who owns a mark3 supra.

he said that people from supra forums are gonna write letters/emails to MP's or someone, I cant remember now, they want to be heard, they are planning to get signatures from all supra members and they will give their try to fight it.

Their goal is to narrow down the bill only to NOS banning and street racing prohibited, and leave other modifications alone.

qwk325
12-21-2002, 12:39 AM
guys i would not worry about it that much , the only thing on most of our cars that are really noticeable are our intakes, and besides do u think they are going to pull us over when u they see a civic with flames or other stupid stickers on the side of it lol , being a liscenced mechanic myself i know i will have fun with verbal arguments with the cops when it comes time for them to question me about things done to the car. *uzi*

tlaselva
12-21-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by qwk325
guys i would not worry about it that much , the only thing on most of our cars that are really noticeable are our intakes, and besides do u think they are going to pull us over when u they see a civic with flames or other stupid stickers on the side of it lol ,

Ur likely right about us not having too much to worry about.
It's the ricers that are going to get it.

Wondering if this is will negatively impact the weekend meets at the malls such as Weston & 7. Police now will have the power to search your car for 'prescribed substance or equipped with prescribed equipment', which seems could be interpreted to more than just NOS. It all depends on what is assigned to the 'prescribed equipment' list. We all know the field day the cops would have at one of those meets.

I almost pity the poor ricers.
But with the death toll lately attributed to street racing, legislation along this lines was inevitable. Make no bones about it. They will pass this bill. For every letter they receive from people like us denouncing the bill, there will be a dozen for it.

My main concern is if a cop on a bad day pulls you over, and decides he's going to take out his frustrations on you and your car that evening.........

braindamage
12-21-2002, 11:40 AM
Read all about it...

http://www.ontla.on.ca/documents/Bills/37_Parliament/Session3/b241_e.htm

StikiGreenZ
12-22-2002, 12:16 AM
Fill out a petition online at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/sect1722/petition.html

Hopefully that might help.

SpudBoy
12-22-2002, 01:06 AM
Notice how they do not say which prescribed substance, part or equipment. Is my fire extinguisher prescibed? They are commonly found in racing cars, so are shock absorbers and tires for that matter. I need a lawyer.