PDA

View Full Version : Interesting E46M3 vs Z06 comparison

addbhp
12-12-2002, 10:27 AM
Some good reading. Looks like the Z06 has converted more than a few people.

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25847

addbhp
12-12-2002, 10:31 AM
"Again, don't get me wrong, I love the M3, but if you're comparing
it to a Z06, it's apples and oranges.

One is a luxury coupe w/ performance and the other is a
sports car.

The original M3, although only equipped with a 4 cylinder motor
was much more in the same spirit (but not performance) as the
Z06. Pure performance.. no luxury.

BMW seems to be making every one of their cars into another
Lexus/Infiniti/Mercedes lately and I DON'T like it. I started tuning
BMW's not for money, but because I drove them and I LOVED them
as much as you can love a car. They are losing their niche identity
in pursuit of "sales" and "luxury".

I also think that Chris Bangle, their "design chief" should be taken
to a safe place with medication and rubber walls"

Quote from Jim Conforti (BMW tuner and Chip mfg.)....I couldn't agree more. In one post he talks about the repair manual for the R/R of the M3's cams is a 30 page document. :huh?:

tlaselva
12-12-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by addbhp
"Again, don't get me wrong, I love the M3, but if you're comparing
it to a Z06, it's apples and oranges.

One is a luxury coupe w/ performance and the other is a
sports car.

The original M3, although only equipped with a 4 cylinder motor
was much more in the same spirit (but not performance) as the
Z06. Pure performance.. no luxury.

BMW seems to be making every one of their cars into another
Lexus/Infiniti/Mercedes lately and I DON'T like it. I started tuning
BMW's not for money, but because I drove them and I LOVED them
as much as you can love a car. They are losing their niche identity
in pursuit of "sales" and "luxury".

Couldn't agree with you more. *th-up*

The CSL M3 is a step in the right direction, but doesn't look like BMW's serious about regular production numbers, not to mention availability in N/A. :(

mkgino
12-12-2002, 11:48 AM
I think the M3 CSL would eat a Z06, because its so light, what do you guys think??

Soldo
12-12-2002, 06:32 PM
i second that statement!!!
*wave*

AMG_POWER
12-12-2002, 08:05 PM
i think Z06 is cool car to have but as a second car... one thing i don't like about corvettes is the interrior is really cheap and fugly...but outside it's one sweet ride...*th-up*

Oh and yeah i would take m3 over corvette because from my point of view the Quality of german car cannot be compare to any other car... AND CSL well i red somthing about it...still i think it's bullshit, because BMW should've make it at least 400hp with v8 or smth....it's more expensive than normal m3 plus it doesn't haev A/C lol i think CSL is just a track car to have!

TIPS HOW you can convert you m3 to CSL - just chip it...take A/c off swap hood doors to a fiberglass one...umm loose some weight yourself...and what else...take your car apart and throw away parts that you think are heavy and they make no use in your car....lol there you go you have made your OWN CSL :)

SickFinga
12-12-2002, 08:32 PM
well CSL will have v8 + carbo fiber parts, yes it has no ac, fog light and other useless crap. Same was with US spec E36 M3 LTW(lightweight) it had less sound proofing, not leather, manual seats, no ac. CSL is kinda replasment for LTW, but way more better and way nigget price on it. I bet moree than 90% of CLS will be sold to race clubs. Why would you buy a 250k BMW for streets?
I wouldn't.

Betray
12-12-2002, 08:35 PM
inside of z06 only good thing is were shifter is..
other then that its really not that cool.. to many in summer.. infact WAY TO MANY!! but then again im seeing more e46 m3s also..

that is why i like e36 much more

i like the luxury and performance in a bmw that is why i love car so much... nothing special about z06 just speed

mkgino
12-12-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Betray
inside of z06 only good thing is were shifter is..
other then that its really not that cool.. to many in summer.. infact WAY TO MANY!! but then again im seeing more e46 m3s also..

that is why i like e36 much more

i like the luxury and performance in a bmw that is why i love car so much... nothing special about z06 just speed

Your right, thats why the LTW M3 of previous years was a very poor seller, some even sold for lower than MSRP cause BMW wanted to get rid of them.