PDA

View Full Version : supercharged g35...what is making this noise!!

JMW
02-06-2007, 12:08 AM
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/398e9b98-2725-4a91-9dc0-989500d2b4bf.htm

guys at 40 seconds...when he lets off the throttle..what is that noise??? blowoffvalve, orr wastegate...
he has a vortech supercharger it says...soooo does this mean i can have a blow off valve or wastegate on my supercharger setup??
i want the nooiiseeee ....sam said i can do it, but risk my check engine light being on..big deal
and other said ill lose power...what do u guys think i needdds to knowww

arent waastegates only for turbo applications??? .then again i thought i saw one on an eaton charger..someeeoneeee help me with ure knowledge

furious........sickfinga.. im lookin at u to answer this one

-neil

SpoolinS6
02-06-2007, 03:44 AM
its a b.o.v
only turbo'ed cars have wastegates
you cant run on or i wouldent recomend running one because when u one an open ambient b.o.v all the air going is is controlled by the maf or afm w.e u wanna call it and u have the risk of the computer richening up the fuel too much and popping the motor you can run a diverter valve like the one sloveniaboy is selling.....

JMW
02-06-2007, 07:43 AM
what does the diverter valve do...is it good to put on??
and ye i herd about running ro rich as well

Axxe
02-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Neil, you have a diverter valve right now, recirculates the boost to infront of the charger but behind the MAF. Don't put a BOV, it will run rich and cause all sorts of problems down the road. All for just a noise? Big deal, ricer :P

Boots R
02-06-2007, 08:39 AM
ricer

I wanted someone else to say before I did. :D

SickFinga
02-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Forget BOV sound, it sucks, grrrrrrrrr I mean blows.
This is a proper noise.

Twin Screw FTMFW

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2lQX3cOAbes"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2lQX3cOAbes" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Axxe
02-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Vlad, isn't that an eaton blower?

Boots R
02-06-2007, 09:00 AM
^^^Nah, Kenne Bell T/S

JMW
02-06-2007, 10:11 AM
lmfao yes im a ricer allright .....

and i know twin screw sounds sick
mines still loud...but that guy had a vortech supercharer like moi..so i was like wtf why does it sound like that

ps....tomek,,, is all my spelling correct? hahah ive cleaned up my act
LIBRARY today, you excited?

SickFinga
02-06-2007, 10:20 AM
lmfao yes im a ricer allright .....

and i know twin screw sounds sick
mines still loud...but that guy had a vortech supercharer like moi..so i was like wtf why does it sound like that

ps....tomek,,, is all my spelling correct? hahah ive cleaned up my act
LIBRARY today, you excited?

What blower you got? V1?

JMW
02-06-2007, 10:22 AM
yes sir

DriveItSideways
02-06-2007, 10:30 AM
if you want the noise get and electric bov, but thats just down right gay imo lol

JMW
02-06-2007, 10:33 AM
wtf is that lol
i dont reallly want the noise..mines loud enough...
its just that hearing that g35 with my blower..well im sure its not the exact same but w.e

i was like woooowww thats a scary noise

SickFinga
02-06-2007, 10:46 AM
wtf is that lol
i dont reallly want the noise..mines loud enough...
its just that hearing that g35 with my blower..well im sure its not the exact same but w.e

i was like woooowww thats a scary noise

IMO, if you only got 300rwhp, dont even try to make any extra noises.
Once you are making 600+whp, than you can really play. But still, quieter = better.

JMW
02-06-2007, 10:48 AM
oook fineeeeeee
i have more than 300!! like 330 lol

SickFinga
02-06-2007, 10:50 AM
btw, Randy used to have BOV, he told me he hated it and sound wasnt as he expected. Try PMing him

JMW
02-06-2007, 10:54 AM
randy...as in
EMPOWERED randy...ye hes pretty much my idol hes callin me today bout parts ill ask him then thanks bro

SickFinga
02-06-2007, 10:54 AM
oook fineeeeeee
i have more than 300!! like 330 lol
doubt it, ;) but still

JMW
02-06-2007, 10:58 AM
lol^^ ure prob right i donno how much i have iill dyno juuust for u in the spring

SickFinga
02-06-2007, 11:00 AM
lol^^ ure prob right i donno how much i have iill dyno juuust for u in the spring

Just wondering, what mods you got?

