12-15-2002, 11:31 PM
who do u guys tink is the best brand of speakers out there
(no price limit)

jeremy
12-15-2002, 11:37 PM
i personaly like cerwin vega*th-up*

Bob bimmer
12-15-2002, 11:43 PM
Hey Jeremy is right there, but there are some other good ones out there. Personaly I like JDL, it's not to expensive and they sound great. Also Clarion has some kick ass stuff, but the one you should stay away from are Sony Xplods. Trust me they are called Xplods for a reason!

jeremy
12-15-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Bob bimmer
Hey Jeremy is right there, but there are some other good ones out there. Personaly I like JDL, it's not to expensive and they sound great. Also Clarion has some kick ass stuff, but the one you should stay away from are Sony Xplods. Trust me they are called Xplods for a reason!

i have a 15" sony xplod in my trunk.....i dont think its too bad...before i was running 2 orion 10"s ...now those pound

Jase
12-15-2002, 11:49 PM
I prefer a good set of kicker's, not the starter speakers...resolution only. I used to have a set of MB quarts they were real nice sounding, a bit overpriced

Bob bimmer
12-15-2002, 11:59 PM
NO NO NO Jermey, you got me wrong there. He was asking about speakers, and in that case Xplods are horrible I find because I used to have 6x9's in the back and they blew on me. As for the subs now thats a different story their sub are great, I actually had 2 12'' and they were great subs, well until I switched to the Thunder Edition MTX which are WAY BETTER. But the subs are way better than the speakers!

SickFinga
12-16-2002, 12:20 AM
Boston Acoustics Pro
I've never seen a speaker that can handle more than those.

I know Cerwin Vega makes good studio/club speaks, but car sub... i haed only bad stuff about them.

jeremy
12-16-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Bob bimmer
NO NO NO Jermey, you got me wrong there. He was asking about speakers, and in that case Xplods are horrible I find because I used to have 6x9's in the back and they blew on me. As for the subs now thats a different story their sub are great, I actually had 2 12'' and they were great subs, well until I switched to the Thunder Edition MTX which are WAY BETTER. But the subs are way better than the speakers!

dont get me wrong...i'm not sayin sony subs are great...because there not.....but for 99.99 at 1000 watt...wut the hell...i dont care that much for audio anyways....too much additional weight

SickFinga
12-16-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by jeremy

dont get me wrong...i'm not sayin sony subs are great...because there not.....but for 99.99 at 1000 watt...wut the hell...i dont care that much for audio anyways....too much additional weight

1000watt? you must be tripping.

I love Sony in electronics, like BMW in cars, but they suck for car audio.

jeremy
12-16-2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by SickFinga

1000watt? you must be tripping.

I love Sony in electronics, like BMW in cars, but they suck for car audio.

got mine on sale http://www.xplodsony.com/products/?CATEGORY=Subwoofers&MD=XS-L1536

MP328
12-16-2002, 01:30 AM
i got a Diamond and i dont know much about it hehe it was pricey and it's real aluminum not like the fake plastic MTX

Bill Gates
12-16-2002, 01:33 AM
when your talking watts, 1000 watts is way overrated. its RMS you want, Continuous Power Handling.

if were talking car audio:

for subs: JL Audio
Components: MB Quarts or Boston Accoustics.

as for Sony.... IMO they make lousy speakers, and amps. but they are priced for low-mid range. for highend audio, you definitely want to stay away from Sony.... Their ok for recreational, but if you want reference quality, the highend players will blow them away....

check out JL Audio's new line of subwoofers... 1000 Watts RMS Recommended.... *love*

RIKS RYD
12-16-2002, 02:29 AM
ok guys , if your talking mids/high's then you have to go with FOCAL they r expensive but no other components touch them, mb quarts are really good too.As far as subs go , it is such a wide choice of speaker.. i would personally go with either JL AUDIO or
CERWIN VEGA(for bass only) but you know it don't mean much(watts)your speakers say, it is how much rms and the amp that your using!! so buy any good speaker , but make sure to buy a good amp!!

Slowered318
12-16-2002, 02:55 AM
I like to keep it all one brand ..my old E30 had all phoenix gold with a Clarion deck and my current car is 100% Eclipse. they all seem to match together nicely.. but if you wan't to make a hybrid i would suggest...

Sorce units: (deck cd changer ect.)
Eclipse (amazing clarity) or Clarion (if your on a budget)

Mids: (components)
MB Quart, Boston Acoustics or Eclipse (if insane volume levels isn't a must)

Subs:
JL Audio

Amps:
I'm not too shure who makes the best one.. but Eclipse makes a great A class but not much power. kicker seems to have a lot of power in their D class.

RIKS RYD
12-16-2002, 03:00 AM
well i like eclispe but there head units are know to skip alot and there tracking decives screw up recept

as a deck i would go with either(PIONEER-ALPINE-CLARION)

Slowered318
12-16-2002, 03:00 AM
Car audio magazine is a great sorce for info.. you can grab a copy they have product reviews showdowns and they seem to support small companys with a good edge on the industry.

maverick
12-16-2002, 12:44 PM
FOCAL makes the nicest stuff I HAVE EVER HEARD makes sony look like a Fisher Price toy not cheap though $2500 for the component set there subs are loud and they have stackable amplifiers. If you have the money. it makes my pheonix gold system sound very outdated. AND you dont have to wait 6 months for something to comeback from Eclipse if it breaks there customer service is HOrrible. they even have a open air sub now if you want to save on space and weight. Focal dealer is replace on site.

maverick
12-16-2002, 12:52 PM
OH yea the FOCAL's sound good no mater what you want to listen too the subs are more then enough bass for the dance and not too much for say classical. EVERYTHING I listend to blew me away with those. If I had the money thats what id go with.*th-up*

RIKS RYD
12-16-2002, 06:48 PM
for sure Maverick , i had focal in my civic. and they were the best !! the quality of sound was amamzing. i had 2 10's and they would out pump and out class any 12's i heard!!!