PDA

View Full Version : Eurostyle Design Inc, Ripping People Off

DriveItSideways
02-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Well i cant beleive what is happening, after doing business with Fil in the past ive had nothing but good experiences with him. Two months ago i purchased a transmission for my 93 320 from Fil. He informed me that the tranny he was selling me was from a 318, ok no problem... i specifically asked him twice through pm's if this tranny would work without a problem. He informed me that he spoke with Charlie at bimmersport and that he said it will work with "no problem", i expressed my concern and asked again if it would work, he reasured me a second time, then let me know that if i had any problems to just bring it back and he would refund me my money. Never once did he give me a time limit to bring back the part.
Low an behold, 2 months later im here installing this tranny (ive been busy with work thats why i had to wait so long to get started on it) and this thing will not work without modification. Where the slave cylinder bolts up to the tranny is completely different.
So having the reasurance that he gave me through pm and when i was at his shop, i call him up today to let him know that the tranny will not work. To my surprise he tells me he cannot take it back and if he can do anything about it he'll go half on it with me and give me $100, i paid $200 for the tranny.
This is not acceptable, he sold me the tranny under the impression that he would refund my money if i had any problems.. which i did, and also he never gave me a time limit of how long i could wait before returning the part.
This is very unaceptable, very unprofessional, and most of all down right wrong.
I never expected this from Fil, again we have done business transactions many times, so im not 2 sure why he would do this to one of his regular customers. Anyways even though its only $200 i will be taking Fil to small claims court, Unless Fil would like to refund my $200 or supply me with another tranny that will fit without modifications i will withdraw my complaint and return the tranny he sold me.
Im posting this for others to becarefull when doing business with this company, i dont want someone else being taken advantage of like i have.

Fil, i hope you find it in your heart to do the right thing.. im a straight up guy and i thought you were aswell. Lets take care of this in a professional manner.

5style
02-24-2007, 04:23 PM
umm i hate to be a bitch, but isn t it your responibility to see if it fits?

DriveItSideways
02-24-2007, 04:26 PM
umm i hate to be a bitch, but isn t it your responibility to see if it fits?

Actually im glad you asked, no its not my responsibility as a buyer. As a seller i have to make sure that im selling my product that will properly suit your need. If you bought a brake rotor from canadian tire and it didnt fit, are u gonna sit there and say "oh well i should have known it wont fit" ? i highly doubt that you are that stupid.

BMW_7
02-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Sorry to hear that this happened to you.. I don't know Fil that well but he seemed like an OK guy the few times I did business with him, although I feel that Luxtec and Bimmersport are more suited for the purpose....so that said I would probably go to them first, even if I had to pay a little more.

5style
02-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Actually im glad you asked, no its not my responsibility as a buyer. As a seller i have to make sure that im selling my product that will properly suit your need. If you bought a brake rotor from canadian tire and it didnt fit, are u gonna sit there and say "oh well i should have known it wont fit" ? i highly doubt that you are that stupid.

yes and no, if he was sure it was to fit, then i agree with you 100%. If he said it MIGHT fit, then you should of checked, eitherway, i hope it works out for the best.

BMW_7
02-24-2007, 04:47 PM
I think it's simply the fact that Fil said that he will take it back and didn't.

5style
02-24-2007, 04:48 PM
I think it's simply the fact that Fil said that he will take it back and didn't.

I missed that, ok blackout i agree with u 100%. hope it works out.

DriveItSideways
02-24-2007, 04:49 PM
yes and no, if he was sure it was to fit, then i agree with you 100%. If he said it MIGHT fit, then you should of checked, eitherway, i hope it works out for the best.

Not only did he reasure me that it would fit without any problems, he gave me a refrence from bimmersport (Charlie) that he said it would fit with no problems. Infact both of them were dead wrong. I will be posting up pics of the differences in the trannys, a mcdonalds clerk could tell you it wouldnt work.

EDIT: I called Fil back just now, he said he wants to go half on it with me, i would bring back the tranny and he would give me $100. What i cant understand is how that is half way? i gave him the inital 200 for the tranny, so now hes gonna give me 100 and then he can sell the tranny again for 200?? hes making a double profit on my loss, now this is making me even more fed up. Im still in shock that a max sponser who ive done business with would do something like this.

5style
02-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Not only did he reasure me that it would fit without any problems, he gave me a refrence from bimmersport (Charlie) that he said it would fit with no problems. Infact both of them were dead wrong. I will be posting up pics of the differences in the trannys, a mcdonalds clerk could tell you it wouldnt work.

EDIT: I called Fil back just now, he said he wants to go half on it with me, i would bring back the tranny and he would give me $100. What i cant understand is how that is half way? i gave him the inital 200 for the tranny, so now hes gonna give me 100 and then he can sell the tranny again for 200?? hes making a double profit on my loss, now this is making me even more fed up. Im still in shock that a max sponser who ive done business with would do something like this.

Youre in the green. Thats a shitty thing to do. Fil, do the right thing.

bmwm5lover
02-24-2007, 05:28 PM
I can't speculate much, I don't know the exact details, BUT,
Unfortunately, not many will take a part 2 months after you've initially bought it from them. Not even large stores like CT or other shops.
Anyway, I am sure you will work this out. Posting on Max is not the way to do it.

DriveItSideways
02-24-2007, 05:33 PM
Unfortunately, not many will take a part 2 months after you've initially bought it from them. Not even large stores like CT or other shops.
Anyway, I am sure you will work this out. Posting on Max is not the way to do it.

I run an auto repair shop, i have accounts with almost 20 parts suppliers, for example NAPA AUTO PARTS

I just returned a full stock of timing belts to them that were 5 years old, full of dust from sitting in my parts room all that time. I never returned them before because THEY TOLD ME HOW LONG I HAVE UNTIL I NEED TO RETURN THE PARTS
Fil at no point specified his company policy to me about part return time, this is his and only his responsibilty as a business owner.*wave*

edit: Posting on max is one of the best ways to get my point across, Fil told me straight out hes gonna play ball if i take further actions, this is his home court so here i am.

bmwm5lover
02-24-2007, 05:39 PM
This is a USED part, you are forgetting that. Most used parts are sold as is where is how is. Anyway, I am staying out of this, I just don't think its all Eurostyles fault. Regardless..
I am sure it will somehow get worked out.

DriveItSideways
02-24-2007, 05:43 PM
This is a USED part, you are forgetting that. Most used parts are sold as is where is how is. Anyway, I am staying out of this, I just don't think its all Eurostyles fault. Regardless..
I am sure it will somehow get worked out.

If its not Fil's fault whos is it? its my fault for trusting his word that it would work or he would take it back?? He gave me his word that this would not cause a problem for me and he gave me is word that he would return my money if there was a problem, he hasnt held up to his words in any way shape or form.

Nascar318is
02-24-2007, 05:46 PM
If I was in your situation right now, I would throw it up in the FS section and try to recupe your money.

M3Ab
02-24-2007, 06:12 PM
First of all, why didn't you get anything in writing? Although you may try to say an 'oral contract' is a contract, most judges would laugh at you if you were to bring something like this in front of them in small claims court (not that I'm saying you're going to go that route). So really, the blame lies on you. Stop whining about $200!!! He made you the offer to meet you half way, which I would say is fair, it's a used part and you being the buyer in today's day and age should have done the research yourself...CALLED THE DEALER PERHAPS??!?!?!?...to see if it would work.

I hate that guys on here act like bitches and try to ruin people's reputations over **** all. I don't know Fil, never met him, but he made you a fair offer, so take it or leave it.

Kal
02-24-2007, 06:21 PM
m3ab, that post was just dumb.

I'm going to wait til Fil chimes in before I comment .. lets hear both sides .. because from the sounds of it, blackedout is 100% not in the wrong here.

M3Ab
02-24-2007, 06:26 PM
How was it dumb?

1. The guy bought a USED transmission off of someone without a receipt or any type of written warranty.

2. He waited for two months to try and install it. When you buy something from a store with a 'warranty' or receipt they usually give you 60 days max to return it, and that's for new and not USED items. So I think Fil was being more then fair when he offered to meet him half way.

3. It's pretty lame how guys come on here and try to ruin people's reputations ie. the Bimmersport and RMP 'wars'. Time to grow up people.

staydown
02-24-2007, 06:28 PM
a mcdonalds clerk could tell you it wouldnt work.

So why didn't you ask a McDonalds clerk before you bought the thing?

you - "Umm can you gimme a number 4 combo, oh and will this tranny fit my car"

McD person - "no sir it won't, do you want some ketchup with your fries"

Personally, there is a level of expectation that when someone tells you that you can bring something back you have a obligation to ensure compatibility within a "reasonable timeframe", and 2 months isn't reasonable.

Kal
02-24-2007, 06:30 PM
1. You get a reciept when you buy used parts off someone?

2. Big deal he waited 2 months. The point is Fil said it was going to fit, right? right? right? He said it was going to fit, right? Lets get that point again, he said it was going to fit, right?

3. I know Fil and would defend him as I have had good experiences. But so far, in this case its going to be hard to stick up for him in this unfortunate situation.

BMW_7
02-24-2007, 06:51 PM
I think it comes down to human decency... We can all sit here and debate who is right and who is wrong, who needs to supply reciets and who doesnt.

But even if Blackout doesn't get shit for his $200 at least Fil will not get 50 more serious potential customers and there.... Both parties will be even. No need to get a court involved.

Heres an example. I went down to Columbus to see Chris from Understeer. I paid him like $500 deposit or so. Over email without seeing him or meeting him ever in my life. I arranged a time and date to meet up and pay him $4000 cash so he can install my supercharger..

When I went down there, he met me on time, took the money, got a friend to help him and insisted that I don't want my help. He installed it for me in a day and had me on my way before nighttime.

I mean SO many things could have gone wrong, he coulda not been there at all, so I would waste $300 or so in gas and hotel fees. and my weekend. He coulda not installed the kit for me, so I'd go home and have to seek alternative ways of dealing with the problem, etc etc.

