PDA

View Full Version : Which FI cams to get?

Bliss
02-11-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm looking into getting some cams, and from my research im leaning towards the FI technik cams. I hear great things about them for the E46's, and their dyno-claims look pretty impressive. Any opinions or experiences?

kerisabe
02-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Can't go wrong with Technik, Bruce... get their 248/256 FI Cams made by Schrick. The guys at e46fanatics are tryin to get a GB goin, check this out: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=432522&page=2&highlight=FI+CAms

STALKER
02-12-2007, 03:59 PM
You might want to talk to Sean@D/A.

kerisabe
02-12-2007, 04:09 PM
^^^

Discovery Automotive is also a good source to look into.

STALKER
02-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Sean is a buddy of mine, if you do talk to him, just tell him I Pej reffered you.

Paul540/m3
02-12-2007, 05:09 PM
After seeing Josh's D/A M5, I was extremely impressed with their work

STALKER
02-12-2007, 05:11 PM
D/A does some pretty crazy stuff, and they are reliable.

Bliss
02-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Alright, thanks for the suggestions guys...ill still continue to shop around, and see what will work best for my setup.

Gamite
02-12-2007, 07:09 PM
wrong section mofo

moved to Forced Induction :)

STALKER
02-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Call D/A bros. They can help you out for sure.

Furious
02-13-2007, 01:33 PM
D/A does some pretty crazy stuff, and they are reliable.

DA motorsports? lol, ive read story after story about Mert and his business. i dont know first hand but id try to stay away.

in terms of S/C cams im assuming you should talk to AA again for those as im sure they know what works best for your application. you can also look at companies like ICS to do some work.

edit... oh discovery. sorry i thought you ment DAmotorsports

SickFinga
02-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Go Schrick. Proven and tested for many years. NA and SC cams are the same.

STALKER
02-13-2007, 03:34 PM
DA motorsports? lol, ive read story after story about Mert and his business. i dont know first hand but id try to stay away.

in terms of S/C cams im assuming you should talk to AA again for those as im sure they know what works best for your application. you can also look at companies like ICS to do some work.

I had a bad experience at AA, when I was in Miami.

kerisabe
02-13-2007, 09:42 PM

I think u're talking about the wrong company here. What STALKER (Pej) said was D/A which is Discovery Automotive not DA Motorsport (Mert Dastan). They're 2 complete diff companies. D/A is a well respectable tuner. On the other hand.... Mert... :rolleyes:

Furious
02-13-2007, 10:13 PM
I think u're talking about the wrong company here. What STALKER (Pej) said was D/A which is Discovery Automotive not DA Motorsport (Mert Dastan). They're 2 complete diff companies. D/A is a well respectable tuner. On the other hand.... Mert... :rolleyes:

i edited about 5 mins after i posted it, i realized that it was not damotorsports. yeah mert is very:rolleyes:

I had a bad experience at AA, when I was in Miami.

they were superb with me. i was treated like a king @ AA. i know some have had issues with them. but again they were great with me and besides Bruces kit is an AA kit, who better to suggest what the next step is?

STALKER
02-13-2007, 10:21 PM
They are good with you only when they want to sell you something. When I started asking questions, then they got real ugly real fast. I found them rude, unproffesional, and would never give them a dime. But thats me....

kerisabe
02-13-2007, 11:42 PM
OT: Pej, when r u sending your M to D/A to get all custom engine work done + SC since ure not selling the car anymore hurry2 before spring comes.

kerisabe
02-13-2007, 11:46 PM
i edited about 5 mins after i posted it, i realized that it was not damotorsports. yeah mert is very:rolleyes:

Sorry my bad..didnt see ur edited post. Did u read about that guy from France that drove all the way from France to Turkey to get his car DA Motorsport'd and got abandoned and ripped off big time by Mert? Holy shit.. and also that Fiber Design guy w/ the sponsored 330ci with the DA Motorsport 245rwhp 330 manual turbo kit lol... *shiner*

STALKER
02-14-2007, 12:32 AM
OT: Pej, when r u sending your M to D/A to get all custom engine work done + SC since ure not selling the car anymore hurry2 before spring comes.
I wish, they are actually just completing a custom SC kit. They just finished putting on a full Moton suspension and Brembo GTR brakes, $$$$$$$.
No more modding for me.

Furious
02-14-2007, 04:10 AM
Sorry my bad..didnt see ur edited post. Did u read about that guy from France that drove all the way from France to Turkey to get his car DA Motorsport'd and got abandoned and ripped off big time by Mert? Holy shit.. and also that Fiber Design guy w/ the sponsored 330ci with the DA Motorsport 245rwhp 330 manual turbo kit lol... *shiner*

yeah i think i remember the second one, the first one is legendary.

They are good with you only when they want to sell you something. When I started asking questions, then they got real ugly real fast. I found them rude, unproffesional, and would never give them a dime. But thats me....

yeah i was worried that would happen after i spend my money with them but any issue or question i had , they helped me out asap. even on weekends when they are closed.
sorry to hear you had a fall out with them.

STALKER
02-14-2007, 11:32 AM
yeah i think i remember the second one, the first one is legendary.

yeah i was worried that would happen after i spend my money with them but any issue or question i had , they helped me out asap. even on weekends when they are closed.
sorry to hear you had a fall out with them.
Sh*t happens sometimes, glad it worked out for you at least with them.

b_w.
03-02-2007, 02:55 AM
Go Schrick. Proven and tested for many years. NA and SC cams are the same.
um no...fi and na cams are not the same...

jeffrie
03-02-2007, 07:19 AM
um no...fi and na cams are not the same...

Pls explain, I'm also looking into this for my FI'd M44.

b_w.
03-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Pls explain, I'm also looking into this for my FI'd M44.

na cams can be used with superchargers, but if you have a turbo setup and want different cams you want turbo specific cams...na shrick cams are not good for a turbo....the duration and overlap is different...

sorry, i looked back at the post...na and supercharger cams are the same lol*shiner*