PDA

View Full Version : ICE Liquid Clay bar

JMW
02-23-2007, 10:59 AM
just bought this stuff today to give the car a quick buff, since im an amateur at detailing and my car needed a shine bad...
anyways this stuff worked amazing......rinse off the car...apply the stuff...re-rinse the car....it looks wicked, toook out aloottt of inperfections..made the paint really shine....i highly suggest it...

-neil

ps...u can get it at canadian tire

mellobudd
02-23-2007, 11:54 AM
nice, thanks for the info...keep em paint shine....

Boots R
02-23-2007, 12:00 PM
Put your car back in storage you crazy fool.

paul christians
02-23-2007, 12:05 PM
there is thread in the TECK section dude...fart,brup....sorry I had too..hehhee...

JMW
02-23-2007, 02:33 PM
**** it..i want the thread here

Manimillion
02-23-2007, 03:29 PM
dont' you have to strip the car from its wax before u use claybar? and then rewax the car once u are done with it?

JMW
02-23-2007, 05:15 PM
its not an actuall clay bar..its liquid clay bar...i.e not as harmful..anyone can use it..but still takes out some imperfections..

spray it with the ICE liquid wax when ure done and ure set

quic..and easyyyyyy..cheap..and works quite well

paul christians
02-23-2007, 07:31 PM
dont' you have to strip the car from its wax before u use claybar? and then rewax the car once u are done with it?
it is a good idea to that frist......

vadim321go
03-07-2007, 09:25 PM
how would one strip off the old wax?

tifosi
03-08-2007, 04:05 AM
actually by using clay bar you are already stripping off the wax.

you can use clay bar right after wash. just remanber to wax your car after you're done with clay bar.

mpower1226
03-09-2007, 01:13 AM
By using claybar, it strips the wax or any residue on the surface of the paints. Just remeber to lubricate good and kneel them once in every different panel. Also, if you drop the claybar on the ground, dump it.

Without using the claybar, you could still strip out the wax by using dishwash soap. It will strip out everything. However, it brings out the bare paint surface so you need to wax it or seal it.

JMW
03-09-2007, 10:14 PM
dish wash soap!
i didnt know that!

Stephanie
03-10-2007, 10:29 AM
how would one strip off the old wax?

there are some detailers that suggest totally removing and reapplying wax annually... I usually do this in the spring when i take out my car (well, this year I drove my summer car through the winter.. *stupid move*)... ANYHOW, I use Mothers California Gold® Pre-Wax Cleaner – Step 1. It removes old wax (gently) and preps the surface for a new coat of frest wax... whether its REALLY necessary or nmot, who knows... I just like detailing my car LOL...

...Anyway... clay bars DO take off old wax and most imperfections in the paint... so pre-wax cleaners aren't really all theat necessary... but DO make sure the car is clean, duh.. lol