Guess what, doing a good thing is not doing good to one person, it's good will come back to the society as a whole. While evil begets evil and what for?? To lose money, time and customers?

I've never had a business but even I know how to deal with people...Being nice is learned in kindergarten and there is a reason for that..

Boots R
02-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Wait, you got a transmission for 200 ****ing dollars!? I can't find one that's under 400.

Nascar318is
02-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Wait, you got a transmission for 200 ****ing dollars!? I can't find one that's under 400.

It's from a 318 though probablly hence the low price.

SickFinga
02-24-2007, 07:22 PM
IMO, coming back 2 month later is a bit too late to ask for a refund.

Also dont compare Napa to Eurostyle and returning belt vs returning a used tranny. Most stores dont accept stuff back after a month. I'm not surprised that Fil refused to take it back to be honest.

VSanj
02-24-2007, 07:28 PM
I have talked to fil a couple of times, currently in the process of buying some stuff off him.........he seems like a honest guy.

Im not sure if i would take back a USED part two months after i sold it to be honest with you....

Spartiatis
02-24-2007, 07:44 PM

Why is posting on max not the way to do it??

Deep 3.2TL
02-24-2007, 08:40 PM
'oral contract'

LOL...

It's VERBAL CONTRACT - What you wrote is just plain dirty...

And I think Fil should do the right thing here. I've had the exact same situation with customers of mine and done the right thing... It's only $200, but it's the principle...

Deep

Eurostyle
02-25-2007, 12:33 AM
Ok here is the 2nd side of the story.

Mike (Blackedout_E36) has been a good customer for about 4-5 years now, and it comes as a TOTAL surprise that he would say something like that! To say i feel backstabed is the least!

When i sold the transmission, i talked to Bimmersport twice, to make sure it fits his 320i, and Charlie confirmed it. The day Mike was supposed to pick it up (he didnt shop up the day before, some hospital stuff, i dont rememer). I had ANOTHER customer at Bimmersport needing the same part right away. I said NO, the part is SOLD TO MIKE (lost a customer right there). Good thing is Mike showed up this time and picked it up. I did tell him it would fit, and (as stated in my PM) TO BRING IT RIGHT BACK (keep word RIGHT BACK) if it doesnt. He said the car WAS SOLD, and he needed to install it the NEXT DAY. 2 months go buy with NO sign from him. He called me yesterday, saying it doesnt fit, whe i asked what was wrong, the said something was wrong with the SLAVE CYLINDER mounting, he said he would check and call me later. I get a call today, saying the transmission will bolt on the car, but the slave cylinder is different, at wich point I OFFERED TO GIVE him the 318 slave to make it work, he said NO I NEED MY MONEY. We had a long talk, on how it was a LOT of time, and i cant do that. But since i know him, i offer to give him a partial refund ($100). He starts beening technical about how i didnt state a time frame and he will talk to his lawer etc. I told him we'll work things out.
He calls a few hours later, asking if i can GIVE him the $100, but he keeps the transmisson, i said NO, i'm not going to just hand out money and not get anything back!!! (what king of RETURN policy is that???), to which he said i should thing of something that will be fair to both of us...30min later i get a call reguarding this thread!!!!

Eurostyle
02-25-2007, 12:44 AM
So to make this short;
-I offered to give him the part needed to work on his car
-I offered a partial refund
-waited 2 months to hear back from him (when i said BRING IN RIGHT BACK)
-I was willing to meet up with him and Charlie to see what the problem is

Here is what i have problems with;
-he said the car was sold, needed to install the next day
(who know if it wasnt installed, used and damaged???)
-Comes 2 months later (i dont knwo what happened to that part)
-Does not want to take the part (slave cylinder), why not?
-Starts threatning with lawers!

So in conclusion, i would have been glad to give him the money back, if he did come back right away!!! I have done so to many people, wheneve they had problems! But based on hia posts, i will not DO any of it, and will take all the legal actions needed.

Eurostyle
02-25-2007, 12:53 AM
Off topic, but it goes to show the lack of professionalism of Mike;
He came to look at my E30 for sale, liked it, said he was buying it and needs to find a dolly to tow it with, he told me he will call me Friday or Saturday. Guess who never got back to me!!! We had a verbal agreement, how about that!!!??? I didn't think of it much, since TONS of people do it, but now i am expected to do something he doesn't??? How about he completes the transaction as agreed!? Or at least let me know he is NOT going to!!!
This was very inconvenient as i was planning to put another car in its spot, which i pulled out of the shop, and its now stuck outside!

Spennie
02-25-2007, 12:53 AM
Having seen what Fil has had to say, I think blame has been horribly misplaced. From Fil's response and being in business myself, it doesn't make sense for Fil to have been such an ass about this issue as the op has claimed. In my opinion Fil has been very fair in his proposals to solve the problem, and the op is lucky that these have been presented to him. Unfortunately, all of us in business know that there are some customers that you cannot please regardless of the expense.

To the op: I totally disagree with bashing somebody in public here. From what I've seen and heard around the boards, Fil is a decent guy and an asset to the community. I don't know why you would come in here and try to damage his reputation thereby threatening his financial well-being, specially over something as trivial as this. I gaurantee if you took this to small claims court you would get nothing. Under government legislation an item has to be fit for the purpose for which its sold, but the buyer also has a duty to inform the seller of a problem in a timely manner.

If ANYTHING Fil should be sending you a letter from his lawyer saying to retract your statement. He could easily sue you right now, providing the facts he's presented are accurate, for potential lost revenue due to your tortuous actions in this topic.

I hope this doesn't cost Fil any business, I hate customers that try to pull crap like this. Problems like these should be solved reasonably, not by being a total jerkoff. If a customer did this to me in my line of business I would make sure they got NOTHING at ALL, just because they're being unreasonable.

Anyways, just my $0.02.

Ok here is the 2nd side of the story.

Mike (Blackedout_E36) has been a good customer for about 4-5 years now, and it comes as a TOTAL surprise that he would say something like that! To say i feel backstabed is the least!

When i sold the transmission, i talked to Bimmersport twice, to make sure it fits his 320i, and Charlie confirmed it. The day Mike was supposed to pick it up (he didnt shop up the day before, some hospital stuff, i dont rememer). I had ANOTHER customer at Bimmersport needing the same part right away. I said NO, the part is SOLD TO MIKE (lost a customer right there). Good thing is Mike showed up this time and picked it up. I did tell him it would fit, and (as stated in my PM) TO BRING IT RIGHT BACK (keep word RIGHT BACK) if it doesnt. He said the car WAS SOLD, and he needed to install it the NEXT DAY. 2 months go buy with NO sign from him. He called me yesterday, saying it doesnt fit, whe i asked what was wrong, the said something was wrong with the SLAVE CYLINDER mounting, he said he would check and call me later. I get a call today, saying the transmission will bolt on the car, but the slave cylinder is different, at wich point I OFFERED TO GIVE him the 318 slave to make it work, he said NO I NEED MY MONEY. We had a long talk, on how it was a LOT of time, and i cant do that. But since i know him, i offer to give him a partial refund ($100). He starts beening technical about how i didnt state a time frame and he will talk to his lawer etc. I told him we'll work things out.
He calls a few hours later, asking if i can GIVE him the $100, but he keeps the transmisson, i said NO, i'm not going to just hand out money and not get anything back!!! (what king of RETURN policy is that???), to which he said i should thing of something that will be fair to both of us...30min later i get a call reguarding this thread!!!!

VSanj
02-25-2007, 12:55 AM
^^Filip, you are totally right in this going by your story.............i think you went above and beyond what good customer service should be!!!

He wanted 100 bucks without returning the part.......what a joke!

Anyways see you next week, i have to order the rieger replica window spoiler......later!!

Eurostyle
02-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Sorry to hear that this happened to you.. I don't know Fil that well but he seemed like an OK guy the few times I did business with him, although I feel that Luxtec and Bimmersport are more suited for the purpose....so that said I would probably go to them first, even if I had to pay a little more.

I deal with Bimmersport on daily basis, and many of the parts sold/used by him are from Eurostyle!
*wave*

Eurostyle
02-25-2007, 01:03 AM
^^Filip, you are totally right in this going by your story.............i think you went above and beyond what good customer service should be!!!

He wanted 100 bucks without returning the part.......what a joke!

Anyways see you next week, i have to order the rieger replica window spoiler......later!!

I have been in business for 10+years because because of good customer service, i will go above and beyond to make people happy, but as we all know, there is ALWAYS someone who will be unhappy no matter what! It has happened to all the big businesses, including Bimmersort, Chucks, BMW dealerships etc....its part of the business and i guess i have to live with it...

hadesm5
02-25-2007, 01:31 AM
I don't see how this incident justifies "Eurostyle, Ripping People Off". *no-no*
First of all it was very nice of you to start this thread without Fil even getting any hint. Secondly, after reading Fil's post, I see his actions were 100% right.
Thirdly, Eurostyle is one of the best businesses that sponsers this forum, every purchase I have made from him have been great and did not have any problems. I actually bought my e30 from him, and feel it was the best deal I have ever gotten.

"Fil, i hope you find it in your heart to do the right thing.. im a straight up guy and i thought you were aswell. Lets take care of this in a professional manner." :confused:

Deep 3.2TL
02-25-2007, 01:47 AM
After reading Fil's side, and his generous offer to make it right be giving the OP the slave cylinder, I think Fil was very justified and the OP just got shot in the foot...

Deep

e36_freak
02-25-2007, 01:53 AM
after listening to both sides of the story i must agree with fil. he's been generous with his offers. he offered u a part that would make everything work for FREE!!! what else do you want?

-mike

paul christians
02-25-2007, 01:54 AM
Fil is a stand up guy,and when I read this thread I was like W.T.F Fil would never do that....

