PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pads

JeorgeBaptista
12-16-2002, 12:25 PM
Does anyone know where one could purchase good aftermarket brake pads.

Made the mistake of purchasing Crapy Tire brake pads. (They do truely suck!!!)

Also I need to purchase front strut mounts and rear shock mounts and a steering rack.

A reasonable aftermarket source would be great. I'm sick of Crapy Tire and dread the dealer.

maverick
12-16-2002, 02:01 PM
PBR Metal masters are good you can get them any perfornmance shop. im sure they will chew the hell out of your rotors it did mine in. though I have a set of carbon fiber weave pads there real good and not too dusty. I cant remember the name of the place I got them I will let you know. if your intrested.

JeorgeBaptista
12-16-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by maverick
PBR Metal masters are good you can get them any perfornmance shop. im sure they will chew the hell out of your rotors it did mine in. though I have a set of carbon fiber weave pads there real good and not too dusty. I cant remember the name of the place I got them I will let you know. if your intrested.

How's the performance of the C/F pads? I've heard that they have to get quite warm before they start biting.

Let me know where you got them.

Jeorge

maverick
12-16-2002, 04:18 PM
Ive never had a problem with the ones I have now and im still driving my car.:(

I remember it was www.kvrperformance.com if you want to check them out the hawk pads are really good too.

Bad Man
12-30-2002, 10:19 PM
Anyone know any local place?--my brakes run fine i think ---but some light says that there might be something wrong---and I ain't goin to the dealer and paying a fortune there!!!!

Glenn 328is
12-31-2002, 01:54 PM
Hawk HPS pads are sweet. Refinish your rotors before installing. And install them yourself if you can. It takes like 10 minutes for each one.

punnzzells
12-31-2002, 02:31 PM
Brake pads... I have had hawks and KVR pads.... i did not like them.... i now have PBR metal masters and I have had no problems stopping.... just have to heat them up a bit b4, but i think that they are a better feeling, better stopping brake pad.... they are good for light track use as well....

Jorge,

Pm me and I will get you a set of pads and brembro rotors if you want...

Mike.

*wiggle*

Bad Man
12-31-2002, 10:11 PM
How would I know if I need to get new Rotors and brake pads?---like I said they work fine I THINK--but some light is scaring the shit out of me.....