PDA

View Full Version : Z4MC Mod Update

Lester
01-30-2007, 07:38 AM
Here's my mod list...

Super Sprint Race Exhaust - Arrived last week!
Dave Z CDV - Arrived last week
RE Clutch Stop - Arrived last week
BMW Z4 OE STB - On order
Bimmian Micro Antenna - On order

That's it... No more mods - I promised myself when I ordered this car I would not mod it, really!

*no-no*

Thinking about...

Hawk HT-10 Front pads for track days
19" Wheels & PS2's

Stop, Stop, someone please stop me...

Quack
01-30-2007, 09:25 AM
you can't stop, it's a disease, can't wait to see pics of the progress.

Bartacus
01-30-2007, 10:35 AM
I can stop you. Just give me any money you were planning to spend on mods. You can live vicariously through me as I mod my E46 with your money. :D Your car is so nice man, I don't think I could leave it alone either. Once you start "personalizing" cars, it doesn't stop. No matter WHAT car you drive. I swear, most of us would mod Aston Martins if we owned em!

Bart

propr'one
01-31-2007, 01:19 PM
^^yup. i need at least 5 tv's in my aston martin.

JUS_CRZN
01-31-2007, 04:32 PM
You are addicted and luv it!

kerisabe
02-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Nice! When r u puttin on the SS Race? Make a vid while ur at it and POST IT HERE :D

Lester
02-08-2007, 06:59 AM
Nice! When r u puttin on the SS Race? Make a vid while ur at it and POST IT HERE :DGonna be another 6-7 weeks...

JazzM
02-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Forget about the HT10s. They will kill your rotors (unless you get a set just for the track).

Instead just get SS Lines, Good brake fluid that won't boil so soon, and a set of nice high performance pads. Hawk HPS will be more then what you'll need and they will work well on the street too.

Also 19" wheels are generally heavier and will make your ride slower.

BTW, I have a ROAR CF intake for the S54 laying around. Let me know if you're interested. Comes with a larger MAF as well. Picture is in my sig below.

T.

Lester
02-16-2007, 07:59 AM
Forget about the HT10s. They will kill your rotors (unless you get a set just for the track).

Instead just get SS Lines, Good brake fluid that won't boil so soon, and a set of nice high performance pads. Hawk HPS will be more then what you'll need and they will work well on the street too.

Also 19" wheels are generally heavier and will make your ride slower.

BTW, I have a ROAR CF intake for the S54 laying around. Let me know if you're interested. Comes with a larger MAF as well. Picture is in my sig below.

T.Track day pads only. Thanks for the offer on the intake - however, I'm told they can actually reduce HP in the S54...

///MsAniTy
02-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Lester why not lower the car a little, it will improve your handling alot.

Lester
02-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Lester why not lower the car a little, it will improve your handling alot.No coilovers this year...:D

kerisabe
02-20-2007, 12:06 PM
BlueSky is selling a set of OEM CSL headers and OEM Euro cats, get themmm and pair it up with your SS race setup. It'll be sickkk.

Lester
03-20-2007, 08:11 AM
I'm ordering the Supersprint X-Pipe (resonator delete) for the Coupe today to go along with the Race exhaust cans. Apparently the X-pipe provides a little more low end on the sound without adding any sound level and provides a little more power due to the restrictive nature of the stock pipe (diameter and resonator). The system itself should be ~ 5-6db on average > stock and/or the SS Sport mufflers...

I'm ordering from Tunerworks in Calgary - anyone here have any experience with these guys?

Thanks,
Dave

AceOfSpades
03-20-2007, 03:59 PM
i feel sorry for you. Its not gonna stop. you can try as much as you want....but its gonna be in vain

Lester
04-14-2007, 11:15 AM
All Mods Complete - General thoughts...

- CDV - Can't believe BMW puts these Clutch Delay Valves in - car is truly a pleasure without it, much more intuitive now

- Exhaust - SuperSprint race sounds great - should have come from the factory this way - little drone at cruise - growls like crazy on the throttle!

- STB - Looks great

- Engineered Automotive window decals - look great

inTgr8r
04-14-2007, 01:03 PM
sweet... *th-up*

330DTM
04-15-2007, 11:51 PM
I can't wait to see your car at the MCoupe Meet. Remember to give a little nice rev or WOT drive by when I'm filming :)