BMW_7
02-25-2007, 02:31 AM
Fil. While I do understand where you are coming from, if in fact you both are friends and Mike is a valued customer as I know, why would YOU make such a big deal about not giving him a refund? OK, sure the master slave cylinder is different but for one reason or another (even if everything was perfect) Mike decides to give it back to you. YOU said you will take it back if it will not fit. Now you say "NO". So you go against your word?

As far as I understand you refuse to give Mike a refund because

1. you think the transmission was damaged.
OK if that's the case why not inspect it and im sure if Mike and you go way back you will have some sort of trust in him. Am I correct? Also, since you had a potential buyer before hand, it is safe to say you can get a buyer now as well.

2. you think "time" make the transmission lose value?
Even though it is understandable, I really fail to see how this is an inconvenience to you. If we assume that the tranny is somehow damaged for sitting on a shelf or being installed then surely you can deduct him a smaller amount that is reasonable?

Perhaps you have something against Mike, maybe that's the case but then again the way I see it is the "customer is always right" type of deal and with threads like these word can get out to many new members and lurkers who have a possibility to be potential customers may look elsewhere

Good luck with the situation and now that you posted I can see the other side of the story it really helps to see the situation better !

Boots R
02-25-2007, 02:56 AM
Fil. While I do understand where you are coming from, if in fact you both are friends and Mike is a valued customer as I know, why would YOU make such a big deal about not giving him a refund? OK, sure the master slave cylinder is different but for one reason or another (even if everything was perfect) Mike decides to give it back to you. YOU said you will take it back if it will not fit. Now you say "NO". So you go against your word?

As far as I understand you refuse to give Mike a refund because

1. you think the transmission was damaged.
OK if that's the case why not inspect it and im sure if Mike and you go way back you will have some sort of trust in him. Am I correct? Also, since you had a potential buyer before hand, it is safe to say you can get a buyer now as well.

2. you think "time" make the transmission lose value?
Even though it is understandable, I really fail to see how this is an inconvenience to you. If we assume that the tranny is somehow damaged for sitting on a shelf or being installed then surely you can deduct him a smaller amount that is reasonable?

Perhaps you have something against Mike, maybe that's the case but then again the way I see it is the "customer is always right" type of deal and with threads like these word can get out to many new members and lurkers who have a possibility to be potential customers may look elsewhere

Good luck with the situation and now that you posted I can see the other side of the story it really helps to see the situation better !

I think it would also have to do with the fact that it seems like the OP had lied to Fil, stating that the car it was going on was sold, and he needed it the next day.

2 months > next day.

And also, if the part in question (slave cylinder) was wrong, and the correct fitment part was offered for FREE, then I see no problem in this.

Say I was to buy a playstation off of you, because I wanted to play it tomorrow, although the video cable to my TV wasn't the right cable (S-video instead of A/V). You said "if it doesn't work, bring it right back to me and i'll give you a refund". Time went by, and 2 months later I finally plugged it into my TV (what happened to me wanting to play it tomorrow?). I find out the cable is wrong. Nothing wrong with the Playstation. I call you up and tell you I want a refund. You tell me you will provide me with an appropriate cable FOR FREE. (perfectly good deal). I tell you "no dice" and I want either a full refund, or for half of my money back PLUS keep the playstation. Would you give me a full refund, even though I am being a unreasonable?

Eurostyle
02-25-2007, 03:30 AM
^^^Exactly my point!!!

Right now i have lost ALL trust/respect for Mike, and i have to question A LOT of the things said and done, (why i was told the car is sold, but now it wasnt for 2 months, and why he wouldnt take the part and just make it work). From the beginning to seemed he had his mind set on getting the money back, turning down every reasonable solution i had to offer!

In that case, i have to make it clear for EVERYBODY; whe it comes to used parts, you need a reason to return/exchange it! (a simple "i dont want it anymore" is NOT enaugh!!!) This is NOT Wallmart!!!

Also have to make clear that 2 months is NOT acceptable time for returns, never was, and never will be! I am sorry if Mike was left under the immpression it was, he works in a shop, and i didnt think i need to expain how the business works.

Gullwing
02-25-2007, 03:44 AM
dude, its a friggin slave cylinder ! just buy a proper new one or accept the one fil offered to give you. don't be so anal. When someone says a transmission doesnt fit , theyre not talking about a slave cylinder connection, theyre tallking about mounts and more serious issues. so i am 100% with fil on this one.

mkgino
02-25-2007, 04:20 AM
I dont really want to get involved, but here we go..........

I really like fil he is a stand up guy and everything, and I know he would never deliberately try to rip anyone off.

But if this ever went to court I dont think Fil would win. Why?? Because he told Mike that the tranny would fit. If Fil sold a tranny that doesnt fit to Mike, then thats fraudulent info he gave to Mike regardless of when Mike tried to install it, and regardless if fil did it deliberately or not. If Fil told him he was selling the tranny as is then there would have been no problemo.

How can Mike proove all of this? Its all in this thread.

Eurostyle
02-25-2007, 04:40 AM
I dont really want to get involved, but here we go..........

I really like fil he is a stand up guy and everything, and I know he would never deliberately try to rip anyone off.

But if this ever went to court I dont think Fil would win. Why?? Because he told Mike that the tranny would fit. If Fil sold a tranny that doesnt fit to Mike, then thats fraudulent info he gave to Mike regardless of when Mike tried to install it, and regardless if fil did it deliberately or not. If Fil told him he was selling the tranny as is then there would have been no problemo.

How can Mike proove all of this? Its all in this thread.

Well, if you want to be technical, the tranny fits!!! Mike said it will fit! The issues is now in the slave cylinder, which we NEVER talked about, and now i'm offering for FREE, just to make it work (i dont have to, and it's not part of the tranny, which FITS!!!)

mkgino
02-25-2007, 04:47 AM
That's why Mike should accept the new cylinder and just put the stupid thing in IMO, and forget this whole thing happened.

Hound
02-25-2007, 05:07 AM
as I don't understand how the tranny pieces together, I assume that the transmision and slave cylinder as seperate, sounds like they are as they have different mounting points as mentioned. If that's the case and if the tranny was sold and Mike had the slave from the 320 that he planned to mount to the new tranny, then unless he asked Fil if the slave would fit then being that it is seperate from the trasmission which was confirmed by Mike, Fil, and Charlie to fit. Then the part that is in dispute here is the Slave cylinder and wether or not it fits, which if it's Mike's part then why is it in dispute if it's Fil's that went with the tranny, then he offered to give it to you but was refused. Should this be taken to court then as long as Fil can prove that the tranny in question was confirmed to fit (which it was by both parties) and that the topic of the slave fitting was not brought up then the judge im sure would have a tough decision as at that point.

I have no issues with either people as I have met Mike before and seemed like a good guy as well and Fil is a great guy to and would not hesitate to do business with him :) Hopefully all can be settled out of court and things can go back to normal. Although I would hope this post would get closed as It could make a dent in Fil's reputation, which seems to be unwarrented.

Please do not take anything I have said to be biased towards either side.

shimajer
02-25-2007, 09:33 AM
I bought my car 3 years ago and now I am going to get a refund from the dealership because I prefer a m3.

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Fil, when we did this business transaction, did you tell me this tranny will fit WITH NO PROBLEM?????????

If i knew that i would have to change the slave i wouldnt not have bought this off you, i would have found one that was a straight bolt in because this i is a car im selling, not my own car that im driving...

YOU SOLD ME SOMTHING AND YOU LIED ABOUT IT
YOU ARE A LIAR.

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Fil im prepared to make a deal infront of everyone here.

If i can prove "with pics" that the tranny will not fit in two different ways, will you refund my $200? the 200 i spent thinking this tranny will work with no modifications.

There are two things that are differnt with the tranny and im prepared to show you all that Fil sold me a tranny and lied to me that it would fit with no problem.

Im at home now but about to go to the shop to snap some pics.

BMW_7
02-25-2007, 11:42 AM
I think it would also have to do with the fact that it seems like the OP had lied to Fil, stating that the car it was going on was sold, and he needed it the next day.

2 months > next day.

And also, if the part in question (slave cylinder) was wrong, and the correct fitment part was offered for FREE, then I see no problem in this.

Say I was to buy a playstation off of you, because I wanted to play it tomorrow, although the video cable to my TV wasn't the right cable (S-video instead of A/V). You said "if it doesn't work, bring it right back to me and i'll give you a refund". Time went by, and 2 months later I finally plugged it into my TV (what happened to me wanting to play it tomorrow?). I find out the cable is wrong. Nothing wrong with the Playstation. I call you up and tell you I want a refund. You tell me you will provide me with an appropriate cable FOR FREE. (perfectly good deal). I tell you "no dice" and I want either a full refund, or for half of my money back PLUS keep the playstation. Would you give me a full refund, even though I am being a unreasonable?

Hmm.. I see, it seems like there is an 'unwritten' rule for everything then. Just as with any business transactoin, theres just a lack of communication, lack of explaining of conditions of the sale which would be on the seller's part. If Fil was doing this for a while it would make sense to provide some sort of return condition for mechanical parts.

BUT I can see Judge Judy awarding the money to Mike since it sounds like he has a good case. I would NOT take this to court though, I think it's a dumb idea and I'd personally would be more than happy with Fil's offer if i was Mike.

The Playstation is a bad comparison though, it loses value like crazy especially since prices of them drop monthly for 6 years until a new system comes out.

Deep 3.2TL
02-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Blackedout_E36 - I don't understand your problem. PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES. I bet you have too - He's offering to make it right and THAT SHOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU. It's not going to cost you anything to make it right, so what's your problem?

Secondly, where are you going to find a working tranny for $200? Say you do get your money back - Now what? You're going to to go spend MORE money instead of taking the freee cylinder? Doesn't make much business sense there...

