PDA

View Full Version : Some **** HIT MY CAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!

M3Pilot
02-01-2002, 01:07 PM
I went to see my mechanic who works on my car just around the corner from where i work.
I parked up and went inside, it's always busy there.
There was a couple of guys in the office he was talking too about some work he was doing on this guys Porcshe. And they left in his white pick up, Me and Colin(owner of the garage) started chatting.
After about 10 min he went outside to bring another car in, but it turns out that my car was blocking him in. He asked me to go move my car, so i walked out there and as I got to the drivers door I saw that the rear quarter was all
pushed in with 2 big white lines down it:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Colin asked me what was wrong cos he could see the look on my face.
He came round to have alook. Then said right leave it there and got on the phone to ring this guy back up who had just left in his pick up truck.
He said he new nothing about it but would come back down to have a look.
He arrived about 30 mins later and there was all red paint down the back of his truck and all white paint on my car. He must have hit it as he reversed out .
There was NO way he couldn't have knowen. But he admitted it was his fault and I have 3 witnesses to that fact.
He asked me what i wanted to do and that he knew a bloke that could sort it out and went and got him. I didn't like the idea of this as it was his mate and I have now idea what tis guys work is like.
He said it would be better that way as my car is old and the insurance would write my car off!!!!!!
I thought no way it worth too much to right off for the sort of damage there is and said I wanted to go through the insurance and then I can pick who I take it to.
So I got all his details got on to my insurance company and I know have to get a quote for the damage. I'm pretty sure it won't need a new quarter pannel but I'm still pissed off as it will never be as good as it was :( :( :( .
But the only good thing is that it was the side that needed some work anyway.
I was planning to get the paint work sorted but this has brought it all forward a little
I guess I will get the insurance to pay for the damage and hopefully a little of the work i want to get done too.
I've had better days.
I'll keep you posted of how much the damage is going to cost.and I'll get some pics too

theblue
02-01-2002, 02:07 PM
sorry to hear that... you did the right thing by going to your insurance company.

Gamite
02-01-2002, 02:30 PM
oh~no! Dude, sorry to hear what happened. I was reading the thread, w/o knowing who even wrote it, then u mentioned the car was red, so I looked down, and OMG its M3Pilots fresh clean M3!

I hope everything turns out good for you man!

Bliss
02-01-2002, 05:17 PM
Damn! sorry to hear that m3pilot. Your car will always be mint so don't worry about it. Just make sure to get it fixed at a respectible shop. I know how you feel, i went thru the same crap. :mad:

M3Pilot
02-01-2002, 09:18 PM
I'm just lucky that it was obvious who had done it.
I thought he was going to deny all knowledge about it. It took him so long get get there after we phoned him,I thought he was going to take all the paint off his car and come back and then saying it wasn't me look there is no damage to my truck.

I'm just gutted I know it's only a car and in the big span of things not very important. But I'm sure you guys are the same and all love your cars, thats why we come here and talk about them.

Gamite
02-01-2002, 09:38 PM
Pilot, if my car looked as good as yours, I'd be cursin left right n center..

djcontra
02-01-2002, 10:00 PM
Seriously
i know how it is
i had somebody hit my F355 kitcar once
cracked the front end to bits

(but i tore right through their honda accord like tinfoil! It looks like a fortune cookie after! =)

It happened 2 years ago at jane and the entrance to the 401, some goof pulled out a left hand turn RIGHT in front of me as i was going through the intersection on a GREEN light!

It scared the driver so much they actually ran off in a panic cause they though they hit a real ferrari! I ended up suing them and they ended up with a hefty fine and some jail time for
a) hit and run
b) driving without insurance
c) obstructing traffic
d) not reporting the accident

i got a nice sum of cash, and i was unharmed, but it took weeks before i got my car back, and now i have to keep it in storage because i can't afford the insurance anymore =(
(it's over $550 a month!!)