PDA

View Full Version : Brand Loyalty

gscully
12-15-2002, 06:42 PM
I just read that thread about the dodge commercial and I noticed the huge amount of brand loyalty. To anyone that has brand loyalty, why??? Trust me car companies are not loyal to you, they just want your damn money. I say if you like a car than who really cares who made it. I can see the argument of quality, if a company has made quality cars in the past then they probably will continue to do so. There are many companies that have reputations for making quality products and companies can also improve. I personally have no brand loyalty I have owned a Ford probe gt, honda civic and a suzuki gsx-r600.

Slowered318
12-15-2002, 06:52 PM
That is true.. other companys make good cars but if you want the best there is only one choice.... BMW :D

Lennon
12-15-2002, 06:54 PM
Who gives a rats ass if you don't have brand loyalty, have you EVER even stepped into a BMW dealer????? First let me say thats its totally the people that make a dealer. second that the attitude of the dealership as a whole has an influence as well. So some dealers are far better then others when it comes to customer satisfaction.

Now my point, as far as "BMW" wanting to sink there hands in your wallet and are only after your money, its a business. Just like any other, when someone walks into a store, the owner of that store wants nothing more than for that potential customer to buy something. But theres a HUGE diff between wanting your money and not caring about you, and wanting your money, but at the same time, trying there damn best to meet your (customer) needs. When you said car companies are not loyal to you, where do you get off saying that? I work at a BMW dealer, and let me tell you something. If it weren't for the people there, and how much they care about their customers, the dealership wouldn't exist! Everyone there, takes huge pride in there work, which involves for the most part, customers.

So before you go spouting off about how companies just are in it for your money, go and check them out first hand, I don't know how Honda and Ford treated you, maybe you had a bad experience, or caught someone on there "off" day. which is just to darn bad for you.

I love my BMW. Love the company, and are proud to say that I work for them.

Slowered318
12-15-2002, 07:12 PM
I totally agree with you lennon! i've been to bmw dealers countless times and never felt i'm not an important costomer. I've never had a problem going for a test drive, getting information, or just spending an hour admireing beautifull cars just to cheer me up.

EXCEPT parts dept. some of thoes guys just don't help at all but then again my car is quite out dated! Do you know of any parts rep that has a good understanding of E30 318's you could refer me to?

gscully
12-15-2002, 07:52 PM
lennon, I wasn't making a personal attack on you but you're kidding yourself if you think that the company is after anything but your money. They push customer service to try to get brand loyalty and it seems as their plans work on some. That's not to say they're aren't very nice people working at certain dealerships but they're are nice people working at dealerships for many different car companies. I personally buy used cars so the dealer is not relevant and I do repairs myself.

have you EVER even stepped into a BMW dealer????? Can you explain to me the relevance of this question?

When you said car companies are not loyal to you, where do you get off saying that?
You think they're loyal to you? Are kidding me, they'll do whatever it takes to maximize profit that's the way of business. They are loyal to their shareholders. If you think otherwise then you're walking around in a fantasy land.*wiggle*

Jon@Bimmersport
12-15-2002, 07:57 PM
I think the only car maker that makes quality cars is Honda. BMW is way overpriced and not fast enough.

bart320i
12-15-2002, 08:10 PM
It's true. A company is only loyal to it's shareholders. If the shareholders wanted a division gone they wouldn't give a rats ass about who works in that division. I go to school for Human Resources. They teach us every day that "We don't work for the employees. We work for the shareholders.". Good customer service is a marketing tool to keep customers coming back and for new customers coming in. Dealerships only care about thier customers coming back through the doors. Do you really think quarterly accounting, marketing and sales reports have notes that rate how good a customer felt. NO.

Eurostyle
12-15-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by bart320i
It's true. A company is only loyal to it's shareholders. If the shareholders wanted a division gone they wouldn't give a rats ass about who works in that division. I go to school for Human Resources. They teach us every day that "We don't work for the employees. We work for the shareholders.". Good customer service is a marketing tool to keep customers coming back and for new customers coming in. Dealerships only care about thier customers coming back through the doors. Do you really think quarterly accounting, marketing and sales reports have notes that rate how good a customer felt. NO.