Deep

Deep 3.2TL
02-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Hmm.. I see, it seems like there is an 'unwritten' rule for everything then. Just as with any business transactoin, theres just a lack of communication, lack of explaining of conditions of the sale which would be on the seller's part. If Fil was doing this for a while it would make sense to provide some sort of return condition for mechanical parts.

BUT I can see Judge Judy awarding the money to Mike since it sounds like he has a good case. I would NOT take this to court though, I think it's a dumb idea and I'd personally would be more than happy with Fil's offer if i was Mike.

The Playstation is a bad comparison though, it loses value like crazy especially since prices of them drop monthly for 6 years until a new system comes out.

You are DEAD wrong... Fil would have a very strong case and I doubt he would lose. He's offered to make it right at no cost to the customer, well after a reasonable return period. Fil's right - you should have bought your tranny at Walmart if you wanted to return it so much later...

Deep

punnzzells
02-25-2007, 11:45 AM
I deal with Bimmersport on daily basis, and many of the parts sold/used by him are from Eurostyle!
*wave*

ahhh... Fil, I bought eyelids for my E30 5 years ago... I never installed them and sold my E30... I want my money back.... you said that they'd take 1 or 2 coats of paint.... I had to put 4 - *thmbsdwn* one primer, two coats of paint, and one high gloss coat... that's 4.. you said 2... :moon: :mad:

i will contact you 3 years from now.... thanks!:D :D

mike

VSanj
02-25-2007, 11:50 AM
^^LMAO.......................Fil is 120% right in this man!

bmwm5lover
02-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Blacked out unfortunately sounds like a whining 2 year old calling his mom a lier after she said she was going to take him to the fair 2 months ago.
You buy a tranny(and not the fun kind either) for 200,
You get offered a part for free 2 MONTHS later to correct a POSSIBLE(it was confirmed by a mechanic that it would fit) misunderstanding, and now are trying to milk a stone.
What happened to the sold 320' that was sold 2 months ago?

I sell used parts for Rovers, if there is a problem with a part and you talk to me1-2-3 weeks later, I can probably do something about it, 2 months later, forget it. This is a USED part. You want 5 year warranty with documented paperwork, go spend 2000$ at Mr Transmition.

IMO being offered a FREE part to correct the problem is a very feasable solution and shows EXCELLENT Customer Service on EUrostyle's part.

My 2Cents, take it for what it is.

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 12:26 PM
almost ready for those pics.

I thought about this alot since yesterday and i dont think i will take this to small claims... this tranny that i got off Fil will probably be thrown into the back of my truck with the rest of the scrap metal back there. Why? i dont want to give Fil the satisfaction of selling it again and making a double profit on my $200 loss, think what you want but i can afford to make this decision.

What alot of people here dont understand is that this is a sold car, this is not my car to start making modifications too. If Fil told me that i would have to make any kind of mod i would not have made the purchase. He reasured me to many times, lied to me over max, on the phone, and to my face. This is a max sponser, who lied to a max member, and if anyone cant see any bad in this then something isnt right here :confused:

If this is a mistake like some of you say, why do i have to pay for his mistake that he could of EASILY avoided. All he would have to say at the begining of the sale is that "mike this tranny will fit but you gotta buy a slavecylinder"
Fil is a smart man when it comes to bmw's, he knew i was looking for a straight bolt in part, and he sold me on it thinking it was but knowing it wasnt.

Ryousuke
02-25-2007, 12:35 PM
almost ready for those pics.

I thought about this alot since yesterday and i dont think i will take this to small claims... this tranny that i got off Fil will probably be thrown into the back of my truck with the rest of the scrap metal back there. Why? i dont want to give Fil the satisfaction of selling it again and making a double profit on my $200 loss, think what you want but i can afford to make this decision.

What alot of people here dont understand is that this is a sold car, this is not my car to start making modifications too. If Fil told me that i would have to make any kind of mod i would not have made the purchase. He reasured me to many times, lied to me over max, on the phone, and to my face. This is a max sponser, who lied to a max member, and if anyone cant see any bad in this then something isnt right here :confused:

If this is a mistake like some of you say, why do i have to pay for his mistake that he could of EASILY avoided. All he would have to say at the begining of the sale is that "mike this tranny will fit but you gotta buy a slavecylinder"
Fil is a smart man when it comes to bmw's, he knew i was looking for a straight bolt in part, and he sold me on it thinking it was but knowing it wasnt.

Don't you understand it yet Fil him self didn't know that, a mechanic assured him that the transmition will fit so he only passed on the info to you, 2 months later when you told him that the tranny doesn't fit and that you need a different Slavecylinder he offered you the part for free

Kal
02-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Mike, after reading fil's post, it seems to be a case of miscommunication. I do not think Fil would jeporadize his business reputation (as we all know its all about reputation in this business) over $200. Why would he lie when obviously to his knowledge, you were going to try installing the tranny the next day? He would've got caught in his lie right away .. but instead he's being confronted 2 months later.

Take the part you need from him. Why are you hesitant to do that? Its not like its going to cost you anything. Is the reason your angry because you have to drive back to his place to pick up the part?

Sleeze
02-25-2007, 01:38 PM
ou expect to get your money back after 2 months? lol Fil's a good guy and a good seller..dont give him a bad name on Max just because you lack in life experience. TAKE IT EZ

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Pic 1 - my tranny and slave position, note the huge entrance hole

Pic 2 - Fil's tranny and slave position, note the difference in size. So even after installing a slave that he would provide me it would cause the pedal to not be to spec. Therefore i dont want this customer coming back to me 2 months down the road saying the tranny i put in for him is now defective. - See the precautions i take before making a sale?? its my responsibility as a business co owner and manager to make sure the sale is honest and legit. Our shop has been here for 20 years, and theres a reason for that.

Pic 3 - Electrical hook up is on the opposite side of the tranny that Fil supplied me, causing my connection to not reach his.

Pic 4 - Note the obvious differences in the trannys, one is slightly shorter and has different casing. The holes do line up but the tranny Fil supplied me sits on more of an angle.

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 01:51 PM
All of a sudden, a max sponser and business owner/bmw mechanic of 10 years, cant tell a loyal customer that the product he is offering might need modifications to fit and goes and sells it without proper informing the customer of steps he needs to take and you guys are sitting there telling me he did the right thing? and is now going up an beyond by offering me 100 plus the tranny back? so that he can sell it again... ?

Tell me something guys. How good of a mechanic is Charlie at bimmersport? If Fil called Charlie and asked if his tranny would work in replacement of mine, what do you think Charlie would have said to Fil? Im gonna go out on a limb here seeing the good things Charlie has done for everyone here and say that Charlie said it would work if you changed so an so. Im sure he never said it would work straight bolt in.
So Fil had to of known that i would have to do other work to make his tranny work.
He never told me anything of that sort, he said "it will work with no problem" "it will work with no problem, Charlie said so"

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Fil thought thought i was a dumb ass, he try's tell sell me two rusted out shells, one for just shy of $1000, for a rusted out shell, why the hell should i call him back on that crap??

I never did anything wrong to this man, i gave him my business and i promoted his business from day one. My car was in his booth at bimmercruise.. i have no reason here to jerk anyone around.. all i want is for him to take responsibility for his actions.

felixthecat6
02-25-2007, 02:06 PM
Kill them both and let god sort it out...

VSanj
02-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Blacked out............quit bringing this shit up over here......the only reputation your damaging is your own. If you havent noticed majority of people on here are sideing with Fil after hearing both sides of the story. What does that tell you????

Stop being a baby, if your not gonna take it to small claims court than just be done with this thread.

What exactly is your beef now...........cause fil told you the tranny will work....well guess what, he is willing to give you part to MAKE IT WORK.....LET ME SPELL IT OUT this means THE TRANNY WILL WORK = You have no beef.....are you that dense??

Stop trying to harm the mans reputation and business....i havent seen anyone on here that has agreed with you yet, so leave it before you make yourself look like even more of a bitch

P.S i wouldnt buy a car off you knowing that your installing 200 dolla trannys....lol

hadesm5
02-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Blackout - I see where you're coming from. Even though from a business aspect, Eurostyle is at right. If you hadn't known him as a friend, he woulda told you tough, u bought the part, its your responsibility. But as a friend and a sponsor on this forum, he offered the proper fitment for free.
now, I dont have enough mechanical experience to know if they would fit or not, thats why we need a third party opinion on the fitment.
where i dont agree with you, is how you reacted. This thread is quite immature, and calling him a LIAR and ruining his reputation isn't very proffessional. if you had a more proffessional approach in this thread, perhaps more people would understand the problem you faced.

Eurostyle
02-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Ok Mike, you are crazy if you think you can call me a lier and get away with it!!! I talked to the most knowlegable BMW mechanic i know (and i will have him support that) and the info IS EXACTLY what i told you!!! Why would i lie, when i know you'll be back the next day!!!!

I told you to come see me and Charlie, but you chose to do this the hard (and coword way). If Charlie does tell me that the part will not work on your car, i will burn $200 in front of your face, to prove that its not about the $$$, but the principle of things, and you can still keep the trany...

Eurostyle
02-25-2007, 02:27 PM
Fil thought thought i was a dumb ass, he try's tell sell me two rusted out shells, one for just shy of $1000, for a rusted out shell, why the hell should i call him back on that crap??

I never did anything wrong to this man, i gave him my business and i promoted his business from day one. My car was in his booth at bimmercruise.. i have no reason here to jerk anyone around.. all i want is for him to take responsibility for his actions.

Well see who is the lier now!? You said you like it, we agreed on a MUCH lower price, and you were supposed to pick it up!!! Now the story changes???

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 02:58 PM
Vsanj, thanks for your input but your lack of technical knowlege on this particular subject makes you look like a donkey in a horse race, but i appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let me know how you feel on the situation anyhow.

