PDA

View Full Version : Street Racers Beware!!!!!

Thor7000
12-13-2002, 01:28 AM
I heard on the news today that the government passed a law today allowing Police to impound your vehicle if you where cought street racing, also your licence would get an instant 48 hr suspension!!

Also nitros is now illegal and any vehicle found with it will also be impounded and will not be released until it is removed.

And finally the Police will be cracking down on window tinting with a whole lotta fines!!!!

Sounds like a whole lotta people will have to work overtime to pay all the fines!!!!!
*uzi* the government &:moon: the cops

Gamite
12-13-2002, 01:31 AM
Window Tinting? Dont things like Caravan's come with stock tint?

KennyTheGreat
12-13-2002, 01:33 AM
it's mild tint tho

i remember i thought they were more than half way tinted so i started making faces at this bitch and she's looking at me like wtf.. lol

Thor7000
12-13-2002, 01:34 AM
I would imagine they where talking about aftermarket tinting, mainly on darkness.

e30_325_s52
12-13-2002, 01:36 AM
im pretty sure but could be wrong..but i think its 75% or more tinted in illeagel...thats wha i heard quite a few peps but correct me if im wrong

330DTM
12-13-2002, 01:38 AM
Tinting is allowed, but only a %of darkness is allowed.

For example for the front windows (driver side and passenger) there has to be at least 20% transparency. I forgot the correct figures.
The rear passenger windows can be a bit dark than the front, same w/the rear windshield, such as 10-15% transparency, whatever the figures are.

So if you have all your windows 5% transparency, obviously that's illegal

KennyTheGreat
12-13-2002, 01:38 AM
i think the minivan's tints are like 25 to 45 percent..

at Pacific mall i see all these MAJOR tinted preludes and all, even the windshield, lol

ROB89M3
12-13-2002, 01:44 AM
Now we know why the Toronto "Pigs" force is disliked ....not because of only racial profiling,but because of this kinda Baloney.

Why can't they just ignore these idiotic "streetracers", and concentrate on the more dangerous criminals roaming around our city.

They say that the police force is too shorthanded to go after the drug dealers,rapists,murderers etc etc,but meanwhile they waste all their time going after someone doing 10km over the speed limit.
This is a cash crop for the provincial gov't and it's just not right...:mad:

btw: I did recieve a ticket for going 60km in a 50 Zone...this was 5 years ago....:mad:

Instead of looking for criminals,they look to see what tint is too dark....c'mon Fantino,
get with it ....*thmbsdwn*

Thor7000
12-13-2002, 01:54 AM
This past summer I was at the Tim Hortins donut shop located at Woodbine and 16th Ave in Markham, I was on my sport bike with a freind just checking out all the modded cars when four cruisers came into the parking lot and started breaking everybody's BALLS!!

I totally agree, don't these cops have better things to do then bust balls for being parked in a mall???
:mad: :mad:

Slowered318
12-13-2002, 01:56 AM
What a bunch of HORSE $HIT!!!! I can understand the street racing. but NOS?? and window tint.. well olny an idot would tint his front window.

I agree with Rob they should be out cleaning up the streets.. but they are a bunch of lazy bitches so what do you expect! nos bottles are more important then some 15 year old girl getting gang raped, or people out at the club getting knifed over BS.

Jon@Bimmersport
12-13-2002, 02:13 AM
thats stupid nos is illegal..i'd put it under my seat like in the movie then!

MACI4LIFE
12-13-2002, 02:16 AM
I agree BUT honestly people what is the NO2 found in cars for??? Passing old ladies??

It's obvious that they're profiling but come on guys if they see NO2, then I think they can put 2 and 2 together.

And The tinting side of it will just make profiling even worse cause now it's all in the cops judgement and their there reason for pulling people over LEGALLY!! Oh well, i really couldn't care less, cause...

1. I don't have tints on my car.

2. It'll take more than NO2 to make my 157 hp 525 go fast!! LOL

Soldo
12-13-2002, 02:17 AM
i couldn't agree more, whats more important, WINDOW TINT, or all the gang violence going on in T.DOT, SCARBOROUGH, ETC.!!!!
and they wanna nail KIDS!!!
*no-no* *no-no* *no-no*

KennyTheGreat
12-13-2002, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Thor7000
This past summer I was at the Tim Hortins donut shop located at Woodbine and 16th Ave in Markham, I was on my sport bike with a freind just checking out all the modded cars when four cruisers came into the parking lot and started breaking everybody's BALLS!!

