PDA

View Full Version : How good are OEM BMW Alarms?

BMW_M52_M20
12-17-2002, 06:09 AM
I figure that if a pro really wants your car, he will tax it! Has anyone had there bimmer broken into and stolen with an OEM alarm on? I have the OEM one on mine, and supposidly, I think it kills the fuel pump/engine kill.
Any thoughts?
Jay

mkgino
12-17-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Jays_Arctic323is
I figure that if a pro really wants your car, he will tax it! Has anyone had there bimmer broken into and stolen with an OEM alarm on? I have the OEM one on mine, and supposidly, I think it kills the fuel pump/engine kill.
Any thoughts?
Jay

Thats what I thought too but its not the case. The best way for any car is not to put an alarm on, but to get a kill switch put in. Then just hide the button somewhere only you know about and your all set. But they can still put it on a flatbet and drive away so......:(

Jeroen
12-17-2002, 06:10 PM
What I know is that models built since january '95 come equipped with EWSII.EWSII is an electronic immobilizer,it uses a coded key and when wrong key is used the engine management control module and the starter are disabled:)

piotrek636
12-18-2002, 12:30 AM
You can always get aftermarket alarm like UNGO or Clifforfd with proximity sensor and even a pager.

many people go for tracking devices like boomerang.
*wiggle*

///Greco540
12-18-2002, 12:56 AM
My cuz in DC has a M3 and he puts in a code once he shuts it off. It seems factory because he has to enter it on his factory radio.

He said it was the facotry kill switch.

Correct em if I'm wrong.

//Greco540

mkgino
12-18-2002, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by ///Greco540
My cuz in DC has a M3 and he puts in a code once he shuts it off. It seems factory because he has to enter it on his factory radio.

He said it was the facotry kill switch.

Correct em if I'm wrong.

//Greco540

That is factory, but only M3's come standard with it

bart320i
12-18-2002, 06:24 PM
the best solution these days is Bomerang. Most other alarms can be manipulated. I know of a person that had the bomerang on his RX7. The car was stolen and he had it in his drive way in two weeks due to repairs

moerom
12-18-2002, 07:11 PM
Boomerang II ---> best one out there, has tracking via police and independent agencies.... *th-up*