Fil, if your saying Charlie said that tranny will work with no modification, your pretty much insulting his knowledge on the subject.And if i was Charlie and saw this, i would forsure not be happy with how Fil is tossing around my name like it was a ball. If Charlie really did say it will work with no problem, i dont understand how ppl are so happy with his work. I posted the differences for everyone to see, its obvious it wont work.

lol this community is a joke, no wonder all the intresting people have left.. you can add me to the list.

If anyone wants a free 318 tranny, you can come pick it up anytime next week, pm me for my location.

*wave*

Eurostyle
02-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Vsanj, thanks for your input but your lack of technical knowlege on this particular subject makes you look like a donkey in a horse race, but i appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let me know how you feel on the situation anyhow.

Fil, if your saying Charlie said that tranny will work with no modification, your pretty much insulting his knowledge on the subject.And if i was Charlie and saw this, i would forsure not be happy with how Fil is tossing around my name like it was a ball. If Charlie really did say it will work with no problem, i dont understand how ppl are so happy with his work. I posted the differences for everyone to see, its obvious it wont work.

lol this community is a joke, no wonder all the intresting people have left.. you can add me to the list.

If anyone wants a free 318 tranny, you can come pick it up anytime next week, pm me for my location.

*wave*

See where things DONT make sens; i told you i had a CUSTOMER waiting at BIMMERSPORT for that transmission, now WHY i would tell Charlie (and his customer, who can also confirm this!) that i sold you the trany!!!

How would i be SO stupid as to sell the trany to someone who will not be happy with it, when i have a buyer for the right application!!???

IT DOES NOT MAKS SENS!!! Think about it!!!

And insulting this community does nothing but making you look bad.
But if you wanna leave....BYE!!!*wave*

bmwm5lover
02-25-2007, 03:17 PM
I would like to pick up the tranny. Please PM me your address.

BMW_7
02-25-2007, 03:17 PM
:eek:

We need to see Charlie chime in here to make a final decision on the matter...

Eurostyle
02-25-2007, 03:22 PM
:eek:

We need to see Charlie chime in here to make a final decision on the matter...

Just trust me on this one! I do a lot of business with Charlie and he is a good friend, i would not do ANYTING to hurt his reputation! So if he sais it wont fit, i will just burn the $200 on the spot, but Mike is not getting anything, for insulting me in the way he did...

M3Ab
02-25-2007, 04:22 PM
LOL...

It's VERBAL CONTRACT - What you wrote is just plain dirty...

And I think Fil should do the right thing here. I've had the exact same situation with customers of mine and done the right thing... It's only $200, but it's the principle...

Deep

What are you a ****ing Doctor of Jurisprudence? It can be called an ORAL or VERBAL contract , google it if you can't take my word for it.

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Terry, thanks for your generosity.. but id rather give the tranny to someone in need of it rather than a child hiding behind a keyboard.

"just trust Fil on this one" lol your a joke pal, after this i wouldnt trust you with a dollar.

In all fairness, ive learned my lesson here. Dont deal with small time business people with lack of management skill. Always do reasearch before making a purchase, and never trust someone that says "just trust me". So i thank you for that Fil and i bid you good luck on your future in the service industry.*wave*

For those that can see the truth for what it is, learn from my mistake!! *wave* *wave*

bmwm5lover
02-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Terry, thanks for your generosity.. but id rather give the tranny to someone in need of it rather than a child hiding behind a keyboard.

Speaking of child behind a key board....O wait a minute, that sounds like you.
I never insulted you, I don;t know why you need to stoop low enough to insult me. Perhaps because you realize your blame game has take an unexpected turn, and the only way you can feel like a 'big man" is by insulting third party people. Whatever floats your boat.

Eurostyle
02-25-2007, 04:42 PM

"just trust Fil on this one" lol your a joke pal, after this i wouldnt trust you with a dollar.

In all fairness, ive learned my lesson here. Dont deal with small time business people with lack of management skill. Always do reasearch before making a purchase, and never trust someone that says "just trust me". So i thank you for that Fil and i bid you good luck on your future in the service industry.*wave*

For those that can see the truth for what it is, learn from my mistake!! *wave* *wave*

Mike, you are a joker, unlike you i'm not hiding behing a business my dady started, i have been working in the BMW industry since i was 17, and everything was done on my own, i have customers all over north America, and to call me a small time business is plain rediculous! But i guess i rather be that then a big timer like you*wave*

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Mike, you are a joker, unlike you i'm not hiding behing a business my dady started, i have been working in the BMW industry since i was 17, and everything was done on my own, i have customers all over north America, and to call me a small time business is plain rediculous! But i guess i rather be that then a big timer like you*wave*

Terry you have serious memmory loss, a few posts ago u insulted me by calling me a whiner yada yada yada... but seriously, thanks again champ. Keep punching away, maybe someday you'll be strong enough to hurt somone.

Fil, its no secret my dad started the business.. hence why i stated i was CO owner so im not sure why your attacking me on this but if this makes u sleep better at nite then yes, my father is the brains behind shop and i have no problem admitting it. Why would i call you small time? because you are, you supply no proof of purchase for your customers,you have no system in place to track orders or even place orders, everything to do with your business is verbal, hence your a small time business owner. If you wanna sit there and compare annual balance sheets between shops then id gladly show you how small you are. I will however respect your skill to make body kits, unfortunately your lack of business skill could possible take over in the future. And trust me, i dont think ur loss of my busienss will affect you in any way, i dont care about that, i just hope for your sake you dont rip off the wrong person an get yourself a shit load of trouble. BE CAREFUL next time you wanna unload a shitty part a shitty way.

dbworld4k
02-25-2007, 05:19 PM
Wow, just wow... the lack of maturity in this thread is abysmal.

bmwm5lover
02-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Terry you have serious memmory loss, a few posts ago u insulted me by calling me a whiner yada yada yada... but seriously, thanks again champ. Keep punching away, maybe someday you'll be strong enough to hurt somone.

Arguing with you is pointless. I merely stated what your behaviour resembled, not what you necessarily are.
Anyways.
I have nothing against you personally.

bmdbley'sBro
02-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Pic 1 - my tranny and slave position, note the huge entrance hole
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66431&stc=1&d=1172424712

Pic 2 - Fil's tranny and slave position, note the difference in size. So even after installing a slave that he would provide me it would cause the pedal to not be to spec. Therefore i dont want this customer coming back to me 2 months down the road saying the tranny i put in for him is now defective. - See the precautions i take before making a sale?? its my responsibility as a business co owner and manager to make sure the sale is honest and legit. Our shop has been here for 20 years, and theres a reason for that.
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66432&stc=1&d=1172424712

Pic 3 - Electrical hook up is on the opposite side of the tranny that Fil supplied me, causing my connection to not reach his.
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66433&stc=1&d=1172424925

Pic 4 - Note the obvious differences in the trannys, one is slightly shorter and has different casing. The holes do line up but the tranny Fil supplied me sits on more of an angle.
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66434&stc=1&d=1172424925

1. noted

2. would it? "in spec" what are those exact "spec's" :confused:
it's a plunger that operates a dry clutch's engagement & dissengagement.
defective to me is: the clutch pedal sticking to the floor & the clutch not working,
not 'oh this pedal feels 3lb's esier to push in'.. :D

3. for a guy that says he was doing this all himself im a little lost?
even my weak ass would just splice in some fresh wiring & make it longer.
extra what 30mins - 1hr.

4. from what i've gathered reading about 325 swaps into 318's
somea say you need the 325's rear subframe, diff, tranny on top of the motor.
some say no your 318 rear sub, diff, tranny are ok, but you;ll need a Custom Drive shaft as the lengths are different.

guess you'd have something more to say on actual fit or non fit if you had actually tried to install it?
bummer, as i'm curious myself about the subject.

I have to agree with Eurostyle on this one.
to me your arguments seem kinda vendictive.
you to me in this thread seem to be the one with a "lack of management skill"
example: 2+ month delay at install 'attempt', but said car was already sold needed it asap, etc.
you havn't denied this.

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 05:43 PM
When i picked up the tranny i said to fill IM SELLING THE CAR, not the car IS SOLD, i have proof it wasnt sold, if you look at kijiji the car has been posted on there for the last 2 months, this is another lie FIL has made against me.

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 05:46 PM
Here is the proof that the car was not sold. Never once did i say to Fil at the time of the purchase that the car was sold, For him to say that i did he would be lying through his teeth like he has from the start.

CHECK THE DATE
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-under-5K-1993-bmw-320i-W0QQAdIdZ10333328

bmdbley'sBro
02-25-2007, 05:49 PM
When i picked up the tranny i said to fill IM SELLING THE CAR, not the car IS SOLD, i have proof it wasnt sold, if you look at kijiji the car has been posted on there for the last 2 months, this is another lie FIL has made against me.
ok cool whatever..

what about 1,2,3 & 4?

i don't know either of you & live around ottawa/ gatineau so i have nothing personal in this.

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 05:52 PM
ok cool whatever..

what about 1,2,3 & 4?

i don't know either of you & live around ottawa/ gatineau so i have nothing personal in this.

easy

1. He sold me the tranny and sold me a story that it would fit without any problem

2. You can see from 1,2,3,4 there are problems
3. He lied and tried to attack me from all possible angles to get around the truth, but the fact still remains, he told me it would be a certain way when infact it was the opposite and now hes not wanting to take responsibility for his wrongfull action (purposefully or not)

bmdbley'sBro
02-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Here is the proof that the car was not sold. Never once did i say to Fil at the time of the purchase that the car was sold, For him to say that i did he would be lying through his teeth like he has from the start.

CHECK THE DATE
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-under-5K-1993-bmw-320i-W0QQAdIdZ10333328

ad says it was listed on 21st of febuary. says "new used tranny"
that doesn't prove what you said to some guy 3months ago
or that 'he's lying through his teeth like he has from the start'?
look we're on page6 here the 2month thing was said on like page2.

so you eventually found a 320/325 tranny or did you fix yours?