JMW
02-06-2007, 11:02 AM
hmmmm

supercharger...exhaust...
thats it...therefore ure right
300 rwhp...

im goin stage 2 once its developed though

JMW
02-06-2007, 11:02 AM
what do u have to ure car???
charger....
straight pipes..
what else?
i wanna see it i dont think i have...ive only herd about the legend of the car the u drive.lol i hear its sick

SickFinga
02-06-2007, 11:06 AM
what do u have to ure car???
charger....
straight pipes..
what else?

11psi Vortech V2-SQ
3.5" Euro M3 HFM
38lbs injectors
M50 manifold
RMS Ceramicoated headers
Active Autowerke Track Pipe
Active Autowerke Exhaust
Spec Stage II e34 m5 clutch
UUC Stage II flywheel

What exhaust you got?

JMW
02-06-2007, 11:09 AM
wow...nice

-im ordering the stage II e34 m5 clutch what do u think about it?? mine slips i need a new performance one
-as well as UUC II flywheel
-m50 manifold when i can find one, gotta talk to bruce
-traction control delete
-larger throttle body
and im looking for headers but i donno what company to go with

JMW
02-06-2007, 11:14 AM
and you said stright pipe isnt worth it..right?

SickFinga
02-06-2007, 11:24 AM
wow...nice

-im ordering the stage II e34 m5 clutch what do u think about it?? mine slips i need a new performance one
-as well as UUC II flywheel
-m50 manifold when i can find one, gotta talk to bruce
-traction control delete
-larger throttle body
and im looking for headers but i donno what company to go with

Dont order kevlar clutch, talk to UUC they'll tell you with which one to go. I believe they actually still have clutch guide on their site somewhere. Read it.
Flywheel is good, but noisy.
Talk to VF if they offer traction control delete piping with their stage ii blower.
Due to aftercooler in my car, there was no room for it.
Larger throttle body is a waste IMO.

Dont go with headers/straight pipes for now. I suggest spending that money on cams.

JMW
02-06-2007, 11:25 AM
ye i jsut talked to bruce he said go cams and headers from AA
soooo thats what im gunna do for nowski
thanks alot man.

SickFinga
02-06-2007, 11:31 AM
ye i jsut talked to bruce he said go cams and headers from AA
soooo thats what im gunna do for nowski
thanks alot man.

Cams from AA? I believe they only make turbo cams. You dont want that.
Go with Schrick or Sunbelts. I'd go with Schrick though, proven and tested for many years

PedroBMW
02-06-2007, 11:46 AM
you can always use a bov if u go standalone using a MAP, seems a bit excessive for sound though:D *wiggle*

Axxe
02-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Neil, M50 manifold is pointless for you if you are moving to stage II, which is a water to air intercooler built into the manifold (i'd imagine a badass high flow manifold).

Also, VAC makes cams for supercharged use, any opinion on those Vlad? Or do N/A cams work well on a centrifugal charger? Too much overlap is bad on a forced induction motor.

Axxe
02-06-2007, 01:20 PM
you can always use a bov if u go standalone using a MAP, seems a bit excessive for sound though:D *wiggle*

Yeah, especially when VF did such a nice job with the tuning for their kit.

Jon@Bimmersport
02-06-2007, 01:34 PM
From the guys at Bimmersport:

Dont act stupid *no-no*

Wait till you go stage 2 (unless you get into another acccident :P), I think you should worry about your walmart special tires rather than a "vrooom pshhhh"

So, Neil buddy let me ask you...since your going stage 2, what are you doing with the M50 manifold?? Since the cooling unit is going to be built into the manifold? If you go with all those things Neil, your s/c warranty voids and all that. Your software must be kept from VF (GIAC), which can't be possible if you add an M50 manifold.

