PDA

View Full Version : Rewrapping Interior Trims in Carbon Fiber

///M3 ZCP
02-23-2007, 01:54 PM
Does anyone know anybody who does this kind of work in the GTA? I called Carbonio and they don't deal with the public, and they only produce CF stuff in bulk for commercial business. I want to wrap my E46 trims.

RitzBitz
02-24-2007, 02:51 PM
why dont u just buy CF trims and instal them yourself..

///M3 ZCP
02-28-2007, 03:56 AM
why dont u just buy CF trims and instal them yourself..

Well first of all, it's pricey to buy the OEM wrapped ones from the U.S. They go for at least $900 USD + shipping + taxes. And i wouldn't want to pay for some crappy wrapped replica parts for $600-700 that don't fit properly. Secondly, i got a spare trim kit so i might as well get it done locally if i can. Also I'm looking to get a custom look like a thicker weave. All those vendors just sell 2x2 CF weave.

conte6
03-01-2007, 07:10 PM
hey there, I do co-op at a place called I.A.C (intenational automotive and custom group) theres a guy there by the name of Frank and he specializes in custom car audio and Custom interior. Just the other day he did a custom carbon fibre dash kit for a customer with an audi. The job he did was amazing and the car looked great after he was done with it!!! I.A.C is in the GTA just north of weston and langstaff in woodbridge. So if you know of us, give us a call because he does an amazing job and always makes sure the job is done right! The number to IAC is (905)-265-1422...hope that solves your problem!

Sickbimmer
03-01-2007, 09:39 PM
I talked to Frank, It would most likely cost more then $500

conte6
03-01-2007, 11:00 PM
It might be a little pricey, but the job is done right!

Bartacus
03-02-2007, 03:42 PM
I talked to Frank, It would most likely cost more then $500
If you order a trim set from the US, its a lot more than that. Most trim sets I've seen for sedans start at $550-$650USD per set. Factor in taxes, duty, broke-back-duty-sodomy, its almost $1000CDN. $500 for a decent trim set sounds like a good deal to me, ESPECIALLY if they can do custom colors. The US sellers charge a huge premium for colored CF, just look at Vorsteiner.

This custom stuff sounds great if the guy could do blood-red CF! Thats my dream trim!

Bart

Bartacus
03-02-2007, 03:43 PM
hey there, I do co-op at a place called I.A.C (intenational automotive and custom group) theres a guy there by the name of Frank and he specializes in custom car audio and Custom interior. Just the other day he did a custom carbon fibre dash kit for a customer with an audi. The job he did was amazing and the car looked great after he was done with it!!! I.A.C is in the GTA just north of weston and langstaff in woodbridge. So if you know of us, give us a call because he does an amazing job and always makes sure the job is done right! The number to IAC is (905)-265-1422...hope that solves your problem!
Does this guy do colored CF? Or just the standard black/silver?

Bart

conte6
03-02-2007, 10:42 PM
he could probably do the coloured carbon fibre too, all the stuff he makes is custom!!

RitzBitz
03-10-2007, 02:40 AM
the retailers here should stock up on some OEM CF trim lol

Spoose
03-20-2007, 11:38 PM

Frank is a LOSER!!!!! JJ. He is actually a good friend of mine, I've known him since high school, he does amazing work. All his stuff is custom and he used to own 20Hz Audio in Brampton then Woodbridge, but closed down because someone fu*ked him and his business. See him, if anyone can do it, he can.

conte6
03-31-2007, 05:33 PM
yaaa, he does some pretty fu*ked up stuff, hes amazing when it comes to interior sh*t!!!

///M3 ZCP
04-01-2007, 10:23 PM
hmm this guy sounds like he's really good, I'll have to give him a call then!

RitzBitz
04-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Please post pics when one of you has this done!!!

///M3 ZCP
04-08-2007, 12:06 PM
it won't be done anytime soon... I'm working on some other mods for now. But I spoke to Frank and he sounds like a great guy to deal with