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 06:03 PM
ad says it was listed on 21st of febuary. says "new used tranny"
that doesn't prove what you said to some guy 3months ago
or that 'he's lying through his teeth like he has from the start'?
look we're on page6 here the 2month thing was said on like page2.

so you eventually found a 320/325 tranny or did you fix yours?

The car is on the hoist, with both tranny's sitting on the ground. I was listing the car while it was not ready so that if i did find someone, i would stress the importance of getting the car ready..
I cant justify bringing the car into the busy shop i run, tie up the hoist for so long without a buyer.. i end up lossing money on that hoist every hour of everyday. This is why i had to wait aslong as i did.
Well i finally found someone last week, brought the car in, took the tranny out, got ready to put the new one in but wait... it wont work.
Your exactly right on the two month thing, everyone is thinking that is more important than the fact that Fil made a mistake (or not) and now doesnt wanna go back on his word. He told me and reasured me time after time to bring it back if i had ANY problems down the road, never one did he tell me there was a time limit on return parts, never once did he warn me on steps i would have to take to make this tranny fit PROPERLY, and ironically these are all HIS responsiblilites as a business owner and parts supplier.

Deep 3.2TL
02-25-2007, 06:14 PM
What are you a ****ing Doctor of Jurisprudence? It can be called an ORAL or VERBAL contract , google it if you can't take my word for it.

LOL - your a joke... Go pleasure youself...

Deep 3.2TL
02-25-2007, 06:21 PM

Here ya go... not the same thing...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_contract

Deep

paul christians
02-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Blackoute36,do you have some kind of shop??if so you sould have an idea about the trannys for a 318's are right........

Deep 3.2TL
02-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Blackoute36,do you have some kind of shop??if so you sould have an idea about the trannys for a 318's are right........

Oh SNAP...

Deep

Boots R
02-25-2007, 06:32 PM
But does it at least bolt up?

I seriously need a transmission.

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Yes i do have some kind of a shop, and just because i do, doesnt mean i should know automatically what tranny would work in a car.. im not a know it all and never made any of you think i am. I am not a liscenced mechanic. I have many customers have bmw's and mercedez yada yada yada, but i will only do maintenance work for these customers, id rather not get involved with these highly technical vehicles.
Again, what does all this have to do with the situation at hand??? why is everyone shying away from the truth???
Seems to me that more than one person on this forum has something against me.

Paul your an audio guy right? can you tell me what type of speakers came in my 85 maserati biturbo? and also what ohms are they running at? Also can you tell me the speakers from my dodge dakota will work in replacement of my front speakers in the maserati?? If you can answer these right i will bow down and call you king.

bmdbley'sBro
02-25-2007, 06:39 PM
The car is on the hoist, with both tranny's sitting on the ground.
I was listing the car while it was not ready so that if i did find someone,
i would stress the importance of getting the car ready..

I cant justify bringing the car into the busy shop i run, tie up the hoist for so long without a buyer..
i end up lossing money on that hoist every hour of everyday. This is why i had to wait aslong as i did.

Well i finally found someone last week, brought the car in,
took the tranny out, got ready to put the new one in but wait...
it wont work.

do you not even see the contradiction of your statements?
1) "with both tranny's sitting on the ground." this did tie up your hoist & shop.
2) but you "cant justify bringing the car into the busy shop i run, tie up the hoist for so long without a buyer..
i end up lossing money on that hoist every hour of everyday."

your probably not going to get what im saying, but whatever.
you already tied up your hoist & 'lost time', so why not waste a little more?
I mean who buys a car with a blown tranny (especially from a shop)??
how can you test drive it to even check for a multitude of other problems?
you can't therefor if fixing cars to sell them is your biz/hobby you 1st need to "fix" them. :D

also when you originally had the 2 tranny's side by side why didn't you notice these issues immediately?????
again do you not see the contradictions cause thats what im seeing.
was it even really You or just some employee that didn't take note for You cause he doesn't care??

lasty I know the europarts guy around here would charge way more then $200for a tranny.
can you not just sell the tranny listing it at $400? you'll probably get $300,
person can drive to your shop & buy it. lots of shops sell parts.

look no offence but i think your just typing out of frustration induced anger here.

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 06:40 PM

It will bolt up, but it sits on an angle so with that said.. it would be normal to think if the tranny is sitting cockeyed, the gear shift lever will not be straight? Also you will need to lengthen the electrical connector wire, plus replace the electrical connection on the tranny, and then replace the slave cylinder BUT your pedal will 100% feel different that the current one in there, im willing to bet another 200 on this.

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 06:43 PM
do you not even see the contradiction of your statements?
1) "with both tranny's sitting on the ground." this did tie up your hoist & shop.
2) but you "cant justify bringing the car into the busy shop i run, tie up the hoist for so long without a buyer..
i end up lossing money on that hoist every hour of everyday."

your probably not going to get what im saying, but whatever.
you already tied up your hoist & 'lost time', so why not waste a little more?
I mean who buys a car with a blown tranny (especially from a shop)??
how can you test drive it to even check for a multitude of other problems?
you can't therefor if fixing cars to sell them is your biz/hobby you 1st need to "fix" them. :D

also when you originally had the 2 tranny's side by side why didn't you notice these issues immediately?????
again do you not see the contradictions cause thats what im seeing.
was it even really You or just some employee that didn't take note for You cause he doesn't care??

lasty I know the europarts guy around here would charge way more then $200for a tranny.
can you not just sell the tranny listing it at $400? you'll probably get $300,
person can drive to your shop & buy it. lots of shops sell parts.

look no offence but i think your just typing out of frustration induced anger here.

You simply dont know enough about the situation to make statements like you are.
The problem with MY tranny was that second gear had a slight knotch when selected. So it was totally test driveable.
I took it upon myself to fix this for whoever bought the car, i wanted to sell a good car, which i intend on doing.
When i brought the car in, i was under the impression that it would be a straigt swap like Fil said so there would have been no tie up
Now do you understand??

NOTORIOUS VR
02-25-2007, 06:45 PM
While I'm not going to take sides here as I don't know either of you.

BUT... In all honesty... Normally when people are out to buy parts, be it new or used, they do some research BEFORE the fact to make sure what they can and cannot use in their particular application.

IMO, it's not 100% Eurostyle's or Bimmersports fault that YOU bought a tranny that doesn't work. Let alone the fact that you bought a 4cyl tranny for a 6cyl car would have raised a flag in my head, but that's just me.

If you're the business person you say you are, and manage a company that deals with automotive parts, then you should know to trust no one. And while dealing with new parts isn't as bad, buying used parts and trying to return them months later is a much different story IMO.

I mean, there's so much information available these days within a few mins, heck even 30 mins of your time before the purchase of the part would have saved everyone from this head ache.

On top of this, I hardly see that you could be in any way a professional by using the language you have in this thread.

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 06:51 PM
While I'm not going to take sides here as I don't know either of you.

BUT... In all honesty... Normally when people are out to buy parts, be it new or used, they do some research BEFORE the fact to make sure what they can and cannot use in their particular application.

IMO, it's not 100% Eurostyle's or Bimmersports fault that YOU bought a tranny that doesn't work. Let alone the fact that you bought a 4cyl tranny for a 6cyl car would have raised a flag in my head, but that's just me.

If you're the business person you say you are, and manage a company that deals with automotive parts, then you should know to trust no one. And while dealing with new parts isn't as bad, buying used parts and trying to return them months later is a much different story IMO.

I mean, there's so much information available these days within a few mins, heck even 30 mins of your time before the purchase of the part would have saved everyone from this head ache.

On top of this, I hardly see that you could be in any way a professional by using the language you have in this thread.

Show me where i swore or tore into others in this thread like how everyone has sworn at and torn into me. And im the one that got stiffed by the part supplier...
I have done nothing but reply in my own deffence. Afterall it is me against all of you.
If you cant give me the opportunity to defend myself then there is no point in any of this.
Im appauled that max moderators have not said anything, I have posted nothing but true facts, nothing in what i have said is false.. so why is everyone against me???
There are people here that have something against me, maybe even mods.

edit : I agree with you notorious in the fact that i didnt do enough research. You are totally right, and i already stated the fact that i recognize my mistake for trusting Fil aka Eurostyles word.

paul christians
02-25-2007, 06:52 PM
I have nothing againt you at all man,but I think there is date base for part numbers at the shop that could have help you out abit more,and for the car you are asking about the speakers if I "REMEBER" they run 2way kit up and the same in the back,and back than they ran a massed up ohms set-up like GM so 6ohms,it has been along time for me to see Mareati biturbo....I maybe off abit with this but hey is all good,I can find out more if you what to know more and if know what they are that is too....

VSanj
02-25-2007, 06:55 PM

*wave*

Sadly my freind, YOUR the one is looks like a idiot here, ask anyone on here...you are in the wrong.......deal with it!

P.S I dont need much technical knowledge to know you are being a immature cry baby here*wave*

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 06:57 PM
I have nothing againt you at all man,but I think there is date base for part numbers at the shop that could have help you out abit more,and for the car you are asking about the speakers if I "REMEBER" they run 2way kit up and the same in the back,and back than they ran a massed up ohms set-up like GM so 6ohms,it has been along time for me to see Mareati biturbo....I maybe off abit with this but hey is all good,I can find out more if you what to know more and if know what they are that is too....