I totally agree, don't these cops have better things to do then bust balls for being parked in a mall???
:mad: :mad:

well in that case it's because u were at Tim Hortons :P

Bob bimmer
12-13-2002, 02:26 AM
Well there are a lot more cars that come stock with tint other than the caravan but as long as you stay with in the tint limits you will be fine. The only reason cops are cracking down on racing is because they have nothing better to do them damn pigs!!!

mkgino
12-13-2002, 03:03 AM
Well I knew something like this would happen. I agree with the cracking down on street racing since of course it does take lives and many people have been injured. But when you start with things like heavy tickets for tinting and stuff like that, it just opens the door for harrasment. Everyone here knows street racing is wrong but everyone does it anyway, and Im no exception. Well I guess we are lucky that we dont live in vancouver where any mod to a car must be reported to the insurance company!??!?!?*thmbsdwn*

got torque?
12-13-2002, 12:09 PM
Now we know why the Toronto "Pigs" force is disliked ....not because of only racial profiling,but because of this kinda Baloney.

Rob, you need to pull your head out of your ass one of these days. You sit behind the keyboard, talking smack like you're a tough guy, and everybody knows what you look like, what car you drive, and where you work. Did it ever occur to you that the police read boards like this one?

I hope you get your ass pulled over and your teeth kicked in by some of these so-called "Pigs". Or worse.

Why can't they just ignore these idiotic "streetracers", and concentrate on the more dangerous criminals roaming around our city.

Streetracers ARE criminals. I hope the police harass them. They kill people, make the streets unsafe, and give a bad name to those of us who are REAL enthusiasts. Street racing is for morons. End of story.

GT?

e30_325_s52
12-13-2002, 12:51 PM
damn got torgue..i can tell u dont lik streetracing....but anyways i think they should make atleast one street in the city that is blocked off at all times....just for street racing and other events...then have street lights in the street instead of a christmas tree...i think it would probly keep down the killin rate each yr down..but thats my opinion

330DTM
12-13-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by got torque?

Streetracers ARE criminals. I hope the police harass them. They kill people, make the streets unsafe, and give a bad name to those of us who are REAL enthusiasts. Street racing is for morons. End of story.

GT?

Got Torque is one of those track junkies! get him! j/k :P
I kind agree on this b/c there are quite a few hot heads out there who want to reinforce their ego by racing just to prove that they are the "best"! Or there's the crazy people who only know how to drive in straight lines and once they come to a corner they start peeing in their pants.

This is a contradiction, but I personally think racing against someone on the street is fine as long as the path is clear, not in the city streets where there's pedestrians and traffic.

I think they should really open up more dragways at least a designated zone close to the city where it's open 24/7. That way if a hot head gotta prove he's the best, then they drive to the dragway and take it out there!

bmwm5lover
12-13-2002, 01:56 PM
This tinting stuff, means bad news for me...my windows are pretty darkk, as u can see in the pic below..i hope that they are within the limits......

e30_325_s52
12-13-2002, 02:14 PM
do u know how percentage ur windows are tinted?if they are sometin lik 75% or more then there illegal but could be wrong

bmwm5lover
12-13-2002, 02:29 PM
See, thats the thing, i have no idea.......But i hope and think its less than 75%. Also, my friend told me a while back, few months ago, that most cars that are driven by teens, are either Honda's, Acura,s or BMW, specially 3 series, and 5 series, which makes a lot of sense, and most of the time, theya re pulled over for no particular reason...

e30_325_s52
12-13-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
See, thats the thing, i have no idea.......But i hope and think its less than 75%. Also, my friend told me a while back, few months ago, that most cars that are driven by teens, are either Honda's, Acura,s or BMW, specially 3 series, and 5 series, which makes a lot of sense, and most of the time, theya re pulled over for no particular reason... man u should call around at places that tint windows and ask them if they can find a way where they can tell how tinted it is or somethin...i hope that hopes for u

bmwm5lover
12-13-2002, 02:46 PM
well, worst case scenario, youll see me on tv one day, part of a high speed chase, cause ive got fed up with paying tint tickets....
LOL
but yeah, ill ask, good idea*wave*

tlaselva
12-13-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by got torque?

GT?

Amen.
Glad to see there's someone on my side.

I went into a lengthy post about police harassment a few months ago & the dangers of street racing.
Some of you have read it, so I won't go into it again.

This stuff makes my blood boil..........:mad:

bmwm5lover
12-13-2002, 04:07 PM
STREET RACING RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Im doing it! (well maybe.....)

