PDA

View Full Version : ADR Stage II wheels..

tWeAkEr
12-16-2002, 01:11 AM
Ey all Im looking at the ADR stage IIs (ie. m50e30s kind).. and I know they fit the e30 cuz they r 4x100 bolt pattern n such, but im wondering if I need spacers or any of that good stuff. Anyone know about these rims and what I need to include for them to fit?

Jon@Bimmersport
12-16-2002, 01:13 AM
yea you need spacers...but dont bother, M50E30 is always ranting and raving about his rims

tWeAkEr
12-16-2002, 03:16 AM
ranting and raving in a good way?

WASABI
12-16-2002, 01:09 PM
PM him, I bet he's got some stories for you. Ask him how many time has he driven his car after he got the wheels. :D

He had some problems with the bolts.

tWeAkEr
12-16-2002, 09:14 PM
i Pmed him a while ago bout it, never got a reply =(. you guys r so mysterious. What exactly happened.. im just planning on doing Highway driving, not autox or anything like that.

M50E30
12-16-2002, 11:53 PM
Sorry for not being on the NET...period! Jesus! I just got my computer back from getting it fixed. Yes they require spacers due to the high offset of +42mm (optimal E30 offset is +23mm to +25mm, which will also depend on the width of the wheel). I'm in no rush to find hardened bolts since spring is awhile away. If you can find a set of wheels that directly bolt on then I suggest you get them. Why? I can't count how many times that my stock wheels have been on and off the car with no bolt failures.

tWeAkEr
12-17-2002, 04:36 AM
Hmm I see what you mean, how do you think those wheels will last all year long, since Im in cali I really don't have a need for taking them on and off for winter or anything to that extent. Plus I don't have spares for autox yet. But for the time being those are just to phat for me to pass on. Still I don't think ill be able to match such a sick looking ride =(.

M50E30
12-17-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by tWeAkEr
Hmm I see what you mean, how do you think those wheels will last all year long, since Im in cali I really don't have a need for taking them on and off for winter or anything to that extent.

Well make damn shure that you are getting high grade hardened bolts that are the proper length. Trust me it is really nerve racking when your wheel almost falls off on the highway!

Dave

tWeAkEr
12-18-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by M50E30
Well make damn shure that you are getting high grade hardened bolts that are the proper length. Trust me it is really nerve racking when your wheel almost falls off on the highway!

Dave

good god lol. Any preference to what company, and size for the bolts.. im gonna get the 17 inch version of the wheel. (sorta asked the same question in other post lol)

M50E30
12-19-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by tWeAkEr
good god lol. Any preference to what company, and size for the bolts.. im gonna get the 17 inch version of the wheel. (sorta asked the same question in other post lol)

I haven't started to research them fully yet since it is winter, but try http://www.radgmbh.com/ for starters.