Thanks but no thanks, i was simply using that as an example that just because your an audio guy you dont know everything about audio. Just like how i manage an auto repair shop, i dont know everything about cars.
Yes i could have done more research, but i knew Fil, he was good to me in the past, so i thought i could trust him, afterall i was a loyal customer, and no business owner in there right mind would ruin that type of relationship especially over $200

bmdbley'sBro
02-25-2007, 06:58 PM
You simply dont know enough about the situation to make statements like you are.
The problem with MY tranny was that second gear had a slight knotch when selected. So it was totally test driveable.
I took it upon myself to fix this for whoever bought the car, i wanted to sell a good car, which i intend on doing.
When i brought the car in, i was under the impression that it would be a straigt swap like Fil said so there would have been no tie up
Now do you understand??
well sorry for my ignorance all i've got are your eurostyle is a 'lying thief' posts to go on. :rolleyes:

and again you're condraticting yourself.
we both know test drivable or not
the car without the "story" and the fk'd second gear sell for more and sell quicker.. :rolleyes:

regardless of what impressions your were under you said you had both tranny's out, side by side,
days after purchase
why did you wait 60+ days to mention this HUGE problem??
and then when you finally do mention the problem it's by dropping the this guys a 'lying thief' bomb??

again i don't know either of you.
I've been burned too, but sorry the last thing you've managed to do is make me feel sorry for you.

carry on though *th-up*

Boots R
02-25-2007, 06:58 PM
It will bolt up, but it sits on an angle so with that said.. it would be normal to think if the tranny is sitting cockeyed, the gear shift lever will not be straight? Also you will need to lengthen the electrical connector wire, plus replace the electrical connection on the tranny, and then replace the slave cylinder BUT your pedal will 100% feel different that the current one in there, im willing to bet another 200 on this.
:(.

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Sadly my freind, YOUR the one is looks like a idiot here, ask anyone on here...you are in the wrong.......deal with it!

P.S I dont need much technical knowledge to know you are being a immature cry baby here*wave*

Thanks again bud, its good to know where your at on everything. *wave*

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 07:00 PM
:(.

Its funny you post that, that was my expression when i found out i got scammed.

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 07:02 PM
well sorry for my ignorance all i've got are your eurostyle is a 'lying thief' posts to go on. :rolleyes:

and again you're condraticting yourself.
we both know test drivable or not the car without the "story" and the fk'd second gear sell for more and sell quicker.. :rolleyes:

regardless of what impressions your were under you said you had both tranny's out, side by side, days after purchase
why did you wait 60+ days to mention this HUGE problem??
and then when you finally do mention the problem it's by dropping the this guys a 'lying thief' bomb??

again i don't know either of you.
I've been burned too, but sorry the last thing you've managed to do is make me feel sorry for you.

carry on though *th-up*

Dude your way off. I HAVENT STARTED THE SWAP UNTIL A COUPLE DAYS AGO, i said right NOW the trannys are on the ground.
2 months ago the car was together and unsold.
last week the car got sold and i started the job
For 2 months the tranny sat under my desk in my office covered with rags.

VSanj
02-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks again bud, its good to know where your at on everything. *wave*

No prob.............if you need anything else.....just holla at your boy!!!

VSanj
02-25-2007, 07:05 PM

LMFAO................Boots your jokes, these two are feudin and you just tryin to sqeeze out a freakin tranny...........you tranny whore.....lol:D

NOTORIOUS VR
02-25-2007, 07:06 PM
I wasn't talking about others... I was talking about the way you keep addressing Eurostyle. In my eyes, and I'm sure some others screaming LIAR, etc. doesn't exactly make you look like a professional.

Like I said, I'm not taking sides. While I do agree somewhat, that a good business man should know his products, but not everyone can know everything. He tried to get a concrete answer from a source that he himself trusts and passed that information on to you. And you without doing any research had no choice but to trust him. But that is no reason to place all (100%) blame on him IMO as I've said before.

From what I've read so far is that the tranny does fit, but the slave is what is holding you back. And the reverse switch (which i'm guessing is that electrical connector is for) is on the opposite side.

While they are set backs, you have to understand that you took 2 months to try this tranny. I know of NO place that would take back used parts after two months. So you complained, and Eurostyle did what a business owner does, he makes sure he doesn't make a loss but tries to go in your direction to help you out.

You didn't like his proposition and decided to go the route of trying to discredit his company and ethics. But this as it seems backfired on you completely, and now you are just mad at the world because people are siding with the other party and not you.

Everyone here gave you the chance to defend yourself... on all of page 1, most people who responded WERE on your side. But after hearing the 2nd side of the story, most people seem to agree that it was more or less your fault.

So really, you're doing yourself more harm then good continuing this thread. Especially since this was something that could have been done in a more controlled and orderly fashion.

Feedback/Rant threads can be a good thing or a bad thing or the topic starter.

That's all I'm going to say anymore. Take it for what it's worth.

Show me where i swore or tore into others in this thread like how everyone has sworn at and torn into me. And im the one that got stiffed by the part supplier...
I have done nothing but reply in my own deffence. Afterall it is me against all of you.
If you cant give me the opportunity to defend myself then there is no point in any of this.
Im appauled that max moderators have not said anything, I have posted nothing but true facts, nothing in what i have said is false.. so why is everyone against me???
There are people here that have something against me, maybe even mods.

edit : I agree with you notorious in the fact that i didnt do enough research. You are totally right, and i already stated the fact that i recognize my mistake for trusting Fil aka Eurostyles word.

paul christians
02-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks but no thanks, i was simply using that as an example that just because your an audio guy you dont know everything about audio. Just like how i manage an auto repair shop, i dont know everything about cars.
Yes i could have done more research, but i knew Fil, he was good to me in the past, so i thought i could trust him, afterall i was a loyal customer, and no business owner in there right mind would ruin that type of relationship especially over $200
I know more about audio then you think,like I said (if I remerber them right)I don't work on those cars...and when I see them there already been up-dated...but hey it is good too......

bmdbley'sBro
02-25-2007, 07:07 PM
See, now you should not have done that!! *no-no*
if he ever relies on this info & it's off;

he might make a post 3yrs from now about how you're a liar!

dbworld4k
02-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Not that I know either of you, but after reading all the posts and both sides of the story it doesn't look like you're going to garner much (if any) support. As far as most of your audience is concerned, Fil seems to be in the clear here. So let's put an end to this bickering and ackowledge your errors and move on.

edit: Notorious VR, bravo on that post. I couldn't agree more.

paul christians
02-25-2007, 07:12 PM
See, now you should not have done that!! *no-no*
if he ever relies on this info & it's off;

he might make a post 3yrs from now about how you're a liar!
that is ok to me.......*wave*

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 07:14 PM
1. Im not in a popularity contest, i posted this simply to warn others of my experience with this company, just like how others have done in the past.
2. Im not worried about whta others think of me, cause at the end of the day ive been blessed to have more than most others here.

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 07:15 PM
See how all of you make a joke out of me?? and what have i done wrong?

paul christians
02-25-2007, 07:21 PM
^^^^you have not done nothing wrong,we are having good talk that is all,well I am anyways........I have been call an ASS too,I think we all have been........it is good agree to disagree....peanut butter & jelly time.....hehehehe...

Hound
02-25-2007, 07:41 PM
mike im just curious, when i came to see this car a while back I asked when I was looking at the car if the tranny was fine, you said it was and showed me that it shifted fine. Did something happen to it since then? Just curious...

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 08:04 PM
mike im just curious, when i came to see this car a while back I asked when I was looking at the car if the tranny was fine, you said it was and showed me that it shifted fine. Did something happen to it since then? Just curious...

Yes since then, second gear developed a slight knotch when entering the gate, also 5th is alllllmost getting knochy as well. If this problem was around back when you were lookin at the car i would have forsure let you know of the problem. Im really trying to sell a good car here, this is why im going through so much trouble with this, i want it fixed and i want it fixed right.. im not looking for a patch job, this is why i stressed to Fil that i need something that will go in without a problem. He knew my situation and what i was after, and he still gave me something that gave me big headache's.

VSanj
02-25-2007, 08:16 PM

wow.........sounds like you have some issues man...you made the thread.the title drew alot of attention......not everyone was gonna side with you, live with it*thmbsdwn*

DriveItSideways
02-25-2007, 08:19 PM
wow.........sounds like you have some issues man...you made the thread.the title drew alot of attention......not everyone was gonna side with you, live with it*thmbsdwn*

Your just figuring out that i have issues??? lol your a little late on that one champ.

NOTORIOUS VR
02-25-2007, 08:39 PM
why this thread hasn't been locked/deleted yet is really stunning

VSanj
02-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Your just figuring out that i have issues??? lol your a little late on that one champ.

Im a little slow like that:D

e30_kid89
02-25-2007, 09:10 PM
i dont even need to say whos right and whos wrong, i dont wanna take sides or get into it but the thing i dont understand is why couldnt u guys take care of this privately instead of getting all of maX involved?

mellobudd
02-25-2007, 09:19 PM
ayy, in before the lock!!!:D

hope this gets resolved for the better..

Eurostyle
02-25-2007, 10:44 PM

Mike, for one thing you back stabbed me when you started this post!! We talked on the phone 5 min before, and and your last words were "think of some way this can be fair for both of us, and i'll call you back"....

We were NOT done dealing with this, you had all chances of getting this resolved friendly, but you chose not to, calling me a liar...

So now its too late, even if you prove me i'm 100% wrong, you are not getting one cent out of me, and you are lucky if i dont take legal action against you, as i have a lot more witnesses then you think!

BigD
02-25-2007, 11:17 PM
My cockroach attention span precludes me from reading this entire thread and I'm sure this has been said already but...

1. Neither Fil nor Charlie lied to you. The transmission FITS. It bolts to the engine, the driveshaft works (or you can find one that does), the input shaft fits, there is a clutch that will work, the mounts fit and the shifter fits. That's all that is required. Just because you're too incompetent to crimp on an extension and a different connector, and reuse the slave cylinder off the original transmission, doesn't give you the right to throw around vial accusations, threaten with baseless legal threats and mar the image of two respected and valuable members of this board. Or since you're so obsessed with nitpicking technicalities as if you're an OJ Simpson advocate, did he at any point say that the slave cylinder is even included with the transmission?

2. You can stop barking empty threats. Go to your lawyer if he exists, he'll slap you in the face and explain it clearer. Or go to small claims, get laughed at, and prepare to be countersued by Fil for lost income while he is getting his prick pulled by you. There is nothing in consumer protection laws that will justify your whining. What you are complaining about is far beyond the scope of any reasonable expectations you may claim to have of Fil or this transaction.