Thats because everything in this world involves money and profit! Its not just the car companys!!! If you go to a store and get good service, you most likely will come back, but if they treat you like an a$# hole you may never go there again! In most cases the owner of that store doesnt even know you and he will treat you good just to get your business!

mkgino
12-15-2002, 08:56 PM
I think large companies such as BMW or any large corporation, LIKE ROGERS INTERNET (assholes) dont really give much consideration to the little people. But I think the smaller privately owned businesses do actually care about their customers. I mean a local barber shop to whom you have been going to for a long time would go out of their way probably to give you an "extra good haircut" for a special occasion without you even asking for it. Its just that the BMW's etc. are so large they dont have that personal connection with their customers and thats why they try to keep "most" of their customers happy rather than trying to meet individual needs.

Eurostyle
12-15-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
I think the only car maker that makes quality cars is Honda. BMW is way overpriced and not fast enough.

You gotta stop smoking that sh#t....it f@%d with your brain!
How can you be so closed minded to say there is only one quality car maker!!!? Honda might make reliable cars but does not make it the best! :huh?: :huh?: :huh?:

mkgino
12-15-2002, 08:57 PM

Dont make me bitch slap u.

Alezone
12-15-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by gscully
lennon, I wasn't making a personal attack on you but you're kidding yourself if you think that the company is after anything but your money.

The first law of marketing... check the book if you don't know.

If a company doesn't make a profit, it will die. Making profit and get your money is RIGHT!!! But HOW is the trick. BMW knows how to treat the customer right. They don't push a customer, even if you just walked in there to chill, they let you do it.

honestly, 3 years ago i went to Sisley Honda, this sales guy kept pushing me to buy a civic, wtf. I was just trying to get a test drive actually. But his EFFORT just scared me away.

And what point do u wanna make? Because the others like their cars and you don't like yours? I feel sorry for you then.

Slowered318
12-16-2002, 04:08 AM

So honda's are fast now? AHHAHAHHAHA

the olny test is time.. compair any 10 year old bmw to a 10 year old honda and you'll see the superior quality and high strenth materials are in the bmw.

gscully
12-16-2002, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Slowered318

So honda's are fast now? AHHAHAHHAHA

the olny test is time.. compair any 10 year old bmw to a 10 year old honda and you'll see the superior quality and high strenth materials are in the bmw.

You're probably comparing a civic that 10 years ago was sold for $12,000 tops to a BMW sold ten years ago for maybe $40,000. Anyways, this thread was not at all anti BMW or pro any manufacturer, I'm just wondering what prompts people to misplace their loyalties in a company. I was not comparing the buying experience from one dealer to the next otherwise we'd all be driving Saturns. To me the most important thing is the product and whomever makes a product that I want (and can afford) will get my money. I will not by a product because I bought one from the same company prevoiusly.

And what point do u wanna make? Because the others like their cars and you don't like yours? I feel sorry for you then. I never made any remark about disliking my car where did you get that idea? You obviously can't read properly if you don't see the point of the thread. I was stating that loyalty in a company is misplaced and wondering why people misplace their loyalty like that. On a sidenote people that own Honduhs are probably the most brand loyal bunch, I happen to own one at the moment but have no loyalty to and company.

e36_freak
12-16-2002, 11:31 AM

JON!!!!!!! WTF are u smoking boy???!?!?!?!
honda's are fast??? LoL........

don't make me BITCH SLAP YOU!!! (like MKGINO SAID)

325Ryan
12-16-2002, 03:15 PM

i vote for jons name to be changed ...

e46_lover is now gay_lover

why u dissing bmws on a bmw forum?

koncise
12-16-2002, 03:33 PM

I think he was being sarcasic....... right? I mean look at his nick and sig. How could he not be? :P

(unless everyone else was joking too and I just look like a fool :D )