AA headers from what bruce is mentioning is an E46 application, they remove the cats on the E46. If YOU were to go headers, go with supersprint.

P.S. Your wrong again buddy, 300rwhp is what your car puts STOCK with the s/c..with your added catback its not much but maybe 5-10rwhp is added.

My word of advice, is follow this list:

#1 - New tires
#2 - New clutch/flywheel
#3 - Replace front shocks
#4 - Work on the rest of the car (susp. bushings, sway bar kit, AA DSB,)
#5 - Now go stage 2

I would much rather just go FI after my swap, but if Im going to be hanging with E46 M3...I have to be able to beat them in all other aspects. Anyways, you havent even utilized the power you have already...master this then go stage 2. IMO you should have done this before even going stage 1, I dont need to bring up why..

Boots R
02-06-2007, 01:47 PM
WALMART SPECIAL TIRES!?

Neil, change those NOW.

you dissapoint me.

JMW
02-06-2007, 02:34 PM
ure an idiot john....
i was jkin about the exhaust giving me 330..i admited to having 300

i ment having the m50 manifold for now u ass....

and im doing clutch flywheel
headers
and cams

-neil

Jon@Bimmersport
02-06-2007, 04:15 PM
ure an idiot john....
i was jkin about the exhaust giving me 330..i admited to having 300

i ment having the m50 manifold for now u ass....

and im doing clutch flywheel
headers
and cams

-neil

I was actually helping you out, you car MAY put more than the 300RWHP ADVERTISED by VF because you have a dinan cat back (yeilding more HP than stock). If you'd rather go by an average figure on a stock example,. rather than yours go ahead. Im just speaking from real experience not reading off a company's website. :rolleyes:

I know you meant for now, but you didnt even read my post. In order to have a new manifold work properly on a stock M3 or 328, you dont NEED software but it helps..in your case you need it.

Email VF and see if they make software for your car with cams, and manifold...you will have to get it especially if you do cams, and if I were you Id keep the s/c warranty because a rebuild costs a lot and ONLY vortech supplies the parts.

Dont call me an idiot, because Im the one who installed your kit which your still learning about (basics might I add). If someone posts their opinion and you dont like it, dont call em to delete it...its what happens when you ask questions, you get replies with opinions.

Oh yea, what cams are you getting? Your not gonna put the shocks? Come on man, this is pure JDM stylezzz!

Boots R
02-06-2007, 04:34 PM
lol what the **** is happening hahaha

Red_Liner740
02-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Thats a SuperSequential Blow off Valve that the guy has on his G35.

And you can run a Blow off Valve on MAF cars as long as the MAF is a blow through setup and the BOV is before the MAF.

Even a CBV (Compressor Bypass Valve) which dumps the air into the intake before the compressor will make noise....

i was running 16psi on my turbo with the CBV and a cone filter setup and it sounded damn loud...

SickFinga
02-07-2007, 02:52 AM
If you go with all those things Neil, your s/c warranty voids and all that. Your software must be kept from VF (GIAC), which can't be possible if you add an M50 manifold.

Jon, you dot have to get software for the M50 manifold.
Also installing M50 manifold wont void your warranty.
Even if something happens to his kit, its gonna happen to his blower or thermoplastic. VF will just replace thermoplastic, and blower will be sent to Vortech for a rebuilt. Unless he installs a smaller pulley that will overrev his blower, M50 manifold, cams, etc none of that crap will void the warranty.
Even if he decideds to get custom software, it wont void hardware's warranty.

AA headers from what bruce is mentioning is an E46 application, they remove the cats on the E46. If YOU were to go headers, go with supersprint.

AA has E36 headers. And forget supersprint. Get AA headers, they bolt right up to the stock cats, and then they'll bolt up to the AA track pipe if he decides to go with them. If he gets supersprint, then he'll have to custom fit it, and it gonna cost him, ask me how i know.