Next time be a man and make it work (with the car or with Fil).

Deep 3.2TL
02-25-2007, 11:35 PM

LOL - When I read that I hear Russell Peters in my head...

"Be a man - do the right fing!"

Deep

Jim .E.
02-26-2007, 12:08 AM
Blackedout:
understand where you sit with this issue, but if you couldn't get it to fit with ease so to speak without making a modification (which doesn't mean that it would be a patch job) you should have just said "Hey Fil I need some help do you or Charlie know how I can get this thing to work? It doesn't seem to be a direct swap but if you guys say it'll work then I need to know how". An extra conversation would have save you from this predicament and (I'm sorry to say this, but it's true) you looking like a moron by insulting anything and EVERYTHING people are posting. Fil is reputable and as long as I've been a member on here I haven't heard a SINGLE, and I mean a SINGLE bad thing about him, hell the guy even offered to teach me on a weekend how to make a fiberglass lip for my car when I was curious as to how the process works (I didn't end up taking the offer as I had school and work interfering, but the man still offered) which was WAY out of his way and he by no means had to do it and could of simply said "who the hell are you?" but he didn't. I am taking sides with Fil because I can based on all the feedback vouch that this guy is reputable and not in your case a "liar" and yea you did back stab Fil by posting this on here and not trying to resolve it off the board, that slave cylinder may have been the key thing to resolve this.

Also as a side note, calling Terry a child, saying shit to VSanj and pretty much everyone else is uncalled for. If you take this court, I honestly hope Fil doesn't counter sue you because by posting this thread you are calling out his business and in a sense are trying to defame it over a matter that could have been resolved but YOU chose not to.

Jim .E.
02-26-2007, 12:11 AM
My cockroach attention span precludes me from reading this entire thread and I'm sure this has been said already but...

Neither Fil nor Charlie lied to you. The transmission FITS. It bolts to the engine, the driveshaft works (or you can find one that does), the input shaft fits, there is a clutch that will work, the mounts fit and the shifter fits. That's all that is required. Just because you're too incompetent to crimp on an extension and a different connector, and reuse the slave cylinder off the original transmission, doesn't give you the right to throw around vial accusations, threaten with baseless legal threats and mar the image of two respected and valuable members of this board. Or since you're so obsessed with nitpicking technicalities as if you're an OJ Simpson advocate, did he at any point say that the slave cylinder is even included with the transmission?

2. You can stop barking empty threats. Go to your lawyer if he exists, he'll slap you in the face and explain it clearer. Or go to small claims, get laughed at, and prepare to be countersued by Fil for lost income while he is getting his prick pulled by you. There is nothing in consumer protection laws that will justify your whining. What you are complaining about is far beyond the scope of any reasonable expectations you may claim to have of Fil or this transaction.

I have a feeling if Charlie posts he will be saying more or less the same thing that Demitri (sorry bout spelling of your name bud) said.

dbworld4k
02-26-2007, 12:15 AM
LOL - When I read that I hear Russell Peters in my head...

"Be a man - do the right fing!"

Deep
LOL I love your sig.

BMW_7
02-26-2007, 12:20 AM
OK I think this applies to Blackout now *shiner*

http://uploader.ws/upload/200702/lilbitch_1.gif

DriveItSideways
02-26-2007, 12:45 AM
Mike, for one thing you back stabbed me when you started this post!! We talked on the phone 5 min before, and and your last words were "think of some way this can be fair for both of us, and i'll call you back"....

We were NOT done dealing with this, you had all chances of getting this resolved friendly, but you chose not to, calling me a liar...

So now its too late, even if you prove me i'm 100% wrong, you are not getting one cent out of me, and you are lucky if i dont take legal action against you, as i have a lot more witnesses then you think!

backstab? You told me i wouldnt have any problems with this tranny, you gave me yours and charlies word. i took this tranny on that word alone. YOU backstabbed my by not telling me the REAL truth that i would have to modify the tranny and the car to make it work.

The rest of you, have no clue what your talking about.. its actually quite amusing to me now.

EDIT: FIL I DARE YOU TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION, INFACT I WANT YOU TO GO THROUGH THE TECHNICALITIES. IT SAVES ME THE TIME AND EFFORT AND YET I WILL BEABLE TO TELL THE JUDGE MY SIDE. BRING IT ON TUFF GUY.

DriveItSideways
02-26-2007, 12:47 AM
Do it FIL, show your maxbimmer friends how serious you are about business, show us what your made of.

bmwm5lover
02-26-2007, 12:59 AM
O man, this thread is going from bad to worst, in a funny way. I sincerely hope that blacked_out's account has been hacked by a bunch of 6 year olds who are pretending to be him, other wise, this just went down to a whole other level.

dbworld4k
02-26-2007, 01:01 AM
The rest of you, have no clue what your talking about.. its actually quite amusing to me now.

I didn't want to jump into this but that - that right there - that single, intricately woven sentence fragment would let me stay silent no more.

Let's take a step back and analyze that shall we? By making the above quoted statement you do realize you're literally saying that you, and only you, are 100% correct on the standpoint you so adequately presented? By making said statement, you completely ignore what everyone else here has had to say - from a relatively unbiased point of view, lacking in prejudice to either of the parties involved - and ascertain that you are the sole individual in this entire [meaningless] squabble who is completely and irrefutably correct.

That is a VERY stupid and hopeless stance to take. In lamens terms, "I am correct, and everyone else is simply and undeniably wrong."

You do realize the law represents the people, yes? In which case, if you were to similarly compare this situation to one present in a civil hearing, you would find yourself on the short end of the stick. The majority of people here have a hard time standing up in your favour. The majority. In a civil hearing, the Judge is more than likely to offer a similar standpoint - one which resembles what the majority of the people would undertake; IE. you lose.

Now, if there's some bewildering shred of evidence that would highly favour your side of the dispute, then disregard the above :) Somehow, I think that it is unlikley.

Cheers!

Deep 3.2TL
02-26-2007, 01:01 AM
Do it FIL, show your maxbimmer friends how serious you are about business, show us what your made of.

Oh man - Talk about a child...

Deep

Suprano
02-26-2007, 01:13 AM

I really don't understand why you two guys could not resolve something that involves so little money. I don't think that there are sides to be taken in this matter because I believe that both parties are at fault. Blackedout, I think you handled things in an immature fashion by not dealing with things privately and exhausting all other measures before posting on here. You really should have made a few extra calls regarding fitment. After all, this was a used tranny you were buying and not brake pads from Canadian Tire. Due dilligence was not met in this case.

As for Fil (Eurostyle), you should have nipped this in the bud rather than letting the post continue for 9 pages. Regardless of what occurred, this situation is not good for business; last I checked I thought that was the field you were in. You may be morally and legally correct, but you shouldn't have let it get to this point.

For $200, you guys need to settle this like civilised people. Forget lawyers and the courts, especially you blackedout. You both need to work to resolve this petty matter or you both may find that you've come out losers.

Rob

Eurostyle
02-26-2007, 01:53 AM
EDIT: FIL I DARE YOU TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION, INFACT I WANT YOU TO GO THROUGH THE TECHNICALITIES. IT SAVES ME THE TIME AND EFFORT AND YET I WILL BEABLE TO TELL THE JUDGE MY SIDE. BRING IT ON TUFF GUY.

"DO IT, DO IT NOWWWW" (in Arnold's voice) is all this brings to mind!!! ROFL...

This thread is getting funnyer by the page!!! At this point you should beg a moderator to delete the whole thing, if you want a single person to take you serously in this (or other) BMW community!:idea:

As to the backstabing, get it right; YOU started posting WHILE i was thinking about a way to solve this!!! You even said you are going to come and show me and Charlie that we are wrong!!! SO where were you??? At home posting Sh%T like a baby!? Why didnt you show up?

BigD
02-26-2007, 02:01 AM
As for Fil (Eurostyle), you should have nipped this in the bud rather than letting the post continue for 9 pages. Regardless of what occurred, this situation is not good for business; last I checked I thought that was the field you were in. You may be morally and legally correct, but you shouldn't have let it get to this point.

I don't know if you've been reading a different thread but I don't see anything here that would suggest that this situation will hurt Fil's image in any way. It's just an angry guy wanting someone else to pay for his mistakes. Unfortunately this society lets people of poor moral fiber think that they don't have to own up to anything they do, and there's always someone else they can blame. If every business had to worry about people like this, they would all be bankrupt. I love Costco's policy but I bet this guy is the same type of person I see lined up returning 80% used up bottles of sauce.

All that's going to come out of this is Fil will learn to be less friendly, like all businesses of his kind have learned the hard way. The part is X, the part number is Y, condition Z, beyond that, I DON'T PROMISE ANYTHING. Otherwise if you keep outstretching a helping hand, someone will come along and bite your arm off.

Eurostyle
02-26-2007, 02:15 AM
All that's going to come out of this is Fil will learn to be less friendly, like all businesses of his kind have learned the hard way. The part is X, the part number is Y, condition Z, beyond that, I DON'T PROMISE ANYTHING. Otherwise if you keep outstretching a helping hand, someone will come along and bite your arm off.

Thanks a lot man! Unfortunatly that will be the case, i will have to be more strict on return policys, for example a few weeks ago someone got an ECU for an E30, but called me a few days later and it turns out the problem was misdiagnosed, and he just needed a crank sensor...SOOOO...i gave him his $$$ back! Did i have to, NO!!! EVERYBODY knows there is NO returns on electrical components, but why would i take advantage of the guy!? He came right back, explained the situation and it was all good...

Deep 3.2TL
02-26-2007, 02:17 AM
Thread closed.

Looks open to me...

Bliss
02-26-2007, 02:40 AM
Looks open to me...

Thread closed...take two.;)