AMG_POWER
12-13-2002, 04:19 PM
ummm street racing rulez no shiat! I do it too but it's risky shiat too....when you step on that gas pedal from that moment you are taking lot's of responsibilities of every single life around you.....so that kinda sucks too, so Goverment should build a track for people like us....and give us free time to put the pedal to the metal and let our adrenaline out!

Sounds like a plan to me!*th-up*

mkgino
12-13-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by tlaselva

Amen.

I went into a lengthy post about police harassment a few months ago & the dangers of street racing.

Shame on you Tony, shame, shame, shame. Its one thing to have an opinion and another to be a little hypocritical. Im not trying to be rude, believe me I have much respect for you. But lets not get caught up in trying to always be the "good guy" on these boards and get back to telling it how it is.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7438

200 HP and lightweight make them quick littl' rockets. The car also having less than 5000 K also helps.

Both of you launched very well on the runs, and had your power shifting down pat. If memory serves me right, in the second race, you had a small lead into second.

Was defiantly fun to watch racing between two similarly powered cars.

Moerom and I had 2 quick jaunts at the lights.

First run I must have accidentally activated the burnout launch, cuz my car just fishtailed til I let off the gas. Moerom launched the truck well cuz he had at least 2 car lengths ahead and kept it till we shut things down.
Second run, got off the launch control properly, but that Lightning still managed to pull a car length ahead! The Lightning again managed to keep the lead up 'till about 70 mph. We weren't at the best place for a run, so we shut off the race quick.

Spring next year Moerom and I will pick this up were we left off tonight at Cayuga! :D

As I had originally thought, those Lightning’s with a good driver can launch off the line VERY well, and can manage to keep the lead on an E46 M3 till about 70 mph where we shut things down. Nice runs there Moerom! Looks like you've got the launching of that truck down to an art. *th-up*
I really got to see that truck in action after those mods that you have lined up! Ur in to lay some serious beating on the competition! *shiner*

tlaselva
12-13-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by mkgino

Never said I've never indulged in the forbidden fruit.

On an industrial street, late one evening, with little or no cross traffic, what the hell. If something happens, it's just the two of you that will get into trouble. I was there when you guys ran that night on the industrial street. I had a problem with the speeds that running a full 1/4 would get to, so I turned down an offer for a race that evening, enticing as it was.
Accelerating hard to 120 kph in a 80 zone, with a clear run with center median is not pushing the boundaries of safety to any extreme. Actually, the first time was to less than that.

As you know, itís not the acceleration that is the most dangerous part. Itís the speeds that these races get to. One evening, on the 401, two fart cans passed me, likely both doing about 200 kph, dodging cars. They both passed me so fast, that it made me jump. That incident had disaster written all over it. This is likely what they mean by 'street racing'. Not accelerating hard to just over the speed limit.

I should've clarified that comment about blood boiling was more over the comments about the cops that people were posting. Iím going to also take this opportunity to clarify that I donít think that all cops are angels. Actually, Iíve seen cops pull stunts that I wasnít particularly proud of. But they are a necessary evil.

hawai-Ian
12-13-2002, 07:14 PM

the forum police busted someone's balls AGAIN *thmbsdwn*

nothing gets by you eh :D

mkgino
12-13-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by hawai-Ian

the forum police busted someone's balls AGAIN *thmbsdwn*

nothing gets by you eh :D

How can it, I read every thread! :cool:

qwk325
12-13-2002, 07:36 PM
great another reason for them to break balls, but it doenst matter i not going to let these rice rockets who race drag me in to this im still doing the motor on my car this winter.

tlaselva
12-13-2002, 08:03 PM

How can it, I read every thread! :cool:

Good to see your keepin' people honest. *th-up*

Thor7000
12-13-2002, 09:29 PM
The way I see it is;
As long as you keep smart you will be fine, if it ever comes up to race, find a quiet industrial street and take one or two runs then take off!
I have been to a whole lotta street races within my past (always as an bystander) and I have been to both extremely stupid and extremely smart.

Extremely stupid is where there are tons of cars blocking streets ect with people everywhere and not one ounce of safety.

Then the extremely smart ones is where a small number of cars find an industrial street and take a few runs and then dispurse.

My main worry over this whole issue is at what level do they decide to inpound your car and suspend your licence?

SpudBoy
12-14-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Thor7000
The way I see it is;
As long as you keep smart you will be fine, if it ever comes up to race, find a quiet industrial street and take one or two runs then take off!
I have been to a whole lotta street races within my past (always as an bystander) and I have been to both extremely stupid and extremely smart.