JMW
02-07-2007, 09:33 AM
^^ thanks man
he thinks he knows so much, which he usually does,
but does not have to be a dick about it

thinair
02-07-2007, 10:14 AM
That mustang sounds awesome, you can really hear the gear noise in that compressor. Although I'll admit the Eurosport is nice an muted, you can only really hear the gear noise with the hood open.

notjoe
02-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Forget BOV sound, it sucks, grrrrrrrrr I mean blows.
This is a proper noise.

Twin Screw FTMFW

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2lQX3cOAbes"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2lQX3cOAbes" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

That sounds sick!

notjoe
02-07-2007, 12:13 PM
That mustang sounds awesome, you can really hear the gear noise in that compressor. Although I'll admit the Eurosport is nice an muted, you can only really hear the gear noise with the hood open.

But that is only inside the car...i have yet to hear it while being outside of it. Maybe someone can chime in and tell us what it sounds like from the outside?

JMW
02-07-2007, 01:15 PM
ive herd joes before cabluwy
it sounds sick

Boots R
02-07-2007, 01:31 PM
ive herd joes before cabluwy
it sounds sick

:huh?: Is that even a word?

propr'one
02-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Joe, if you REALLY want to know what it sounds like from the outside, we can arrange something.

:P

john, stop ripping on neil's car. He may not be able to rebuild his own motor, but he does what 99% of the people on max dont do. Consistantly drop cold hard cash into his car.

having said that, neil i want your damn tires, stop storing them on concrete.

and yes, you do need better ones.

notjoe
02-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Joe, if you REALLY want to know what it sounds like from the outside, we can arrange something.

I still owe ya so you know whats gonna be coming your way once the cash sucking whore is broken in ;P

JMW
02-07-2007, 02:18 PM
ye u can hav them bro...
i am getitn new ones...

and boots...i was trying to write..
CAAAA BLLLEWWWWYYY......as in BOOM! i donno how the **** to spell it...i hate when paul "weee" christians pozzzesssezzzzzzzzzmrsmdfsmzzessss me,.,,shit GET OUT OF MY BODY PAUL!@!@!@ AHHH
ROLF

Boots R
02-07-2007, 03:10 PM
and boots...i was trying to write..
CAAAA BLLLEWWWWYYY......as in BOOM!

lol KA BLAMO would have worked too.

i donno how the **** to spell it...i hate when paul "weee" christians pozzzesssezzzzzzzzzmrsmdfsmzzessss me,.,,shit GET OUT OF MY BODY PAUL!@!@!@ AHHH

Maybe you should stop typing on Paul's keyboard...

http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/4288/pp04bp9.jpg

Understated
02-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Maybe you should stop typing on Paul's keyboard...

http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/4288/pp04bp9.jpg
:D :D :D :D :D :D BEST POST EVER BY BOOTS!!!!!!

JMW
02-07-2007, 03:45 PM
i jsut died laughin

Boots R
02-07-2007, 03:57 PM
i jsut died laughin

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2269/wheeeeeeul5.jpg

*smoke**smoke* *uzi* *rockout* *drink*

Axxe
02-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Lmao

Jon@Bimmersport
02-07-2007, 08:42 PM
yo neil man i told you i wasnt trying to be a dick, i was trying to help you out with the figure. plus, remember themomma jokes? :P

vladimir..im going by what VF specified for warranty.

i love your car neil dont get me wrong...but i mean, if your going to dump so much money into it, why not do the cheap stuff as well. ($300 shocks - $1500+ s/c upgrade)

JMW
02-07-2007, 09:29 PM
im goin to do shocks

Hound
02-08-2007, 07:38 PM
I have seen and heard a Stang just like that out by pauls, except the thing is DUMPED and I Mean DUMPED on the ground with tires that are AT LEAST 345's if not bigger. Was wittness to him racing a couple of bikes on the HWY on my way home one night, he won.... I FINNALY caught up and gave him a *th-up* and he returned it :D took me about 2-3 minutes to catch up tho LMAO so good!