Extremely stupid is where there are tons of cars blocking streets ect with people everywhere and not one ounce of safety.

Then the extremely smart ones is where a small number of cars find an industrial street and take a few runs and then dispurse.

My main worry over this whole issue is at what level do they decide to inpound your car and suspend your licence?

It's pretty much up to the cop. If they want to nab you... you're busted. I got stopped at a R.I.D.E. check point last week. Cop asked if I had been drinking. I smiled and asked "would you drink if you were driving this car?" He just smiled and told me to have a nice evening then waved me through. I think he was a bimmer fan!*smoke* Street Racing kills... dead. I'm no saint but when you think about it rationaly you realize that energy increases with the square of the velocity. Seriously breaking the speed limit in traffic will eventually kill someone.

We need a private track.

just my thoughts

tlaselva
12-14-2002, 12:42 AM
Hey Spud,

Where's that nice sig E46_Lover made you?

Still have your pics on CD.
Let me know if your ever in the area.

SpudBoy
12-14-2002, 01:13 AM
Hey Spud,

Tony: I might be out that way next weekend. I'll let you know via P.M. thanks for posing the pics!*th-up*

Jase
12-14-2002, 01:28 AM
A good view is in my sig those windows are not legal..I know I had a court appearance. I won that one but just got ticketed again t weeks later. It is the officers discretion. There is actual % amounts in certain cities but I don't think there is a ont law( not sure though) since the judge just quoted city bylaw
Here is a pic of the tint on my bmw and the civic in the background same darkness( my wifes car)

bmwm5lover
12-14-2002, 07:30 PM
i think ur darkness is similar to mine, or at least mines a bit lighter.shyt.....

thinair
12-14-2002, 09:25 PM
I honestly didn't think that the rear window tint even mattered (I guess it does). Look at cargo vans, some have no windows behind the drivers at all, and they're harder to backup and manuvuer.

NickP
12-15-2002, 01:11 PM
There's also another law included in this bill, on a 3 lane road where the speed is 100km/h the left lane can only be used for passing...

I'm not against any of the laws in this bill, but... you just know that they are going to get misused.

mkgino
12-15-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by NickP
There's also another law included in this bill, on a 3 lane road where the speed is 100km/h the left lane can only be used for passing...

I'm not against any of the laws in this bill, but... you just know that they are going to get misused.

HA, I would love to see them enforce that everyday at 5pm on the 401, they would give a million tickets/day

bmwm5lover
12-15-2002, 03:41 PM
If you ever see an green 1994 Volvo 940 driving on the emergency lane ina traffic on the 400 series, honk up, or wave!:D :D :D

Jon@Bimmersport
12-15-2002, 03:47 PM

Amen.

lol tony werent you a street racer back in the day?

bmwm5lover
12-15-2002, 03:48 PM
If i ever turbocharge Bavarski, theres gonna be plenty of racing! lol, I need an M5, THEN we will haev some fun!

Jon@Bimmersport
12-15-2002, 03:57 PM
Hey Spud,

i havent forgotten about your sig! i just need some pics of your car...preferably high quality digital ones..got any?

tlaselva
12-15-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover

lol tony werent you a street racer back in the day?

Big time.
Back in those days, it was 5.0 L Mustangs, Buick Grand Nationals and Vettes. We would find a secluded industrial street, and would race for hours until the wee hrs. of the morning. We also used our common sense, or what little we had of it back then. Never remember of incidences of teenagers killing themselves back then racing like you do nowadays.
Once I started working as a paramedic, my attitude towards street racing changed a little though. I'm sure if you also saw the horrors of a car accident over and over, it would hit home the reality of how dangerous high speeds really is. Now not to say I'm an angel myself, even now, but if I speed, I try to use some discretion, such as an empty road/highway, where you are not endangering anyone else. If you want to endanger yourself, on an open highway/roadway, go for it, but with caution.

Accident stats will show you that the deaths attributed to street racing have been taking a disturbing trend upwards, and lately have been doubling every year. Even worse than this is the innocent driver on the roads that become victims to people who are racing on streets. Because of this Police have been pressured to crack down on this activity.

It is debatable on how best to resolve this issue, but I'm going to speculate that it would be a good start with all of us to use our discretion on were we race. We all know best place for this is a track, like Cayuga. I understand this at times is not practical though. Just remember, street racing is never safe. With some discretion & common sense though, the dangers can be held down to a minimum, and we can all live to race another day!